Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 29 Apr 2015, 15:00 (Ref:3531820)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bye Bye Go Daddy...

Story Here

Wow! I guess the marketing has achieved wear out with the SHR program

Wonder who might replace them next season?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 Apr 2015, 16:20 (Ref:3531843)   #2
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pretty obvious. She's continually failed to get any sort of respectable results.... She's been through a ton of sponsors... why anyone continues to support her, and her crap-tastic ability to hustle top-tier equipment is beyond me.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 29 Apr 2015, 20:09 (Ref:3531939)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To harken back to DanicaFan days, can we merge this with something that might actually matter?
Old 30 Apr 2015, 00:37 (Ref:3532013)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The real problem here is the loss of such an exceptional budget to SHR.

Will they cut Ms Patrick loose do she can go race F1 for Mr Haas?
Old 30 Apr 2015, 03:06 (Ref:3532037)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The real problem here is the loss of such an exceptional budget to SHR.
Perhaps, but if cards are played correctly, there should be a couple of sponsors waiting in the wings.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 09:08 (Ref:3532096)   #6
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Perhaps, but if cards are played correctly, there should be a couple of sponsors waiting in the wings.
In this day and time, 9 years is an exceptionally long time for a sponsor to stay with one team/driver. It isn't like the old days, when a sponsor might stay for the entire career of a driver or the life span of a team. I doubt she will have much trouble finding another sponsor.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 10:57 (Ref:3532127)   #7
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'm sure she'll get another sponsor. She's the type of driver exempt from performance expectations.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 11:50 (Ref:3532160)   #8
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I keep hearing Go Daddy wants to market more globally.
Anybody know of possibly a new team on the global stage?
Just a hunch.
Old 1 May 2015, 12:46 (Ref:3532515)   #9
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Aaron's is gone after this season as well. That's actual news that you heard here first.
Old 1 May 2015, 13:54 (Ref:3532535)   #10
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Aaron's is gone after this season as well. That's actual news that you heard here first.
I thought I read in the presser announcing Reagan that were signed through '16?
Old 2 May 2015, 05:20 (Ref:3532810)   #11
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I thought I read in the presser announcing Reagan that were signed through '16?
They may honor the contract through '16; I honestly spoke out of turn there and I probably shouldn't say more, BUT they have new management that may not see the value in Nascar. They may have discovered that the vast majority of their customers do not follow Nascar. Maybe they don't watch at all. Ever. Allegedly.
Old 2 May 2015, 10:06 (Ref:3532877)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
They may honor the contract through '16; I honestly spoke out of turn there and I probably shouldn't say more, BUT they have new management that may not see the value in Nascar. They may have discovered that the vast majority of their customers do not follow Nascar. Maybe they don't watch at all. Ever. Allegedly.
To be honest, I am surprised they are still there now. After the manipulation of results by MWR a few years ago, it would be difficult for a major brand not to use the 'morals clause' to exit the arrangement...
Old 14 May 2015, 11:47 (Ref:3537374)   #13
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure Ms Patricks results are all that much of an influence here - the article suggests GoDaddy are quitting Nascar completely (at least as a title sponsor) so this is probably more to do with not seeing the value in their logo pounding around half-empty venues.
Danica is pretty much guaranteed air-time as long as DW is still around (really don't know why he just doesn't propose and be done with it!) so I'm sure SHR will find another sponsor without too much trouble.
Old 15 May 2015, 04:04 (Ref:3537576)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
I'm not sure Ms Patricks results are all that much of an influence here - the article suggests GoDaddy are quitting Nascar completely (at least as a title sponsor) so this is probably more to do with not seeing the value in their logo pounding around half-empty venues.
Danica is pretty much guaranteed air-time as long as DW is still around (really don't know why he just doesn't propose and be done with it!) so I'm sure SHR will find another sponsor without too much trouble.
All brands and marketing properties have wearout.. the marketing mix sometimes needs to be rebalanced into other areas in order to rejuvenate the intensity.

In this case, everyone already seems to know that Ms Patrick is a 'Go Daddy Girl' so keeping the level of investment at its current level is not likely to reach a new audience.

Its also not likely that the number of fans in the stands makes a difference here... especially since mums and dads and kids arent usually the purchasers of domain names...
Old 15 May 2015, 10:41 (Ref:3537655)   #15
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
A bikini clad woman, who then goes racin' is an appeal that will never fade with a certain sizable number of people. So she'll get her new sponsor.

It's just that GoDaddy has hired someone smart and figured out that featuring Danica in a commercial with a fast car has all the desired effect but without having to sink huge amounts of cash to fund an actual racing car for 36 weekends.

She doesn't really belong in NASCAR. She doesn't fit there like many of the wave of recent "graduates" from Indycar. It's a rare bred that can do the two. Kurt Busch and Tony Stewart are of that type. Sam Hornish and Danica Patrick, on the otherhand, barely hang on by the skin of their teeth.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 21:34 (Ref:3553723)   #16
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just saw on tv one of the Nascar news shows.
One of the hosts said he talked with one of the
SHR management folks and was told basically
that Danica wont be back unless she has a sponsor.
They are hoping one will be found by the end of the summer.
Old 25 Jun 2015, 00:55 (Ref:3553763)   #17
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Just saw on tv one of the Nascar news shows.
One of the hosts said he talked with one of the
SHR management folks and was told basically
that Danica wont be back unless she has a sponsor.
They are hoping one will be found by the end of the summer.
I don't think that will be a problem. While her list of sponsors isn't as long as it used to be, someone will step up.
Old 17 Aug 2015, 21:42 (Ref:3566544)   #18
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
So there's apparently a big news conference for the Princess tomorrow....
Old 17 Aug 2015, 23:16 (Ref:3566555)   #19
canamman
Veteran

United States
Yes.... which means she will be back with SHR in 2016.

Talking heads on the Nascar news show Racehub guesses:
Pampered Chef
A dog food company
LuLu Lemon clothing

My guess is its in computer software or an internet player.

Press conference 11 a.m. EST
Old 18 Aug 2015, 22:12 (Ref:3566808)   #20
canamman
Veteran

United States
Natures Bakery ! Congrats and welcome.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commen...ry-sponsorship
Old 25 Aug 2015, 02:25 (Ref:3568473)   #21
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Natures Bakery ! Congrats and welcome.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commen...ry-sponsorship
Nature's What? Never heard of them. Apparently they have the fig bar market cornered. I didn't know that was such a hot enterprise.
Old 25 Aug 2015, 05:24 (Ref:3568511)   #22
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they are the only manufacturer, however small, then they have the market cornered