Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 10 Aug 2014, 05:16 (Ref:3442923)   #1
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony in trouble

Tony Stewart may be in big trouble if tonights rumors about him running a driver over at a sprint car race are true.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 05:25 (Ref:3442925)   #2
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Event got cancelled. Everyone was told to leave. Police, ambulance, and helicopter are at the track. There are rumours that the driver has past away but nothing confirmed yet. This is really scary.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 07:08 (Ref:3442935)   #3
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New reports coming in, but nothing other than what was posted here:

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...stewart-081014
Old 10 Aug 2014, 07:30 (Ref:3442939)   #4
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not going to post it here, but there is a video circling around now that shows the incident. Hopefully, Kevin Ward will be okay.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 07:56 (Ref:3442945)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Big story!

Difficult to judge.

I assume Stewart tried to "scare" him.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 08:34 (Ref:3442949)   #6
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Unfortunately, Kevin Ward Jr. was killed in this incident.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...park/13855401/
Old 10 Aug 2014, 08:55 (Ref:3442956)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Old 10 Aug 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3442960)   #8
Nick Woodbury
Racer

United States
Massachusetts, USA
Nick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now matter how any fanboy tries to spin the blame to either party, this is undoubtedly and without question the end of Stewarts career as a racing driver. It matters not whether or not he "tried to scare him", you watched the video, you heard him step on the throttle as he approached Ward and subsequently swiped him under the tire as clear as day, that was 100% an avoidable incident. Simply drive around the man Tony...MAKE AN EFFORT.

Don't get me wrong, Ward was a complete fool for getting out of his car and willingly putting himself in harms way, and sadly he paid the ultimate price for his actions. However, that does not change the fact that a multi-million dollar professional race-team owner and race car driver struck and killed a 20 year old sprint racer, setting a fantastic example for his millions of fans and NASCAR as an organization.

And to think, when I actually watched NASCAR, I idolized Tony and I was a massive fan of his. What a shame.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 10:31 (Ref:3442974)   #9
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Now matter how any fanboy tries to spin the blame to either party, this is undoubtedly and without question the end of Stewarts career as a racing driver. It matters not whether or not he "tried to scare him", you watched the video, you heard him step on the throttle as he approached Ward and subsequently swiped him under the tire as clear as day, that was 100% an avoidable incident. Simply drive around the man Tony...MAKE AN EFFORT.

Don't get me wrong, Ward was a complete fool for getting out of his car and willingly putting himself in harms way, and sadly he paid the ultimate price for his actions. However, that does not change the fact that a multi-million dollar professional race-team owner and race car driver struck and killed a 20 year old sprint racer, setting a fantastic example for his millions of fans and NASCAR as an organization.

And to think, when I actually watched NASCAR, I idolized Tony and I was a massive fan of his. What a shame.
Given Stewart's history of temper tantrums, coupled with the fact that he just been involved in an on track altercation with Ward and then runs over and kills him, Stewart's infamous temper may have finally gotten the best of him! This could go VERY bad for him! I agree, it could very well end his career! Haas could very well need another partner.

I wonder who will drive the 14 car today or if it will be pulled from the line-up? I've ALWAYS said that Stewart's temper would. one day, get him into BIG trouble. That might have just happened!
Old 10 Aug 2014, 11:24 (Ref:3442980)   #10
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't follow Nascar (or sprint cars) but this is one of the weirdest incidents I've ever heard of. Clearly running onto the track, under caution or not, is an amazingly stupid thing to do, but from what I'm hearing some say that Stewart accelerated into him? I'm really finding it hard to believe that anyone would do that. If he did then could that be jail time?

Anyway, horrible waste of life whatever happened.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 11:49 (Ref:3442984)   #11
expaddockrunner
Racer

United Kingdom
coventry
expaddockrunner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony in trouble

http://m.crash.net/nascar/news/20752...-fatality.html
Old 10 Aug 2014, 11:53 (Ref:3442987)   #12
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched the video, interesting for the investigators.

We had a similar incident years ago, in V8SC's. Two drivers made contact,
Driver spun out, waited for other driver to come around, walked to edge of track, driver in car on track swerved towards driver off track. very stupid thing by both parties

Looks like the same only contact was made, and a driver is dead.

One he should have waited and not walked onto a hot track

Two the was no need for tony to accelerate as it was under caution flag.

This will be interesting investigation.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 12:30 (Ref:3442993)   #13
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They both screwed up. Kevin Ward Jr. shouldn't have gone down as far as he did and Tony Stewart shouldn't have drifted up to send a message/scare him.

Something like this has been brewing for years now, especially on the smaller tracks. We've seen angry drivers being dragged, drivers jumping onto moving cars and so on. It was just a matter of time before someone got hurt really bad and now it finally happened.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 12:56 (Ref:3443005)   #14
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony Stewart, WTF... There is no way his career can go on, under yellow & he does that - pathetic & sad!
RIP Kevin Ward Jnr...
Old 10 Aug 2014, 12:58 (Ref:3443007)   #15
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A polite warning from the mods:

DO NOT POST A VIDEO OF THE INCIDENT.

Please read the relevant section of the FAQ, here: http://tentenths.com/forum/faq.php?f..._rules_content