Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 12 Mar 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3377701)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
British Rallycross R1 2014 - Lydden Hill

Only a few weeks until this, so I thought I'd give it a thread of its own. Anyone caught any word on who is going to be there yet?
Old 12 Mar 2014, 10:22 (Ref:3377728)   #2
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
50 Belgians are reported to be entered and going.

Plus there will be some drivers testing cars for the World Champs event

I know Procter hopes to debut his new Fiesta, add this to the normal bunch of British competitors and looks like being a big entry.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 12:17 (Ref:3377762)   #3
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must have missed this Procter has a new Fiesta? Is this a new build or an ex car of someone?

Mark
Old 12 Mar 2014, 12:41 (Ref:3377774)   #4
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamakiRX View Post
50 Belgians are reported to be entered and going.

Plus there will be some drivers testing cars for the World Champs event

I know Procter hopes to debut his new Fiesta, add this to the normal bunch of British competitors and looks like being a big entry.

Always a well attended event this one. Has the Focus gone or is still for sale?
Old 12 Mar 2014, 14:00 (Ref:3377816)   #5
AlamakiRX
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USRallycross View Post
I must have missed this Procter has a new Fiesta? Is this a new build or an ex car of someone?

Mark
The Fiesta is an MSport built car with a Mike Callaghan engine

He also hasnt sold the Focus yet.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 14:14 (Ref:3377820)   #6
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The Fiesta is an MSport built car with a Mike Callaghan engine
Mk.8 Fiesta I assume? I'm rather partial to the Mk.6, 7 & 8 Fiesta in rallycross form, so I look forward to seeing that on track.

That number of Belgium entries sounds very promising. Fingers crossed for a good one!
Old 19 Mar 2014, 09:53 (Ref:3381829)   #7
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Forgive the double post, but provisional entry list now up:

http://www.britishrallycross.co.uk/n...ceived-entries

12 Supercars, 13 Super National, 15 Super 1600 and 39 Belgium Super National entrants!

Brilliant to see Steve Hill back. No Pat Doran in the Supercars (or in the Retros) and two mystery DS3 drivers?
Old 19 Mar 2014, 12:56 (Ref:3381889)   #8
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
I guess the DS3's would be Liam's team doing a pre season test? Is it me or is Mystery not spelt with a Y?
Old 19 Mar 2014, 13:14 (Ref:3381893)   #9
RJW
Rookie

RJW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Simon Horton??
Old 19 Mar 2014, 14:10 (Ref:3381908)   #10
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Is it me or is Mystery not spelt with a Y?
Ha, I spotted that as well!

LD Motorsport testing would seem the sensible bet, wouldn't it? Be interesting to see how many cars LDM bring if that is the case. Last years press release mentioned running three cars in 2014. The same press release also mentioned Bakkerud and all subsequent photos posted on Facebook have only shown two DS3's, so perhaps that plan has changed.

Hopefully Procter and Horton will be added.
Old 19 Mar 2014, 16:44 (Ref:3381944)   #11
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone know what Patrick van Mechelen is doing in 2014? He wasn't on the provisional entry list for the opening round of the Belgium Championship.

And any news on Michael de Keersmaecker? Does he still have the "Focus" and the "Volvo"?
Old 19 Mar 2014, 16:44 (Ref:3381945)   #12
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post

LD Motorsport testing would seem the sensible bet, wouldn't it? Be interesting to see how many cars LDM bring if that is the case. Last years press release mentioned running three cars in 2014. The same press release also mentioned Bakkerud and all subsequent photos posted on Facebook have only shown two DS3's, so perhaps that plan has changed.

They'll be a few more I'm sure as there's still a week to go yet. Having the Belgium's over doesn't half help bolster the entrance list. Its 50/50 split between them and the Brits.
Old 19 Mar 2014, 17:42 (Ref:3381956)   #13
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
Anyone know what Patrick van Mechelen is doing in 2014? He wasn't on the provisional entry list for the opening round of the Belgium Championship.

And any news on Michael de Keersmaecker? Does he still have the "Focus" and the "Volvo"?
Van Mechelen has not enough budget.

Keersmaecker is building a new Fiesta and will join ERX/WRX from Belgian round.
Old 19 Mar 2014, 21:47 (Ref:3382038)   #14
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
They'll be a few more I'm sure as there's still a week to go yet. Having the Belgium's over doesn't half help bolster the entrance list. Its 50/50 split between them and the Brits.
They're good for numbers but great for quality Just look at those supernationals - Volvos galore!

On the flip side where have all the RX150's gone?
Old 20 Mar 2014, 08:26 (Ref:3382151)   #15
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
They're good for numbers but great for quality Just look at those supernationals - Volvos galore!

On the flip side where have all the RX150's gone?
There's time left for a couple more to enter. I seem to think they were running at about 8 entries a meeting last year.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 09:52 (Ref:3382185)   #16
AlamakiRX
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post

In terms of the 2 DS3's my guess would be Solberg and Tohill in the LD Motorsport version...

