Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Feb 2016, 10:30 (Ref:3614380)   #101
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedley Verity View Post
Nigel Moore, at the time the youngest Le Mans entrant ever, his sister Sarah (?) did well in Ginettas IIRC, then both disappeared, must still be relatively young, family money dry up?
As mentioned above, he has most recently been racing with sister Sarah in the VLN series.

For 2016 Nigel will be racing in the Michelin GT3 Le Mans Cup and the Britcar Endurance Championship.
No word on Sarah Moore's 2016 plans though.
Old 13 Feb 2016, 11:26 (Ref:3614385)   #102
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0994 View Post
If you talking about German team from DTM, i think that they are now HTP Motorsport.
Ohh, never would have guessed that - thanks!
Old 13 Feb 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3614429)   #103
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
The Zakspeed Porsche had a distinct livery that year as well.

here are both of them actually!

Here's more from the maestro

http://www.speedhunters.com/2010/04/...he_911_gt1_98/
Loved the Zakspeed Porsches. Really great livery.
Old 13 Feb 2016, 18:26 (Ref:3614446)   #104
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Loved the Zakspeed Porsches. Really great livery.
The livery on that one in the pic above is a bit of a hack-job, though. That green is the corporate color of Jever, a German beer brand. So the proper paint job would be this one: Link.
Old 15 Feb 2016, 12:17 (Ref:3614814)   #105
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the story behind Mike Rockenfeller not racing at Le Mans anymore. Realize that he had the big accident at Le Mans a couple of years ago and races in DTM now. But why not at the greatest race on the planet? Believe he raced at Daytona 24 this year?
Old 15 Feb 2016, 13:23 (Ref:3614821)   #106
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For 2013 he wanted to focus on DTM and that worked out quite well, to say the least, winning the DTM title that year.
Old 15 Feb 2016, 15:18 (Ref:3614841)   #107
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
The livery on that one in the pic above is a bit of a hack-job, though. That green is the corporate color of Jever, a German beer brand. So the proper paint job would be this one: Link.
Slightly odd to have a beer brand just above Saudi Arabian Airlines, but there you go.
Old 15 Feb 2016, 18:04 (Ref:3614875)   #108
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
For 2013 he wanted to focus on DTM and that worked out quite well, to say the least, winning the DTM title that year.
Is it that he wanted to focus on the DTM?
I'm sure I remember reading that Audi wanted to keep its DTM and sportscar drivers separate?

I can't imagine anyone (especially a winner) turning down Le Mans in favour of the DTM.
Old 15 Feb 2016, 18:45 (Ref:3614889)   #109
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post

I can't imagine anyone (especially a winner) turning down Le Mans in favour of the DTM.
In Germany the DTM title means a lot more than the LM-win. That's not saying too much, but I can see why he'd do it. Especially since LM is about the car and DTM about the drivers.
Old 15 Feb 2016, 18:57 (Ref:3614899)   #110
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Slightly odd to have a beer brand just above Saudi Arabian Airlines, but there you go.
Well it's in line with what I know about certain members of the KSA establishment! But that's another thread for another forum...
Old 19 Feb 2016, 05:32 (Ref:3615898)   #111
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is a bit of a wide open goal, question wise...

I know a lot of GT cars end up in people's collections (see Florent Moulin's impressive haul of SEVEN Viper GTS-R GT1 cars), while others become track day toys. I would personally expect a lot more slightly older GT cars in Supercar Challenge, Britcar and so on. So has anyone seen some of the 90's/00's GT machines that no longer race at test days and so on?

A few specific GT cars I'm interested in tracing:

Gillet Vertigo - Did it become the VDS 001?
Xero Competition Corvette C5 - Do we know what happened to the Ex-Embassy car and the yellow one?
Porsche 996 GT3 RSRs - I haven't seen one on an entry list in a long time; are they all in collections?
Lister Storm - Who owns these wonderful beasts now?
TVR Cerebra Speed 12 - I remember it from British GT!
Prodrive Ferrari 550s - I haven't seen them out anywhere for many years - have they all been confined to static display in museums?

I could go on for days here but I'll stop... If you have any knowledge to bestow upon me I'd be most grateful!

