Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 3 Aug 2012, 17:06 (Ref:3115699)   #1
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2012 Honda Indy 200 - Mid-Ohio

Changes to Push-to-pass.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101684
Old 3 Aug 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3115739)   #2
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I like this idea. Formula 1 should adopt push-to-pass. Easier and simpler system, and more effective, too.
Old 4 Aug 2012, 14:54 (Ref:3115989)   #3
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
IMS Radio's Mike King is on air, doesn't notice
Old 4 Aug 2012, 15:43 (Ref:3115994)   #4
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Bourdais and Power notch 1:05.9's in the second preliminary group in qualifying.
Old 4 Aug 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3116090)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Power gets pole but Helio gets a 10 place grid penalty; seems rather harsh.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101723
Old 4 Aug 2012, 20:16 (Ref:3116109)   #6
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Maybe so, but then again, the penalty for an unapproved engine change in NASCAR is to go all the way to the back of the field.

Seems odd that the less severe penalty in one series causes more ire than the more severe penalty in the other.
Old 4 Aug 2012, 20:22 (Ref:3116113)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Maybe so, but then again, the penalty for an unapproved engine change in NASCAR is to go all the way to the back of the field.

Seems odd that the less severe penalty in one series causes more ire than the more severe penalty in the other.
I don't follow NASCAR and so I'm not familiar with the rules. All the way to the back is very harsh. What happens if more than one team has an unapproved engine change? Both cars can't occupy the same place on the grid.
Old 4 Aug 2012, 20:29 (Ref:3116116)   #8
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
I guess it's first-come-first served, so maybe you want to be the first one assessed the penalty. Honestly, I'm not sure, and I haven't watched most of the stuff since the series went off FOX after Dover.
Old 4 Aug 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3116129)   #9
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Loving the new Indycar sound, makes me look forward to the 2014 F1 engine regs, the cars look and sound a lot like F1 cars of the 80's, even in practice overtaking looks a lot easier at Mid Ohio than in years past.
Old 4 Aug 2012, 21:55 (Ref:3116136)   #10
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Loving the new Indycar sound, makes me look forward to the 2014 F1 engine regs, the cars look and sound a lot like F1 cars of the 80's, even in practice overtaking looks a lot easier at Mid Ohio than in years past.
The engines do sound good but the cars look nothing like '80s F1 cars.
Old 4 Aug 2012, 21:58 (Ref:3116137)   #11
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The engines do sound good but the cars look nothing like '80s F1 cars.
Sorry, I didn't mean to say 'look', I meant to just say sound, I must confess the cars look uglier in person than on TV
Old 4 Aug 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3116139)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Sorry, I didn't mean to say 'look', I meant to just say sound, I must confess the cars look uglier in person than on TV
Old 4 Aug 2012, 23:35 (Ref:3116155)   #13
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I found I feel the same way. I went to St. Pete this year and was horrified by the things. On TV they manage to focus on the front 3/4 of the car and generally shoot them from above. The nose looks very reminiscent of a Panoz DP01 mixed with a Lola or Reynard Champ Car at that very specific angle.

Chris
Old 5 Aug 2012, 10:16 (Ref:3116269)   #14
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I still think the rears of these cars look magnificent! But i'm also very much aware i'm alone on this one...

Looking forward to the race today. Cool track. One of the first IndyCar races I watched was here actually!

Selby
Old 5 Aug 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3116360)   #15
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since when does Bob Jenkins call the races for ABC again? But while I'm at it, he's really become "dull" over the past years. It's like you're listening to a different commentator, when you watch old ESPN CART videos on YouTube.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 17:00 (Ref:3116361)   #16
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
Since when does Bob Jenkins call the races for ABC again? But while I'm at it, he's really become "dull" over the past years. It's like you're listening to a different commentator, when you watch old ESPN CART videos on YouTube.
Maybe he's become jaded over the years with the lacklustre racing from the IRL.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 17:05 (Ref:3116362)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
A very clean start.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 17:14 (Ref:3116363)   #18
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Maybe he's become jaded over the years with the lacklustre racing from the IRL.
He'll call it a day anyway after this season. Could this be a chance to bring back Paul Page?

But it has been a good race so far, although I may be worried that Seabass might have shot all available shots that early in the race.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 17:21 (Ref:3116366)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
He'll call it a day anyway after this season. Could this be a chance to bring back Paul Page?

But it has been a good race so far, although I may be worried that Seabass might have shot all available shots that early in the race.
It has been but it's not been Justin Wilson's race so far.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 17:36 (Ref:3116368)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
That was a tight pitstop, Power just coming out first.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3116395)   #21
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Last stint was a bit boring with fuel saving, but the rest of the race was great.

2 clean races on the bounce (and on roadcourses!). Good stuff.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 19:51 (Ref:3116411)   #22
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Dixon 4 times winner at Mid-Ohio. Power really needed to win this and now has only a 5 point lead. Good race to begin with but was sometimes a bit processional between rounds of pit-stops. Nice to see a caution free race. Good drives from Pagenaud and Bourdais.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 23:49 (Ref:3116475)   #23
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I enjoyed the race. It's a pity RHR wasn't stronger.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 00:15 (Ref:3116476)   #24
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well earned from Dixon, I think the quickest guy won on the day. Pity it was a fuel saving race. They should have done 10 laps less or more, so the cars can actually race each other.

Bourdais and Pagenaud did great jobs. When the heck is Bourdais going to get a better drive... him in the Penske would take it to Power for the title I think.

Pagenaud must be an up and coming champion too.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 02:41 (Ref:3116493)   #25
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Dixon and Power in front isn't surprising, good work as usual. The two Frenchmen did really well. I'm sad for Hélio, the crash must have affected him.