Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 28 Apr 2016, 14:09 (Ref:3636911)   #1
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2016 IMSA Round 4: Laguna Seca

[IMG][/IMG]So ... I hear there is an IMSA race pretty soon?

http://www.imsa.com/races/continenta...owered-mazda-3

It seems to be advertised as a double-header:
TELEVISION BROADCAST INFO:
02:00 PM ET (Live) May 1-----------(P/GTLM)

06:30 PM ET (Live) May 1------------(PC/GTD)

12:30 AM ET May 2------taped rerun

Qualifying is 7:30 p.m. ET to 9 p.m. ET .... online only I assume.

Schedule: http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...chedule_v1.pdf

Entry list: http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi..._EntryList.pdf

Sorry to be making a race thread, but practice starts tomorrow. When the pros make one, please delete this one.
Old 29 Apr 2016, 03:27 (Ref:3637022)   #2
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Absolutely zero reason to do split class starts for these races. Have P and GTLM take the green together. Will make for a good picture too. I'll be cheering for somebody other than Corvette and Porsche to win.
Old 29 Apr 2016, 11:30 (Ref:3637079)   #3
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am interested to see how Mazda does here. It is their home track, and the layout should suit a P2 over a DP. After their showing at Long Beach, it is clear the cars, while maybe not up to the standard of the best DPs, are leaps and bounds better with the new motors, and the driver talent is on par with any team.

Love to see MSR do well also ... will that team ever run out of feet to stop shooting?

Otherwise ... Which Action Express car will win? is the only question in prototype.

Also interested to see how the two GTLM Ferraris do. The 488 is obviously a hot car, so I guess it all depends on politics.
Old 29 Apr 2016, 14:02 (Ref:3637108)   #4
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Absolutely zero reason to do split class starts for these races. Have P and GTLM take the green together. Will make for a good picture too. I'll be cheering for somebody other than Corvette and Porsche to win.
I agree, for numbers alone all the cars need to be started together.
Old 29 Apr 2016, 14:06 (Ref:3637111)   #5
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The first practice session begins in less than 2 hours, and after some stormy weather earlier in the week we will have clear sunny skies and cool weather.
Old 29 Apr 2016, 14:45 (Ref:3637121)   #6
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sunny? Hope so..pretty cold, windy and cloudy in the corkscrew this am..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 29 Apr 2016, 16:47 (Ref:3637147)   #7
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Zoom Zoom.....

L.P.
Old 29 Apr 2016, 16:48 (Ref:3637148)   #8
Maelochs
Veteran

Mazda has obviously bribed someone in T&S ...
Old 29 Apr 2016, 16:51 (Ref:3637149)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just in case y'all didn't know, I hope Corvette wins GT.

joe's brand zooming?
Old 29 Apr 2016, 17:40 (Ref:3637168)   #10
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Just in case y'all didn't know, I hope Corvette wins GT.

joe's brand zooming?
With my luck they will be on the front row and take each other out going into Andretti.....
Old 29 Apr 2016, 18:56 (Ref:3637188)   #11
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Early strength from Mazda, Ford, and Ferrari. Who is not looking good: #90 Corvette and the #24 (I mean 100) BMW. That #100 has been the worst performing GTLM car so far this year. Worse than the Fords.
Old 29 Apr 2016, 19:12 (Ref:3637193)   #12
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Hopefully Ford has got it all together and they show the strength of their GT. That thing should be creaming the GT field. I think they're bop is being held back and the newness of the car slows them. Once they get the hang of it that thing should be a rocket. And way to go Mazda. I hope this is the beginning of a return to front running form from years ago.
Old 29 Apr 2016, 21:42 (Ref:3637226)   #13
Maelochs
Veteran

Practice One could have been a fluke, while teams searched for set-ups ... Maybe ... but Mazda is running first and third in Practice Two as well. Finally, Mazda is getting a little RoI.

EDIT: One, Two now.

Mazda maybe slipped IMSA a little green to look good in front of the big brass at the home track? Secret BoP adjustment?

One thing the car (well, the motor) masked in past seasons is that Mazda has some seriously quick drivers.

