Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 19 Jan 2016, 17:46 (Ref:3606274)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2016 Rolex 24 at Daytona

It is that time of year again, 24 hours on the banking of Daytona. This race has produced some close finishes over the years (thanks to the yellow flag procedure), and this year's event will likely be more of the same. Lots of new GT cars making their series debut and there are a few additional Prototypes to contend for the overall victory. Will the Ligiers, Mazdas, or BR01 be able to knock off a DP? Will the DeltaWing be able to last?

The race begins at 2:40pm local track time on Saturday 30 January.

Schedule

Entry List

Weather

Track Map

Timing & Scoring

Timing & Scoring (Alternate)

Spotters Guide

Fantasy Racing Challenge

Session results - raw data

This worked last year for Daytona, don't know about this year:
Video Links: 1 2 VLC

Additional links will be added closer to race day - and once the entry list is out.

Last edited by joeb; 26 Jan 2016 at 14:55.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 18:03 (Ref:3606280)   #2
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking forward to my first visit to Daytona.

About the race, I agree, it will be all about timing of the cautions I think. Last year was better than 2014 in the sense there was an actual reason for the final yellow.

Actually, the Caution Clock has just been announced for Nascar Trucks- IMSA next?

Last edited by fergus_r; 19 Jan 2016 at 18:12.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 18:11 (Ref:3606281)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Additional links will be added closer to race day - and once the entry list is out.
Yay! Race thread.

Thanks for updating the links . I'm sure we'll have some for the "official, not available for all and not for the full 24" stream?
Old 19 Jan 2016, 18:18 (Ref:3606285)   #4
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Looking forward to my first visit to Daytona.

About the race, I agree, it will be all about timing of the cautions I think. Last year was better than 2014 in the sense there was an actual reason for the final yellow.

Actually, the Caution Clock has just been announced for Nascar Trucks- IMSA next?
Enjoy! The first time you drive through the tunnel and are inside the bowl it's pretty awe-inspiring.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 18:19 (Ref:3606287)   #5
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
The race begins at 2:40pm local track time on Saturday 30 January.
So 40 minutes of the 2 hours we get on FS1 is before the race.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 18:40 (Ref:3606299)   #6
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
Enjoy! The first time you drive through the tunnel and are inside the bowl it's pretty awe-inspiring.
Thanks! I'm expecting it will be quite staggering.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 19:11 (Ref:3606313)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
Quote:
Thanks! I'm expecting it will be quite staggering.
That is pretty neat. However, out of Indy, Daytona and Sebring, I got more chills seeing the front stretch / pit area at Sebring. All three are kickass, in their own way.

Enjoy, fergus.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 19:50 (Ref:3606329)   #8
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Leaving next Thursday morning.

It'll be so nice to attend another race and not have to deal with the usual crap posters until I get home.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 19:58 (Ref:3606335)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Have a top time at the race and a well deserved break
Old 19 Jan 2016, 20:12 (Ref:3606343)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Leaving next Thursday morning.

It'll be so nice to attend another race and not have to deal with the usual crap posters until I get home.
You can always use tapatalk. That way you can post pictures and personal experiences at the track, that'll make me jealous and mad.

It didn't work for the last race I went to; nobody was jealous of us camping at PLM.

*fingers crossed for good weather for you and others in attendance*
Old 19 Jan 2016, 20:16 (Ref:3606345)   #11
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I will most likely be far too inebriated to work a phone to be honest.

Racecars and alcohol are a match made in heaven.

I'm hoping for good weather as well, although I'll take rain over the single digit temperatures I'm dealing with currently.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 20:35 (Ref:3606354)   #12
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Let's have Chase as well like in the big three now, it'll be fun!
Old 19 Jan 2016, 21:14 (Ref:3606374)   #13
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Let's have Chase as well like in the big three now, it'll be fun!
IMSA does not need a "Race for the Chase for the Quest for the Cup for the Thing". Wow I just read an article about that whole NASCAR Trucks thing. And it makes you want to bang your head. How about you just have a 10 minute race be done with it.

