Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 27 Jun 2017, 15:28 (Ref:3747335)   #151
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Ok lets not accuse Mr. Dagys of being Sportscar's CNN. He is an excellent reporter and I am glad he is around.
Thats_the_joke.gif

(We were told repeatedly last year that a Nissan DPi wasn't happening, regardless of what S365 et al were suggesting)
Old 27 Jun 2017, 15:35 (Ref:3747336)   #152
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Dagys sucks.

The Nissan DPi exists though?
And Grand Am and the ALMS merged
Old 27 Jun 2017, 15:49 (Ref:3747347)   #153
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The good thing is that if Joest and Penske come to DPI added to the Cadillacs, we will finally have a fight for the over all victory.
These teams come to win.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 15:59 (Ref:3747350)   #154
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
All teams come to win.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 16:38 (Ref:3747357)   #155
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Dagys sucks.
Oh my God. I just agreed with Matt.

Oh look, pigs are flying outside.

Old 27 Jun 2017, 16:44 (Ref:3747358)   #156
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Oh my God. I just agreed with Matt.

Oh look, pigs are flying outside.

Is this actually real life?
Old 27 Jun 2017, 16:58 (Ref:3747360)   #157
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
All teams come to win.
No, It is not like this, only the Cadillacs come to win the rest just to compete.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 17:00 (Ref:3747361)   #158
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Old 27 Jun 2017, 17:41 (Ref:3747372)   #159
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
The good thing is that if Joest and Penske come to DPI added to the Cadillacs, we will finally have a fight for the over all victory.
These teams come to win.
The #22 ESM with Derani & JVO should push the Caddys pretty hard from here on out
Old 27 Jun 2017, 18:06 (Ref:3747382)   #160
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Hmm, I guess my reading comprehension is a little rough now?? And that's just the easy to find article, it was also mentioned a few times by MP and on race broadcasts but hey I guess it's a giant conspiracy and they'll be back next year.
Okay, seriously? Drop the attitude already. So I missed something. Big freaking whoop. Nobody can catch everything. I never said or implied it was any kind of conspiracy, I asked for the source because I hadn't heard anything.

No, Acura and Toyota are not the only factories supporting teams in GTD. Ferrari and Porsche do so as well. Come to your own conclusions about why IMSA doesn't do anything about Ferrari and Porsche, I won't make assumptions.

But the simple reality of the matter is that there's only so much IMSA can do. If a factory wants to support a team, they'll find a way - just as Ferrari and Porsche have. Just like GM and Ford did in Conti.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 18:15 (Ref:3747387)   #161
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Ok lets not accuse Mr. Dagys of being Sportscar's CNN. He is an excellent reporter and I am glad he is around.
When he's reporting on general occurrences? Sure. He's rather good at that.

But he is developing an increasingly strong reputation for taking comments about a manufacturer being "interested" and playing it up like a program is in the works. If he were to be believed, every manufacturer in GTLM and GTD is working on a DPi!

Until he comprehends that a manufacturer showing interest/evaluating a program means effectively nothing, he will continue to gain a poor reputation.

BTW, he did it again today: http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/fo...nterest-grows/
Old 27 Jun 2017, 18:25 (Ref:3747390)   #162
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well highlighted.

Quote:
Ford “Keeping an Eye” on DPi as Global Interest Grows
Quote:
“We’ll always keep an eye on it, for if and when it makes sense,” Pericak told Sportscar365. “But right now there’s not a plan to get into it.

“Right now the DPi, for us, is not relevant, and there’s nothing we would want to leverage it for. In the future, if we want to leverage it, then we will.
Whilst technically correct, the headline reads very very differently to the content.

I'm basically self advertising at this point, but watch this space for the coming months for a new sportscar news website.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 18:42 (Ref:3747395)   #163
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Ferrari, Porsche, AMG, and Audi are customer supported programs.

Lexus and Acura are currently de facto factory programs being run through a satellite team.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 18:44 (Ref:3747398)   #164
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Look at how many programs, before SC365 and in the days of Racer Magazine being a monthly print mag (instead of by monthly now and mostly being a web mag now) and DSC's early days, were promised but never saw the light of day. Like the Lexus GT2 sports sedan program, CET Solari RS Spyder, et al.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. All we on the outside looking in can do is gather evidence and see where it takes us.

Just like Porsche leaving LMP1 isn't a done deal yet. But sources, especially within Germany (Motorsport Akutell/Auto Motor und Sport and Motorsport Total) are saying that it's possible, and they do seem to have info that we're obviously not privy to.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 18:55 (Ref:3747400)   #165
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Okay, seriously? Drop the attitude already. So I missed something. Big freaking whoop. Nobody can catch everything. I never said or implied it was any kind of conspiracy, I asked for the source because I hadn't heard anything.

No, Acura and Toyota are not the only factories supporting teams in GTD. Ferrari and Porsche do so as well. Come to your own conclusions about why IMSA doesn't do anything about Ferrari and Porsche, I won't make assumptions.

