Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Sep 2017, 21:01 (Ref:3767612)   #1001
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Awesome. Appreciate your efforts to keep us in the loop Lanky!
Old 16 Sep 2017, 22:03 (Ref:3767643)   #1002
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I'll be down that way Tuesday to check things out.
You da' man!

I eagerly anticipate your video(s)!!
Old 18 Sep 2017, 16:14 (Ref:3768330)   #1003
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ESM resign Dalziel to partner Sharp in the #2 Nissan.

http://www.esmracing.com/blog/tequil...-championship/

L.P.
Old 18 Sep 2017, 16:28 (Ref:3768335)   #1004
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ne...s-in-monterey/

Fresh paint for the Hondas, again.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 13:02 (Ref:3769049)   #1005
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
CORE picking an interesting way to illustrate the announcement that they'll be running at least one LMP2-stock Oreca 07 next year.

https://twitter.com/COREautosport/st...51128430092288
Old 21 Sep 2017, 13:20 (Ref:3769053)   #1006
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Porsche DPi confirmed.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 13:30 (Ref:3769055)   #1007
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
CORE picking an interesting way to illustrate the announcement that they'll be running at least one LMP2-stock Oreca 07 next year.

https://twitter.com/COREautosport/st...51128430092288

Yep, guess the cat's out the bag now.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/co...th-oreca-lmp2/

L.P.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 13:31 (Ref:3769056)   #1008
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Will be nice to see Colin Braun in the top class again!
Old 21 Sep 2017, 13:35 (Ref:3769057)   #1009
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/dc...pnaec-program/

DC Racing maybe in the NAEC?

So, for Daytona right now it'll be, if all programs so far come to fruition, we're looking at :

2x AXR
2x JDC
2x Mazda
2x Nissan
2x Acura
2x DC Racing
1x WTR
1x BAR
1x SoD
1x PR1
1x CORE
1x Performance-Tech
1x G-Drive

Nineteen Prototypes.

Last edited by Matt; 21 Sep 2017 at 13:46.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 13:47 (Ref:3769061)   #1010
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DPI -

Team Penske - Acura ARX-05 DPI
Team Penske - Acura ARX-05 DPI
Wayne Taylor Racing - Cadillac DPI-VR
Action Express Racing - Cadillac DPI-VR
Action Express Racing - Cadillac DPI-VR
Extreme Speed Motorsport - Nissan DPI
Extreme Speed Motorsport - Nissan DPI
Team Joest - Mazda RT24P DPI
Team Joest - Mazda RT24P DPI

P2

JDC Miller Motorsports - Oreca 07 Nissan
JDC Miller Motorsports - Oreca 07 Nissan
PR1/Mathieson - Ligier JS P217 Nissan
Visit Florida Racing - TBC (Ligier?)
Core Autosport - Oreca 07 Nissan
Performance Tech - TBC
Starworks- TBC
Starworks - TBC
Dawson D3 Racing - TBC

NAEC Entries

United Autosports - Ligier JS P217 Nissan
DC Racing - Oreca 07 Nissan TBC

Don't forget United Autosports at Daytona and probably Sebring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21 Sep 2017, 13:47 (Ref:3769062)   #1011
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn, that's wild. I honestly couldn't have imagined the IMSA prototype class would ever be that healthy again.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 13:50 (Ref:3769064)   #1012
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/dc...pnaec-program/

DC Racing maybe in the NAEC?

So, for Daytona right now it'll be, if all programs so far come to fruition, we're looking at :

2x AXR
1x WTR
2x JDC
2x Mazda
2x Nissan
1x CORE
1x Performance-Tech
2x Acura
2x DC Racing
1x BAR
1x SoD
1x PR1

Eighteen Prototypes.
Plus United Autosports

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...t-daytona.html

and Rebellion.

L.P.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 14:42 (Ref:3769082)   #1013
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
You can add Racing Team Nederland to the list of likely/possible Daytona/Sebring entries:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ra...g-lmp2-effort/

We could see up to 25 prototypes at Daytona especially!
Old 21 Sep 2017, 15:11 (Ref:3769093)   #1014
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
The one concern if any is the potential for a drop in full season IMSA GTD entries. However because we are talking about a global GT3 platform running in the premier sportscar series on the planet in 2018 (not WEC), I feel there will be cars/teams eagar to fill in the void left by the departing Stevenson and CORE teams from GTD.

GTLM looks to be stable for 2018.

Last edited by MaskedRacer; 21 Sep 2017 at 15:16.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 15:15 (Ref:3769094)   #1015
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Wow the IMSA WeatherTech series is seeing a major boom. We are beyond the ALMS in 2006-2008 in fact.