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 19 Feb 2016, 05:50 (Ref:3615900)   #112
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Prodrive 550s are very thing on the ground. I've seen most other cars of the GTS GT1 class in private hands out and about at track days etc but not them. Nor do they appear for sale.

According to DSC there's about a dozen that exist. I assume the Le Mans winning car is still at Prodrive but haven't seen any others in public eye.

Even the 575s, the Italtechnica and Weith 550s can be seen at hill climbs but the Prodrive cars seem to be locked away.
Old 19 Feb 2016, 06:01 (Ref:3615902)   #113
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
A few specific GT cars I'm interested in tracing:

Porsche 996 GT3 RSRs - I haven't seen one on an entry list in a long time;
One of the former Flying Lizard 996s raced (still in Lizard livery) in VLN at the Nurburgring as recently as 2014.
I remember seeing it for sale on one of the racing classifieds sites more recently, though.

Photo from here:
http://www.speedweek.com/vln/news/55...en-Teil-3.html
Old 20 Feb 2016, 20:59 (Ref:3616343)   #114
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Members

- FordCosworthPanoz
- NightStalk3r
- The Badger
- arakis
Old 20 Feb 2016, 21:37 (Ref:3616351)   #115
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Huh, I just assumed The Badger and arakis finally stopped beating around the bush and got a room. No need for anyone to pry...

I think NightStalk3r still hangs around on the OCUK forums - that's how I know of him (although I don't know him), because I've not seen him post on 10ths as long as I've been here. But I've not been there since 2014 so that could be well out of date. However I do know he was close to Sean Edwards and his family so I wouldn't be surprised if his time was taken up with helping out the Sean Edwards Foundation.
Old 20 Feb 2016, 21:45 (Ref:3616353)   #116
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Those Porsche vs Ferrari arguments were fun, back when there still was something to argue about regarding the model supremacy

NightStalk3r seems to have logged in last November so I guess he still occassionally checks in? Even though his last post dates to Daytona 2015.

FCP used to have some good sarcastic humor, and tales from the tropics, wonder what's he's up to after disappearing few years ago.
Old 20 Feb 2016, 23:26 (Ref:3616373)   #117
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
What ever happened to....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Members

- FordCosworthPanoz
- NightStalk3r
- The Badger
- arakis

FCP was banned from memory

I talk to Badger on Facebook and he's pretty busy with life, he does post here from time to time though. I miss the golden days of WW3 that was the Ferrari v Porsche thread, it was great to have a thread filled with such passion and now people just argue about BOP- but people move on and Badger seems to be a happy man these days so good for him

Arakis and NightStalk3r-no idea
Old 20 Feb 2016, 23:34 (Ref:3616378)   #118
Deleted
Veteran

FCP banned, for what?

Arakis was pretty fed up with the way BoP implementation bol progressed in LMGTE/2 so maybe he gave up for good (and didn't "move over" to LMP as I did). Anyhow looks as if he logged in for LM last year
Old 21 Feb 2016, 01:22 (Ref:3616393)   #119
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
What ever happened to....?

No idea about why FCP was banned, I'm quite sure he was just never asked why. Shame, I enjoyed his posts.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 18:49 (Ref:3616528)   #120
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
FCP was banned from memory
Nope. But he hasn't been here since August '14.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 18:51 (Ref:3616531)   #121
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Nope. But he hasn't been here since August '14.

My bad then. I was sure was but perhaps I mistook him for someone else. Hopefully he returns.
Old 22 Feb 2016, 06:19 (Ref:3616652)   #122
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Team Goh?
Old 27 Feb 2016, 20:18 (Ref:3618288)   #123
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Paul Cope, ProTran and the lovely Venturi 400 GTR.

All three seemed to vanish mid-season in 2011 - Does anyone know what happened? That season Paul was racing the Venturi in GT Cup and GT Trophy. I saw the car out with Paul in a GT Trophy race in August, and I don't recall seeing it on any results on since...

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 1 Mar 2016, 18:12 (Ref:3619058)   #124
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
The Lister Storm GTLs.
Old 2 Mar 2016, 01:05 (Ref:3619162)   #125
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The Lister Storm GTLs.
Decommissioned in 1998 and probably used as test mules for the Lister Storm GT (GT2 class).