But the simple reality of the matter is that there's only so much IMSA can do. If a factory wants to support a team, they'll find a way - just as Ferrari and Porsche have. Just like GM and Ford did in Conti.
Because Porsche is NOT paying teams to run the 911 GTD car and Ferrari is NOT paying teams to run the 488 either. Lexus and Acura are footing the bill for both of those teams to race and they have both said that. It's not a conspiracy, it's listening to the words out of the horse's mouth. I take what they (IMSA) say with a grain of salt, and they change their mind quickly, but if either of the Acura or Lexus programs continue as they are now I'd expect the GTD teams to protest or leave. Getting factory shoes to help out a team with true Silver/AM drivers is VERY different than CASH to fund the team.

As for the attitude, it comes from those who pontificate, preach or other denigrate others' comments when they have actually read something. Then claims come in about hidden and mysterious sources that are wrong WAY more often than right. The fact that you preach insider knowledge and then have NOTHING accurate to share is the root of the dismissive tone to my replies to your posts.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 19:02 (Ref:3747402)   #166
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Because Porsche is NOT paying teams to run the 911 GTD car and Ferrari is NOT paying teams to run the 488 either. Lexus and Acura are footing the bill for both of those teams to race and they have both said that. It's not a conspiracy, it's listening to the words out of the horse's mouth. I take what they (IMSA) say with a grain of salt, and they change their mind quickly, but if either of the Acura or Lexus programs continue as they are now I'd expect the GTD teams to protest or leave. Getting factory shoes to help out a team with true Silver/AM drivers is VERY different than CASH to fund the team.

As for the attitude, it comes from those who pontificate, preach or other denigrate others' comments when they have actually read something. Then claims come in about hidden and mysterious sources that are wrong WAY more often than right. The fact that you preach insider knowledge and then have NOTHING accurate to share is the root of the dismissive tone to my replies to your posts.

all of this
Old 27 Jun 2017, 19:05 (Ref:3747403)   #167
Scorchess
Racer

Scorchess has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
There is no Nissan DPi.

The Honda thing is so far a fabrication of Pruett and Dagys's minds. Audi have, just like Ford, repeatedly said they are not interested in DPi. Despite headlines on SC365 suggesting the contrary. Both that website and Racer.com have lost all credibility on this subject.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 19:26 (Ref:3747410)   #168
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Because Porsche is NOT paying teams to run the 911 GTD car and Ferrari is NOT paying teams to run the 488 either.
CORE Autosport and Scuderia Corsa are factory supported teams. No, they are not PAID to run the GTD cars, but they get assistance from the factory on the programs that other customers do not. Factory support does not automatically mean they aren't paying for cars and parts - it comes in many shapes and sizes.

For example, every team running Michelin tires could be called a Michelin factory team simply because Michelin provides the team with a company-paid technician to help them with their tires. Michelin even often refers to teams running their tires as "partners" rather than "customers."

Quote:
I don't "preach" anything. I present information and expect people to take it or leave it as they prefer - that's why I post the overwhelming majority of them as RUMORS. Do I debate as though the sources are accurate? Sure - my goal is to make people think outside their box and debating as though the information is accurate can help to do so(see the posts on the IMSA PFV class rumor for a good recent example - a lot of people didn't get it at first, but after a bit of debate it's potential and potential drawbacks were far more well understood, regardless of one's belief in the rumor). And considering that, contrary to your insistence, they're at least on the right track more often than they're not, that's a fair position to take.

When hard facts are available, I provide them. I expect the same of others - if you have actual information you can link to, it is always better to do so than to cop an attitude. I get a bit of an attitude when people miss the point I'm trying to make with those rumors, sure - I'm not perfect, after all. But I try to make it a point to only do so when someone is flagrantly and deliberately ignoring said point. (I treat like unto like - if you disrespect me by deliberately ignoring a point, you get no respect in return)
Old 27 Jun 2017, 19:38 (Ref:3747414)   #169
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorchess View Post
There is no Nissan DPi.

The Honda thing is so far a fabrication of Pruett and Dagys's minds. Audi have, just like Ford, repeatedly said they are not interested in DPi. Despite headlines on SC365 suggesting the contrary. Both that website and Racer.com have lost all credibility on this subject.

I can't speak to Dagys as I haven't read that in a while, but Pruett and Goodwin report rumors. What you do with that information is up to you. It's certainly better than the days when everyone refreshed mariantic 10 times a day to get the same rumors.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 19:41 (Ref:3747415)   #170
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
The Honda thing is so far a fabrication of Pruett and Dagys's minds.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:00 (Ref:3747421)   #171
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
The Honda thing is so far a fabrication of Pruett and Dagys's minds.
....No. While I have my doubts it'll be Penske(nowhere near strong enough to say it ain't happening, though), Honda is effectively a lock. We just don't know WHEN. Honda has serious interest in Prototype racing, this is very well known, and it's been just as much a shock that they don't have a DPi already as it was when Nissan came in out of the left field.

But the fact that the Honda DPi talk keeps revolving around Penske says a lot about why they're not in yet - they want to partner with a good organization, rather than something like Speedsource(whom I do feel get some undue criticism but are definitely not a prototype-level organization).
Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:05 (Ref:3747429)   #172
Scorchess
Racer

Show me a confirmation from HPD themselves.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:30 (Ref:3747440)   #173
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not being confirmed by HPD doesn't mean it's a fabrication. That remains to be seen.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:38 (Ref:3747443)   #174
Scorchess
Racer

Then don't say 'it's a lock'.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:41 (Ref:3747446)   #175
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Saying it's a lock is just as incorrect as saying it's a fabrication...