Procter is waiting for an engine but hopes to be there and Horton is finishing the build of his Scooby....
Old 20 Mar 2014, 11:13 (Ref:3382209)   #17
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
In terms of the 2 DS3's my guess would be Solberg and Tohill in the LD Motorsport version...
I thought Solberg, but then thought that was probably wishful thinking! Would be superb to see him at a British Championship round.

Shame PVM won't be over. Anyone heard whether Jon B. Hrolfsson plans to run the British Championship in 2014? He wasn't the quickest car out there last year, but he was entertaining in the wet! No Grzegorz Kalinceki on the Retro entries either?

The entry list has been updated: Kevin Procter is apparently driving a Focus Focus.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 11:29 (Ref:3382217)   #18
Hickey1
Racer

England
Maidstone, Kent
Hickey1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a very healthy looking entry list and I'm very much looking forward to the spectacle.

However, I don't understand the point of listing drivers as 'Mystery.' If you are trying to drum up some interest in the meeting and get more people through the gates, then tell them who they can look forward to seeing. My guess is that 10% more people might turn up if they knew in advance that Solberg would be racing.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 17:31 (Ref:3382361)   #19
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey1 View Post

However, I don't understand the point of listing drivers as 'Mystery.' If you are trying to drum up some interest in the meeting and get more people through the gates, then tell them who they can look forward to seeing. My guess is that 10% more people might turn up if they knew in advance that Solberg would be racing.
I agree
Old 20 Mar 2014, 18:29 (Ref:3382380)   #20
maranello48
Rookie

maranello48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I highly doubt it will be mr solberg, more likely liam doran's lot. which would tie in with the fact that they've not formalised their drivers for this year.

there's also a mystery driver in the swifts, which i can imagine being a monster energy person, dont know who though!

I think the misspelling of mystery is likely down to the fact that the entry, timing and entry lists are organised by Marcel Lambrechts of rallycross timing, whos first language is not english.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 20:27 (Ref:3382429)   #21
rs 200
Racer

rs 200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What it means is they have no driver for it and asking all and everybody then at last min pick the biggest well known name ,
,I think it will be a boring weekend 1 day dragged over 2 days
Old 21 Mar 2014, 00:05 (Ref:3382503)   #22
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Solberg has posted a photo of his ds3 shell on Facebook today, and commented its off to be painted tomorrow, so doesn't look very race ready at the mo! So I assumed the 2 DS3 were LD cars too.

Apart from he first one in August when the Belgium was a separate event from the British on the Monday, this meeting has always been two days and never disappointed, though I did miss one of the Saturday's due to an issue with my car while driving down.

Though I guess the "return" event, in the past at Maasmechelen, has been a one day event, I always assumed they could manage that in a day, because they didn't have the noise curfew restrictions that Lydden has?

So I can see why this is a 2 day event, it's the August meeting, being 2 days once it was no longer the Belgium/British Round that is the one that feels dragged out and padded with FMX and drifting to me.

French national rounds are all 2 days, most Belgium rounds other than Lydden appear to be one day events. So what is the norm for other national rounds across Europe?
Old 21 Mar 2014, 10:30 (Ref:3382587)   #23
AlamakiRX
Racer

What we reckon;
Tohill and Skorupski in the LD cars....... pretty good guess..

Not sure Pat will be there or the RS200 as i believe he will be at Goodwood as part of the Group B/Retro event.
Old 21 Mar 2014, 13:26 (Ref:3382641)   #24
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I can confirm that I'm NOT one of the mystery drivers :-)

However, I can confirm as well that despite our best efforts (and those that know me well enough can vouch I have tried to move heaven & earth) we won't be ready for Lydden due to a hold up in some final parts. Honestly we have done everything possible to be ready and people following our FB / twitter feeds will be aware that we are almost ready. If the first event had been 1 more week off, we would have been on the grid.

However, on a more positive note, I can confirm we will attend every other round this season and the entry for Holland is already in and the ferry booked.

Best of luck to all those competing, it looks like an absolutely fantastic line-up of drivers and car for the first event of 2014.
Old 21 Mar 2014, 18:05 (Ref:3382723)   #25
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Shame to read you won't have the car finished Simon: was hoping to see a Scoob/Evo duel with Steve Hill! The British Rallycross Facebook page is promising news tomorrow, so perhaps the mystery DS3 drivers will be revealed then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maranello48
there's also a mystery driver in the swifts, which i can imagine being a monster energy person, dont know who though!
Maybe Sam Reynolds again? Given its Lydden though, Steve Biagioni would be my bet.

Quote:
Not sure Pat will be there or the RS200 as i believe he will be at Goodwood as part of the Group B/Retro event.
I can't see him on the entry list?

http://issuu.com/goodwoodestate/docs...769785/7012875

Guess he could be a late entry though!