Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 24 Jun 2018, 21:39 (Ref:3832950)   #101
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just heard Mike Joy, Darrell Waltrip and Jeff Gordon talk about the World Cup. If you're hearing something odd, it's hell freezing over
Old 24 Jun 2018, 22:22 (Ref:3832951)   #102
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I just heard Mike Joy, Darrell Waltrip and Jeff Gordon talk about the World Cup. If you're hearing something odd, it's hell freezing over
It's this new sporting event so they have to promote it to make sure it takes off. It will be a struggle but think it might survive
Old 25 Jun 2018, 18:41 (Ref:3833085)   #103
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Pretty close. Boris won a race at the Circuit Giles Villeneuve in Montreal but it wasn't by a country mile. It may have been a runaway for him until a late caution. Thought he won more than 1 Busch race but nope!

https://youtu.be/FqYRg37xAPA

Max Papis, Robby Gordon, Jacques Villeneuve, Colin Braun, Ron Fellows Patrick Carpentier, Marcos Ambrose, Tony Ave....field was stacked with road racers and what a finish!!

Zaxbys car!!!
Montreal! Not even remotely Mexico...

Thanks for the link and refreshing my memory, much appreciated
Old 25 Jun 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3833088)   #104
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Montreal! Not even remotely Mexico...

Thanks for the link and refreshing my memory, much appreciated
Montreal is more Mexico than Talladega...
Old 26 Jun 2018, 20:54 (Ref:3833244)   #105
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:

https://youtu.be/FqYRg37xAPA

Max Papis, Robby Gordon, Jacques Villeneuve, Colin Braun, Ron Fellows Patrick Carpentier, Marcos Ambrose, Tony Ave....field was stacked with road racers and what a finish!!

Zaxbys car!!!

Man I miss those old chassis and bodies.
Old 28 Jun 2018, 18:02 (Ref:3833484)   #106
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Me too. Of all the cars in NASCAR I've watched race they are from the era which has the body styling I like the most. Sitting on my coffee table are a Dale Jr Bud and Mikey Waltrip NAPA car from 2003. Elegant styling in my opinion and very attractive paint schemes.
Old 3 Jul 2018, 18:22 (Ref:3834464)   #107
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
My viewing of Chicagoland has sadly been restricted to the 15 minute race rewind video on YouTube as the channel I've been catching highlights on in the UK seems to have dropped NASCAR: no Sonoma and now no Chicagoland 😕

The Cup race finish had me on the edge of my seat. Very close, too close on track for my ticker perhaps but genuinely exciting. Like how I remember it! More please!
Old 3 Jul 2018, 23:51 (Ref:3834497)   #108
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
My viewing of Chicagoland has sadly been restricted to the 15 minute race rewind video on YouTube as the channel I've been catching highlights on in the UK seems to have dropped NASCAR: no Sonoma and now no Chicagoland

The Cup race finish had me on the edge of my seat. Very close, too close on track for my ticker perhaps but genuinely exciting. Like how I remember it! More please!
Yeah but what K Busch did needs to be removed from the sport. Larson was racing hard and shat happens. Busch just flat out went after Larson and holds the win with a dirty move. Time this nonsense gets dealt with. Hard racing and a little bump? Fine. Trying to wreck someone and getting the win? Chicken shyte.
Old 4 Jul 2018, 00:27 (Ref:3834501)   #109
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
R.Lee,this may be one of 2 races I watch this year but the stages kill the strategy on the courses for me.

*I'm still okay with this kind of stuff...3 wheeling, banging off curbs and slinging a 3400 pound stockcar slideways out of each corner...

Good luck on the hands free deal. My cars are old so I'm going with earbuds.
I just came to post that I just learned this week that Mark Martin's wife name is Arlene. That makes me really happy.
Old 4 Jul 2018, 00:35 (Ref:3834505)   #110
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I just came to post that I just learned this week that Mark Martin's wife name is Arlene. That makes me really happy.
That's beautiful in so many ways!!!
Old 4 Jul 2018, 19:31 (Ref:3834692)   #111
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Yeah but what K Busch did needs to be removed from the sport. Larson was racing hard and shat happens. Busch just flat out went after Larson and holds the win with a dirty move. Time this nonsense gets dealt with. Hard racing and a little bump? Fine. Trying to wreck someone and getting the win? Chicken shyte.
Yes I agree. Having watched that several times now it was plain dirty; up there with that move Dillon made on Amirola at Daytona.