So ... Mazda finishes 1-2, MSR somehow loses out on making it an all-P2 podium? Where's the "Predict how MSR will fail this time" thread?

To me the best part is that there aren't enough DPs to wreck all the P2s without risking the DWing on the podium ... which I think the France family would do almost Anything to avoid. (If they hate P2, what must they think of the DWing?)

Last edited by Maelochs; 29 Apr 2016 at 21:51.
Old 29 Apr 2016, 22:07 (Ref:3637229)   #14
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well they make separate barometric boost pressure adjustments for every single race nowadays, but I'm not sure if that has any significant effect on things.
http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...0Reference.pdf

Anyway, I want "Predict how Speedsource will fail this time" thread in addition to that MSR one too
Old 29 Apr 2016, 22:08 (Ref:3637230)   #15
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Doubt this is anything underhanded or anything out of the ordinary. They were pretty quick in Long Beach even though that tracks favors DP's. Now at Laguna, they're where p2's downforce can shine.
Old 29 Apr 2016, 22:29 (Ref:3637232)   #16
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Zoom Zoom....

L.P.
Old 30 Apr 2016, 03:47 (Ref:3637268)   #17
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not bitter or anything, but I hope the Porsches take each other out on lap 1. Light damage, nothing serious, but race ending suspension damage or something.

...There's still traces of Nascar in my system it seems.
Old 30 Apr 2016, 12:00 (Ref:3637314)   #18
Maelochs
Veteran

Actually, the #912 could sideline the #911 and keep racing---that'd be fair. Erase the excess points the #911 when Mako whacked the Vette, give everyone a chance to stay in the title race.
Old 30 Apr 2016, 13:43 (Ref:3637332)   #19
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I'm not bitter or anything,
Not at all.

Quote:
but I hope the Porsches take each other out on lap 1. Light damage, nothing serious, but race ending suspension damage or something.
Definitely not bitter.

Quote:
...There's still traces of Nascar in my system it seems.
Admission is the first step to recovery.
Old 30 Apr 2016, 14:32 (Ref:3637337)   #20
Maelochs
Veteran

I believe the pro wrestlers are racing Sunday at Talladega. With any luck the Sprint Cup race will end just before IMSA starts, so you can tune in to NASCAR and get your fill of inter-driver revenge violence, and then watch IMSA with a cleansed soul.

Old 30 Apr 2016, 22:06 (Ref:3637409)   #21
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezPutz View Post
Not at all.

Definitely not bitter.

Admission is the first step to recovery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I believe the pro wrestlers are racing Sunday at Talladega. With any luck the Sprint Cup race will end just before IMSA starts, so you can tune in to NASCAR and get your fill of inter-driver revenge violence, and then watch IMSA with a cleansed soul.

Nope, no bitterness, just blind fanaticism!

To be honest, if it weren't for stock car racing, I never would have found sportscar racing. I can't describe how mad I am at Nascar right now and haven't watched a second this year. Luckily, things are going pretty darn well in IMSA land so I have that to use up my time. We just need a McLaren and Dyson back.
Old 30 Apr 2016, 23:31 (Ref:3637416)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post

I used to care, but I won't even watch highlights of nascar especially a plate race. I can tell you how they end.

So enough bashing other series. Let's bash Porsche cause its fun. I'm looking for radiator damage. Don't they still locate them in the front quarter panel of the beetle? Brilliant!

So GTLM practice times looked like a nice mix up. Natural terrain road course shows some different strengths and weaknesses so far in practice. Q-ing getting ready to roll, if my time is correct.
Old 1 May 2016, 00:44 (Ref:3637419)   #23
Maelochs
Veteran

So ... who picked Ford to do so well in GTLM?
Old 1 May 2016, 00:53 (Ref:3637420)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Certainly surprising me on the weekend for Ford but the q-ing positions are close to where they've been practice. Glad to see them at least have a few good sessions, if nothing else.
Old 1 May 2016, 01:06 (Ref:3637421)   #25
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those Mazda guys pretty much dominated qualifying. Good job.

Man Ford almost won their first pole but lost it at the last moment.

Great session, can't wait for the race.