Other points worth mentioning:

-GTLM could have Aston Martin, AF Corse Ferrari, a 3rd Porsche, and 4 Fords for the Florida races.

-Is there room for euro GTD teams to run now? You have to question this. feel IMSA will somehow pack em in and allow fields as high as 70 cars. Thankfully this won't be a repeat of 2014 since the overall quality will be much higher. And thank goodness the LMPC factor is gone now.

-Full season grid for prototypes approaching 16+ cars. Need to reconsider race formats for smaller tracks during the season perhaps.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 15:21 (Ref:3769095)   #1016
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Laguna could see another split for P and GTLM/GTD
Old 21 Sep 2017, 15:37 (Ref:3769099)   #1017
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post

-Is there room for euro GTD teams to run now? You have to question this. feel IMSA will somehow pack em in and allow fields as high as 70 cars. Thankfully this won't be a repeat of 2014 since the overall quality will be much higher. And thank goodness the LMPC factor is gone now.

-Full season grid for prototypes approaching 16+ cars. Need to reconsider race formats for smaller tracks during the season perhaps.
The first year i went to daytona in 2000 i think there were 85 cars on grid, something ridiculous like that. Seemed fine, but of course attrition rate was sky-high so the course didn't stay as crowded as a modern event would.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 17:30 (Ref:3769118)   #1018
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
The first year i went to daytona in 2000 i think there were 85 cars on grid, something ridiculous like that. Seemed fine, but of course attrition rate was sky-high so the course didn't stay as crowded as a modern event would.
the old entry numbers could be kind of bonkers high, but they seem to limit the entry based on pit space these days. Although I seem to remember Scotty A mentioning something about adding some slots for this year. Looks like there may be nearly 1300 ft of space on the pitlane. How many feet long is a typical stall in IMSA?
Old 21 Sep 2017, 18:56 (Ref:3769125)   #1019
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The 2000 running had 102 entries, 90 practiced, 80 qualified, 79 started and 30 finished per RacingSportsCars:
http://www.racingsportscars.com/race...000-02-06.html

1997 saw similar numbers, but 2001 had 120 entries, with 88 practicing and 80 qualified, 79 started. 2002 had a large entry, but only 76 started.

The numbers dropped to about half entered in 2003 and haven't exceeded 70 (2007) since...

So, looks like they'd cap things at 79 or 80, based on the past, but this was a decade and a half ago...crazy to believe!
Old 21 Sep 2017, 19:03 (Ref:3769127)   #1020
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wouldn't count out DragonSpeed for 2018 either. They made an appearance for this year.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 19:44 (Ref:3769141)   #1021
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
The 2000 running had 102 entries, 90 practiced, 80 qualified, 79 started and 30 finished per RacingSportsCars:
http://www.racingsportscars.com/race...000-02-06.html

1997 saw similar numbers, but 2001 had 120 entries, with 88 practicing and 80 qualified, 79 started. 2002 had a large entry, but only 76 started.

The numbers dropped to about half entered in 2003 and haven't exceeded 70 (2007) since...

So, looks like they'd cap things at 79 or 80, based on the past, but this was a decade and a half ago...crazy to believe!
Fun fact: the pictures up on RSC for that event are mine

A friend of mine was working for G&W at the time so i had pretty solid access, also they really didn't care who was wandering around the garages 99% of the time. Such a great time.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 19:52 (Ref:3769144)   #1022
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
37 Porsches? Have mercy.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 20:23 (Ref:3769146)   #1023
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
Fun fact: the pictures up on RSC for that event are mine

A friend of mine was working for G&W at the time so i had pretty solid access, also they really didn't care who was wandering around the garages 99% of the time. Such a great time.
That's fantastic! I love those fun facts!

I went in 2005 i believe. Probably a little different in access, but i loved it nonetheless.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 21:10 (Ref:3769153)   #1024
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The numbers I recall for current maximums are 68 for Daytona and 64 for Sebring.

And though there were issues at Sebring in 2012 with 63 starters, it should be better this time around just having three classes out there, instead of seven.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 21:12 (Ref:3769154)   #1025
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
37 Porsches? Have mercy.
Almost all of the 996 GT3Rs ended up with engine failure. Some kind of flaw in the casting process left sand in the passages which would work free, kill the WP, and it would grenade big time.

It would be great to see a huge fleet of GT3Rs at Daytona 2018, but with CORE moving to Prototype and TRG being unable to sell rides to rich dudes we'll be down to just Park Place I think?