Kyle Larson gave a very diplomatic and professional interview. Another driver who is clearly a really nice guy: I hope he gets a victory soon and has a good run in for the Championship.
Old 9 Jul 2018, 01:38 (Ref:3835585)   #112
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 9 Jul 2018, 03:49 (Ref:3835600)   #113
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Caption contest, right?

"Damn, Dale! There were how many wrecked cars at Daytona last night?!"
Old 17 Jul 2018, 17:37 (Ref:3837153)   #114
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
So nascar is live streaming the testing currently taking place at the Charlotte Roval on youtube. It is scheduled from 1-5 pm EST so there is a lot of opportunity here to catch it.

As soon as I clicked on to this I was wholly unsurprised to see someone had already stuffed it into the tires into T1, lol.

Enjoy below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kplKcszRZgM

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 17 Jul 2018 at 17:52.
Old 18 Jul 2018, 14:41 (Ref:3837333)   #115
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Yeah, seen a few bent cars. The headfirst into the tyres seemed an odd one, possible brake issue?

Watched "highlights" of the Kentucky Cup race yesterday; unless I dosed off then nothing happened of interest.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 02:09 (Ref:3838407)   #116
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
So nascar is live streaming the testing currently taking place at the Charlotte Roval on youtube. It is scheduled from 1-5 pm EST so there is a lot of opportunity here to catch it.

As soon as I clicked on to this I was wholly unsurprised to see someone had already stuffed it into the tires into T1, lol.

Enjoy below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kplKcszRZgM
Can't decide if Curtis Turner is rolling over in his grave or not...

Get rid of the backstretch chicane and you'll have something half way interesting going through 3/4 and into the frontstretch chicane.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 00:30 (Ref:3840244)   #117
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Remove the infield, and just leave two or three chicanes.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 21:22 (Ref:3841723)   #118
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
CHASE!!!!!! Ringing the siren in Dawsonville tonight!!
Old 6 Aug 2018, 06:06 (Ref:3841767)   #119
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic drive by Chase, great to finally see him take that first win - hopefully the first of many!

Good race overall.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 17:27 (Ref:3841888)   #120
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
whelp. He still knows how to party.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/st...lled-substance
Old 6 Aug 2018, 18:23 (Ref:3841903)   #121
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
They've got every reason to force him to resign now. NASCAR may be a family business but Brian doesn't hold a good hand of cards now. He's made several dumb decisions with the sport and the sanctioning body, pushed though too much change too fast and alienated fans, and now this just all but confirms all the joke and ridicule about him being a drunkard and a druggie. He doesn't even have a significant ownership stake in NASCAR--his uncle Jim and sister Leeza have tons more ownership stake than Brian has.

I'd have to say that if he's found guilty/pleads guilty, he's done.

It'd be short sighted to place all of NASCAR's problems in Brian's lap, but he certainly hasn't helped matters and him getting busted certainly doesn't do his credibility any good.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 21:00 (Ref:3841942)   #122
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The smart and sensible thing would be for him to step down. If he makes it his own decision he'd even get some cred for doing the right thing.

Then again...
Quote:
And sources tell us ... during the process, France was name-dropping all of the powerful people he knew and even mentioned his relationship with President Donald Trump.
http://www.tmz.com/2018/08/06/brian-...-arrested-dui/

I'm not so sure doing the smart thing will be even considered.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 21:21 (Ref:3841948)   #123
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Well, if what I read is true - and I'm not one of those idiots who believes Police Officers are the bad guys - then he has to go, simple as.

If he doesn't then that would associate NASCAR with an image of it being fine to drug/ drink drive, which of course it isn't.

Let's hope he does the decent thing and resigns; I'm sure there'd be forgiveness to an admission of making a bad mistake; heck we all make mistakes.

Who would likely run the show going forward - any ideas?
Old 7 Aug 2018, 01:52 (Ref:3841977)   #124
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Jim France of IMSA fame--and Brian's uncle--is interim head of NASCAR for the immediate future. Brian has all but stepped down by taking and indefinite leave of absence.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 11:03 (Ref:3842049)   #125
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Not managed to see any of Watkins Glen - yet - but glad to see young Chase break his 0fer. First of many many victories to come I'm sure.

My misty memory thinks this is the first time for a while a Chevy has gotten to victory lane; glad to see the Hendrick cars getting that bit better as the season progresses.