Lets do this thing right. 24 hours and make that time meaningful without artificial ways to close gaps. I miss the days when a car won the Daytona 24 by 10-20 laps. Does anybody else feel the same way?
Old 19 Jan 2016, 21:18 (Ref:3606376)   #14
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Not me, personally.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 21:20 (Ref:3606379)   #15
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Definitely not
Old 19 Jan 2016, 21:24 (Ref:3606380)   #16
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I rather have car winning race by 100 laps on merit, than by 0,00001 seconds on manufactured tricks.

And in case someone didn't get my Chase suggestion, obviously it was a joke.

Btw what is the catchy background song RLM uses for that Chase for the Quest -- roundup? I doubt it's their own jingle.
Old 20 Jan 2016, 01:50 (Ref:3606438)   #17
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I rather have car winning race by 100 laps on merit, than by 0,00001 seconds on manufactured tricks.
Agree 100%.
Old 20 Jan 2016, 02:15 (Ref:3606444)   #18
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post

Lets do this thing right. 24 hours and make that time meaningful without artificial ways to close gaps. I miss the days when a car won the Daytona 24 by 10-20 laps. Does anybody else feel the same way?
I don't particularly enjoy seeing such dominance but I fully agree against the artificialities or better said:
Quote:
Daytona is not a downforce track, nevertheless, it will be interesting to see if the new GTs can improve the last year's times
Old 20 Jan 2016, 02:40 (Ref:3606450)   #19
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
With all the talk about full course yellows keep in mind that with ABS/TC now, the GT cars will be much easier to drive. There could be less crashes among them. I feel LMPC will cause much of the FCYs still. There are 8 of them in the field. 8 too many. Hopefully it will be all in the first 4 hours so we can get them out of the race or at least calmed down and we can have a clean race from there.
Old 20 Jan 2016, 03:14 (Ref:3606456)   #20
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
With all the talk about full course yellows keep in mind that with ABS/TC now, the GT cars will be much easier to drive. There could be less crashes among them. I feel LMPC will cause much of the FCYs still. There are 8 of them in the field. 8 too many. Hopefully it will be all in the first 4 hours so we can get them out of the race or at least calmed down and we can have a clean race from there.
And they have none of the proposed upgrades. At least, they didn't at the test.
Old 20 Jan 2016, 16:10 (Ref:3606599)   #21
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
And they have none of the proposed upgrades. At least, they didn't at the test.
I think they got the transmission upgrades for reliability but the ABS and TC are saved for Sebring - in other words - the reverse of the order we'd like to improve the 24.
Old 20 Jan 2016, 18:04 (Ref:3606632)   #22
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
I think they got the transmission upgrades for reliability but the ABS and TC are saved for Sebring - in other words - the reverse of the order we'd like to improve the 24.
PC isn't getting ABS at all. For Sebring they're scheduled to get a basic TC and lightening of some engine components which will help the balance of the car (it wasn't designed to have as much rear weight bias as it's had the last few seasons).

Of course, based on the history of those involved there probably won't be any real testing of the changes and none of the cars with the upgrades will finish Sebring. :-)

-mike
Old 20 Jan 2016, 18:24 (Ref:3606639)   #23
Jaguar4
Rookie

United States
Grand Rapids, MI
Jaguar4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
PC isn't getting ABS at all. For Sebring they're scheduled to get a basic TC and lightening of some engine components which will help the balance of the car (it wasn't designed to have as much rear weight bias as it's had the last few seasons).

Of course, based on the history of those involved there probably won't be any real testing of the changes and none of the cars with the upgrades will finish Sebring. :-)

-mike
You would think teams would go to the official test at Sebring in February with the upgrades. I guess that costs money though.
Old 20 Jan 2016, 19:23 (Ref:3606665)   #24
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It would be nice if IMSA would release an official entry list now, cars are on track in 7 days.....
Old 20 Jan 2016, 19:32 (Ref:3606670)   #25
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It would be nice if IMSA would release an official entry list now, cars are on track in 7 days.....
I noticed that and hope that it's good news. In the past, entry list have occasionally been delayed by the need for press releases for late entries.