Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Will you be attending the International Sports Car Weekend at COTA?
Yes 21 31.34%
No 45 67.16%
Maybe so 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Sep 2013, 13:55 (Ref:3305764)   #101
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Im really disappointed to see no ALMS teams have a go at this ...... its sad really .

Maybe they should remove the race from North America next year due to lack of interest . Some country what would support it , would be more deserving .
Not sure if teams would really be up for that much running in a weekend with the ALMS race on saturday plus the qualifying sessions.

There are American drivers who hitched a ride in the Greaves car though. That is something.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 14:22 (Ref:3305773)   #102
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually, Dyson sent out some news about being in both races ... renting a car fro the ALMS race and driving in the WEC race in Greaves' P2.

"It will be a full weekend for the Dyson Racing group with participation in both the American Le Mans Series race and the FIA World Endurance Championship race this weekend at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas.

"Tony Burgess and Chris McMurry return to the #16 Dyson Racing Lola Mazda for the ALMS race Saturday afternoon and Chris Dyson rejoins Greaves Motorsport in their #41 P2 entry for the 6 Hour FIA World Endurance Championship race on Sunday."

But seriously ... kill the only WEC round in North America (no, it's not an important market) because no teams from the regional series are willing to do a second race, a six-hour race, with no sponsorship, for no points, the day after a paid, points-earning race?

Yeah .... Okay.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3305792)   #103
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
So is there no separate ALMS thread for this race?
Edit: joeb just posted one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Actually, Dyson sent out some news about being in both races ... renting a car fro the ALMS race and driving in the WEC race in Greaves' P2.

"It will be a full weekend for the Dyson Racing group with participation in both the American Le Mans Series race and the FIA World Endurance Championship race this weekend at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas.

"Tony Burgess and Chris McMurry return to the #16 Dyson Racing Lola Mazda for the ALMS race Saturday afternoon and Chris Dyson rejoins Greaves Motorsport in their #41 P2 entry for the 6 Hour FIA World Endurance Championship race on Sunday."

But seriously ... kill the only WEC round in North America (no, it's not an important market) because no teams from the regional series are willing to do a second race, a six-hour race, with no sponsorship, for no points, the day after a paid, points-earning race?

Yeah .... Okay.
What's the point of putting your machinery and drivers at risk in another race when there are no benefits to reap in the first place? Sorry, teams just don't think like that. In the high-expense world of endurance sports car racing, money comes before fun and you have to be wise about where you place that money. Or you may not be able to get a spot the next season if you're a spendthrift this year.

My two cents... I personally would have loved to see a combined race. Of course, you've got those petty little issues like assigned numbers and qualifying structure and whatnot.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 16:13 (Ref:3305796)   #104
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Edit: joeb just posted one.

What's the point of putting your machinery and drivers at risk in another race when there are no benefits to reap in the first place? Sorry, teams just don't think like that. In the high-expense world of endurance sports car racing, money comes before fun and you have to be wise about where you place that money. Or you may not be able to get a spot the next season if you're a spendthrift this year.

My two cents... I personally would have loved to see a combined race. Of course, you've got those petty little issues like assigned numbers and qualifying structure and whatnot.
The sponsorship contracts probably dictate that Dyson has to run the cars to get the money. If they run the sponsors all the way to the end of the year it's more likely that the sponsors will stay for next year.

As for the combined race, last year's Sebring showed that that theory is too messy to implement in real life. Besides, we get more track time when they are separate than combined!
Old 18 Sep 2013, 16:20 (Ref:3305801)   #105
StarkNaked
Rookie

United States
West Seattle, WA USA
StarkNaked should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
Fox continues their brilliance

Fox Sports 1 have confirmed they will be broadcasting the 52 minutes highlights programme of the race in Texas, which will be shown at a later date."
So I wasn't going crazy after all when I was searching for the TV coverage. That was a letdown that it will not be shown live.

The link that Beetle posted on page one shows October 20 as the date for the highlights show.

For those of you that are going, Have fun!!!! Cheers!
Old 18 Sep 2013, 18:52 (Ref:3305854)   #106
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least you can combine the WEC and ALMS Qualifying times. If you want to take it even further combine the Grand Am COTA results back in the spring too.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3305855)   #107
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
The Ten-Tenths Supported Spotter Guide for CoTA has now been released with ALMS and WEC Guides available individually or as a combined PDF.

The WEC guide will receive a small update on Wednesday once an Embargo has ended.

Download the guides on the ALMS and WEC Pages of www.spotterguides.com

* NOTE= The ALMS and WEC guides are different sizes as Europe uses ISO size paper and North America uses a different system, the PDF has been sized for North America proportions
Guides updated with the new livery for the #99 Aston Martin Racing of Bruno Senna and Frédéric Makowiecki - Thanks to AMR for their help with reference - Also updates to ALMS guide with the Starworks entry corrected.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3305873)   #108
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Eh? No ELMS teams raced in the WEC race on the Sunday, should they not go to the UK either?

All the ALMS teams are racing on their budget limit already, why would they enter a 6 hour race with absolutely no benefit for them and risk their own championship effort?

