Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 10 Mar 2016, 14:08 (Ref:3621864)   #26
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Sebring has two threads open can you shut one of them down please?
They serve different purposes.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 14:33 (Ref:3621875)   #27
Madkart
Rookie

Puerto Rico
Greenville, South Carolina
Madkart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
They serve different purposes.
Yeah

Last edited by Madkart; 10 Mar 2016 at 14:39.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 15:47 (Ref:3621888)   #28
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
[url]

Not that he's gonna get any real drive time, 4 drivers for 12 hours is absurd overkill
Agreed. We can have three drivers for 24 hours. Why would you need 4 for 12? Ridiculous.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 16:17 (Ref:3621893)   #29
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think you even need 3 drivers for 6 hour races, 2 used to be the norm for LMP1 factory teams too in the past.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 17:04 (Ref:3621912)   #30
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aero spec lists as per mandatory wind tunnel BoP tests... DW, of course, not accounted for, and Lolas have some options other P2s don't
http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...ro%20BoP_0.pdf
Old 10 Mar 2016, 18:29 (Ref:3621934)   #31
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I hope these p2 guys were sandbagging. Nothing on the Mazda. Maybe it was wise to test 'privately' so imsa doesn't fudge their bop?
It's more likely it's breaking down on a regular basis so keep it private.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 20:48 (Ref:3621960)   #32
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The Mazda lasted about halfway through Daytona. That'd be Sebring's entire race. Doubt they were breaking down at their test.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 22:44 (Ref:3621975)   #33
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
A couple of my friends I bought tickets for can't go now. So I have some extra tickets. If anyone needs any 4 day passes please send me a PM. Will sell for less than face value. Can meet you there, will be arriving on Wednesday evening.
Old 11 Mar 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3622170)   #34
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ligier HPD and oreca 05 bopped down

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/12h...lm-p2-bridees/
Old 13 Mar 2016, 20:13 (Ref:3622545)   #35
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post

I really would like to know what would come next after if DPs Corvettes did not win Sebring 12h after all these adjust for others prototypes (BoP down)
Old 13 Mar 2016, 20:36 (Ref:3622554)   #36
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasdriv87 View Post
I really would like to know what would come next after if DPs Corvettes did not win Sebring 12h after all these adjust for others prototypes (BoP down)
It is (supposedly, at the moment) DP's last year so Daytona was an error on the part of IMSA, don't worry, the rest of the season will be "right"
Old 13 Mar 2016, 21:01 (Ref:3622564)   #37
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
It is (supposedly, at the moment) DP's last year so Daytona was an error on the part of IMSA, don't worry, the rest of the season will be "right"
very likely we will see corvette DP's also next year. Anyway, need to say that because of bop, DP cars progressively lost power since 2014, infact both in 2015 and 2016, DP cars never were able to run close to 2014 daytona pole.
I am an avid pc sims player, and I calculated that from daytona 2014, corvette DP lost about 30-40hp, 560-570hp to about 530hp. Of course don't know how much close to the reality, this calculation of mine is.

Real problem for DP is their age. DP can't be updated and 2016 cars still use untouched 2014 aero parts, while lmp2 aero evolves year by year and now with the HPD V6 3.5, I think that lmp2 and DP have a comparable power. DP have a better top speed, just because ligier produce more downforce/drag; indeed the prototype with the highest top speed during daytona 24 hours was the BR01.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 21:06 (Ref:3622567)   #38
carbon_titanium
Veteran

by the way, corvette DP teams will have a very easy life in the remaining races post sebring, being ESM out. Pew and Negri simply are too slow.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 22:28 (Ref:3622584)   #39
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah, Daytona was too good of racing. Needed to BOP that competitiveness out of Sebring.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 01:46 (Ref:3622607)   #40
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eh, just put a stretched out Corvette body on a P2 chassis and call it a day.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 13:21 (Ref:3622689)   #41
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Makes sense why they reigned the P2 style cars back after Daytona, considering it's an outlier track.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 13:34 (Ref:3622699)   #42
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Yeah, Daytona was too good of racing. Needed to BOP that competitiveness out of Sebring.
But didn't you hear what the FOX comms guys said during the race few times, that BoP was perhaps a little bit unfair towards DPs? Wayne Whiner also said that the P2 cars were a little bit too quick for them now.

You know, because it's absolutely never been otherwise around.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 13:39 (Ref:3622704)   #43
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post

Considering they were 1 second faster at Daytona (with the Gold/Plat drivers) I bet they would be close to 2 at Sebring. I bet they make up the majority of the top half of the field in qualifying.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 13:41 (Ref:3622705)   #44
Deleted
Veteran

But as I linked on post #30, aero BoP has also been changed so it's not directly comparable.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 14:34 (Ref:3622721)   #45
carbon_titanium
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Considering they were 1 second faster at Daytona (with the Gold/Plat drivers) I bet they would be close to 2 at Sebring. I bet they make up the majority of the top half of the field in qualifying.
well, I can understand a turbo pressure cut for the HPD ligier; but to me is really unfair to bring back to 1x40mm the air restrictor of the nissan! simply IMSA gave to the oreca 05 the same power of a nissan oreca 05 running in WEC (less than 500hp), while is clear that corvette DP and HPD lmp2 have much more power(about 530-540). IMSA is simply killing car performances, also in a track like sebring where aero is more important than mere power.

BTW, corvette and ford received 10kg of ballast, while the M6 GTLM, that in theory should be the car with more torque because of displacement and the highest pressure boost, remained to 1240kg.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 14:39 (Ref:3622722)   #46
Deleted
Veteran

Don't forget the Oreca 05 has also been given smaller fuel tank than Onroak.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 14:43 (Ref:3622723)   #47
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Could that be down to the Nissan people declaring a different air/fuel ratio that would deliver them a smaller tank, like the GTLM cars?
Old 14 Mar 2016, 14:51 (Ref:3622725)   #48
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pick 'Em is up http://nasportscar.com/tusc-pick-em/
Old 14 Mar 2016, 14:55 (Ref:3622728)   #49
carbon_titanium
Veteran

don't think fuel tank will be an issue. In WEC, nissan powered lmp2 have an average stint of 45-48 minutes with a 75L fuel tank. During 2014/2015 TUSC rare green flag periods, I never saw DP and lmp2 running more than 50 minutes.
Larger restrictors means more air in the combustion, so more fuel to burn = larger fuel tank required to stay in the same fuel miliage range... that's why bmw/dinan riley using very large restrictors need larger fuel tank.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 20:19 (Ref:3622798)   #50
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hope everyone knows I prefer P2 to DP, but I prefer good racing to any specific chassis style. It is possible the P2s had a buit of an edge at Daytona ... not that I mind after the last two years, but it is possible. After all, the AXR and WTR teams Know their stuff ... they aren't slow and stupid just because their cars are (j/k.)

For me the possibly unrealizable ideal would be that the DPs couldn't just get in front and block the P2s but that the P2s couldn't get by and check out.

Adding weight and power to the DPs apparently helped with the tire heat issue and also with the out-of-corner acceleration; possibly a P2 could outbrake a DP, squeeze by, and not get caught 1/3 of the way to the next corner by the excessive power of the DPs .... but that is such a fine line.

I am not going to whine about it until we see what happens on track.

A lot of DP supporters used to say that if the P2s got the same unfair advantage the DPs used to have, the P2 lovers would be happy. But P2 fans are better than that, aren't they?