Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 7 Mar 2000, 15:44 (Ref:5065)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
with just 10 days to go until the Sebring 12 hour race the entry list has been announced and looks like a quality field
head over to www.sportscarworld.com/champs/alms2000/seb005.htm for the complete entry list

I think maybe the Panoz team will get up for the win ..but Im biased being a huge David Brabham fan..but there could be a surprise come race day with alot of cars in with a real shot at victory.
Old 8 Mar 2000, 16:07 (Ref:5066)   #2
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks. Checked it out. Just like they said, that field has quality written all over it. It may just be the best field at Sebring in a long time (I don't know, I missed most of the GTP era).

Anyone care to make a prediction? My guesses:
Prototypes: Panoz vs. BMW. Not sure who wins.
GTS: 1-2-3: Viper, Vette, Viper (just like Daytona) GO CORVETTE!
GT: new BMW M3, if it lasts, vs. Job Porsche. Porsche wins.

Should be a good race.

What I think is cool is that two out of three of the world's biggest endurance sports car races are in podunk, hillbilly Florida, and both are within easy driving distance of my home.
Old 8 Mar 2000, 17:05 (Ref:5067)   #3
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sebring is notorious for showing any potential weakness in a car. The rough concrete slabs are sepearated by large expansion joints and beat the suspensions and gearboxes of the cars unmercifully. The weather should be warm by US standards, bordering on hot by European standards. There will mostly likely rain in the afternoon, it used to everyday when I lived in Florida. The track is made up of different surfaces. Sandy-mixed concrete, asphalt and old macadam surfaces will strain the tires. The huge long straight will have the engines bouncing off their rev limiters and the slow second gear turns will test the flexibility of their torque bands. Should be a great race.