Lack of interest? Plenty of American drivers and a couple of teams racing in the series.

I don't understand your point at all, maybe I've misunderstood.
This is slightly different and my own wishful thinking, but if there is one team I would pick to skip the ALMS race and instead do the WEC race, it would be Muscle Milk. They have already won the ALMS championship, and I would like to see them mix it up with Rebellion for 6 hours. It would be a good warmup for Petit Le Mans.

I doubt it would be worthwhile for any team to do BOTH races though.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 20:43 (Ref:3305879)   #109
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Im really disappointed to see no ALMS teams have a go at this ...... its sad really .

Maybe they should remove the race from North America next year due to lack of interest . Some country what would support it , would be more deserving .
If the WEC hadn't skipped the classic 12-hour race at Sebring this year to schedule a separate WEC race at COTA, the entry list would be much stronger for the North American round.

As it is now, the ALMS teams have their own separate race at COTA this weekend to be more concerned about.

I'm not sure what you expected.

Andy Flinn

Last edited by ACFlinn; 18 Sep 2013 at 20:57.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3305898)   #110
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
I'm really excited to see how the Muscle Milk P1 car does in times compared to the Rebellion cars, and even the Toyota and Audi's. Hopefully somebody here on the forum can eventually take all the qualifying times from Grand-Am, ALMS, and WEC and put them in one list.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 22:34 (Ref:3305924)   #111
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Looks like the weather may be clearing up...

Thursday - High of 90, low of 77, 50% chance of rain, cloudy
Friday - High of 88, low of 73, 60% chance of rain, cloudy
Saturday - High of 84, low of 64, 0% chance of rain, partly cloudy
Sunday - High of 86, low of 64, 0% chance of rain, full sun

Sounds pretty good to me... and a cold front seems to be blowing through.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 23:55 (Ref:3305944)   #112
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
I'm really excited to see how the Muscle Milk P1 car does in times compared to the Rebellion cars, and even the Toyota and Audi's. Hopefully somebody here on the forum can eventually take all the qualifying times from Grand-Am, ALMS, and WEC and put them in one list.
Hello, glad to be of service...

And if I'm not mistaken, it'll probably be discussed in far too great of detail over in the USCC thread.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 03:21 (Ref:3305981)   #113
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFlinn View Post
If the WEC hadn't skipped the classic 12-hour race at Sebring this year to schedule a separate WEC race at COTA, the entry list would be much stronger for the North American round.

As it is now, the ALMS teams have their own separate race at COTA this weekend to be more concerned about.

Andy Flinn
They said there would not be a combined race with ALMS. Thats why there is no Sebring.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 05:39 (Ref:3306016)   #114
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFlinn View Post

Andy Flinn
I wasn't aware the ALMS had a race on this weekend ..... that puts a whole different angle on it .
Old 19 Sep 2013, 05:40 (Ref:3306017)   #115
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
They said there would not be a combined race with ALMS. Thats why there is no Sebring.
That was a silly move , imo .
Old 19 Sep 2013, 08:08 (Ref:3306045)   #116
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That was a silly move , imo .
I think there was more to it than my short explanation. Some fishy stuff behind the scenes with both series'.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 16:23 (Ref:3306258)   #117
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Looks so much better than the boring Gulf livery.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 16:32 (Ref:3306262)   #118
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Looks like the weather may be clearing up...

Thursday - High of 90, low of 77, 50% chance of rain, cloudy
Friday - High of 88, low of 73, 60% chance of rain, cloudy
Saturday - High of 84, low of 64, 0% chance of rain, partly cloudy
Sunday - High of 86, low of 64, 0% chance of rain, full sun

Sounds pretty good to me... and a cold front seems to be blowing through.
I was hoping for rain on Saturday.

ALMS qualifying could be interesting though.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 16:33 (Ref:3306263)   #119
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3.14 View Post

Looks so much better than the boring Gulf livery.
Wow! looks fantastic.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 16:34 (Ref:3306266)   #120
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I wasn't aware the ALMS had a race on this weekend ..... that puts a whole different angle on it .
There's a WEC race this weekend?

Old 19 Sep 2013, 16:50 (Ref:3306274)   #121
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
E-I has provided a partial listing of the lap times of today's collective test:
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-20760.html
Old 19 Sep 2013, 16:53 (Ref:3306276)   #122
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
E-I has provided a partial listing of the lap times of today's collective test:
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-20760.html
Why not go to http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/ and get the full list?
Old 19 Sep 2013, 17:01 (Ref:3306278)   #123
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaro Zukovsky View Post
Why not go to http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/ and get the full list?
Thanks. Did not realize that the times would be listed there
Old 19 Sep 2013, 17:38 (Ref:3306295)   #124
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Top DP did 2:00.179 in qualifying earlier this year, with top LMP2 car doing a 1:57.030, and GTE Aston doing a 2:04.727
Old 19 Sep 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3306296)   #125
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Top DP did 2:00.179 in qualifying earlier this year, with top LMP2 car doing a 1:57.030, and GTE Aston doing a 2:04.727
Under colder conditions though.