Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 May 2001, 23:53 (Ref:88149)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Note to Tony

Tony Cochrane is today having another rant in the papers about the lack of Federal Government funding for Bathurst.

This is just a little note to Tony: Remember you are now one of the richest businessmen in the land. If this is causing you so much heartache, why don't you spend a little of your hard earned cash on it, and give back to the sport that has given so much to you.

On a personal level, I couldn't give a stuff if the surrounds of the race track at Bathurst were swamp. When I go to Bathurst, I go to see one of the greatest Touring Car races in the world, on one of the best circuits in the world. Period.

What do you think??
Old 3 May 2001, 01:58 (Ref:88181)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
umm I dont want to sit in swampland Crash Test..but i do agree that tony should put some money up and hopefully get the government to match it or something.

whatever happened to this luxury hotel they were gonna build at the end of conrod ??

the goverment dont car about little things like this so it is up to CAMS, AVESCO and joe Punter to find a way to get things right up at "The Mount"

there are several things that are not up to a very good standard but the Bathurst council are doing a very good job in trying to keep things together up there and should be congatulated on their efforts.
Old 3 May 2001, 12:22 (Ref:88301)   #3
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Um...Bathurst was a swamp last year.

But really, I don't mind what the surrounds are like but many spectators do.
Old 6 May 2001, 02:37 (Ref:89536)   #4
nz_tourer
Rookie

nz_tourer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bathurst wrecked my new Nike's last year! It is a classey curcuit and a classy event, and deserves classey facilities.