Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Apr 2010, 23:53 (Ref:2682456)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Poultry Ford Racing "...getting what they deserve..." - Bright

Story Here

I am guessing a return to FPR or SBR is not happening any time soon
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 May 2010, 00:34 (Ref:2682468)   #2
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And maybe if his 'team' had of perfromed, and if he drove just a little better, rather than crash into all and sundry, then Ford might have stuck by him.
Old 1 May 2010, 00:37 (Ref:2682470)   #3
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He was happy to take the FORD $$$$, but he did not really produce the goods over his time with Ford, so they said no more, and now he says he is bitter towards Ford.

Can not have the pie and eat it as well.

I was a Brighty fan, but he lost me

He and a few other drivers out there racing in this boring series should have a close look at there results over the last 4 or 5 years and give the game up.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 1 May 2010, 00:49 (Ref:2682474)   #4
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did Bright really claim that him and Lowndes moving over to Ford were part of the same process in that article? Correct me if I am wrong, since I think 2001 was the first V8 season I watched, but Bright was his replacement at HRT that year and while Lowndes was driving for the blue oval, Bright was at HRT until 2002 and drove Holdens for Paul Weel for 2 years until stepping over to Ford in 2005. Lowndes also, you know, had some sort of success with Ford. Bullcrap or what?
Old 1 May 2010, 00:55 (Ref:2682477)   #5
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Did Bright really claim that him and Lowndes moving over to Ford were part of the same process in that article? Correct me if I am wrong, since I think 2001 was the first V8 season I watched, but Bright was his replacement at HRT that year and while Lowndes was driving for the blue oval, Bright was at HRT until 2002 and drove Holdens for Paul Weel for 2 years until stepping over to Ford in 2005. Lowndes also, you know, had some sort of success with Ford. Bullcrap or what?
I think its just you. To me it reads 'both of us were 'bought' by ford', not 'ford made a deal for me AND craig'
Old 1 May 2010, 01:09 (Ref:2682482)   #6
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fair enough. I still think the simile is rubbish though, considering Craig is back at Holden because he maintained his allegiance to T8/Vodafone. Largely because unlike Bright they actually win races...
Old 1 May 2010, 01:22 (Ref:2682487)   #7
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phelps strikes again, and has found someone to talk rubbish that he can then publish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelps
"Britek Motorsport folded last year after Ford cut Bright from their sponsorship portfolio, sending the former Ford Performance Racing team top-gun to the brink of bankruptcy."
what so owning a REC worth how much again is being broke? I wish i had a REC in my top drawer so i could say i had no money!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright
"I had a five-year contract and it had KPIs [key performance indicators] in it. After a couple of years they were looking for a way out and I didn't have a leg to stand on. I didn't have the funding to be competitive in 2008 or 2009."
I'm sure there were KPI's saying you had to perform also JB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelps
"He again wants to win races and challenge the likes of Jamie Whincup and Garth Tander."
i ROFL'ed

I lost all respect for Bright when he had a go at Ambrose at the AGP saying he was an idiot who couldn't drive, or words to that affect, when Ambrose's brakes didn't work as quickly as he liked and he turned the car sideways in an attempt NOT to take out Bright accidently. How many championships have you won Mr Bright?

Last edited by Axeman444; 1 May 2010 at 01:29.
Old 1 May 2010, 01:28 (Ref:2682489)   #8
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Phelps strikes again, and has found someone to talk rubbish that he can then publish...

what so owning a REC worth how much again is being broke? I wish i had a REC in my top drawer so i could say i had no money!
I'm sure there were KPI's saying you had to perform also JB!
Does owning that REC include money he'd have to pay out for failed contracts with suppliers? Didn't think so.

Also, what were the KPI's? Feel free to disclose them so we can work with facts on weather or not he met them
Old 1 May 2010, 01:55 (Ref:2682496)   #9
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Does owning that REC include money he'd have to pay out for failed contracts with suppliers? Didn't think so.

Also, what were the KPI's? Feel free to disclose them so we can work with facts on weather or not he met them
Could've sold the REC to pay his suppliers if he was that close to the edge of bankruptcy. Plenty of people sell their assets every day to stay afloat....

Of course Ford (and Holden) were cutting back on funding. There was a thing called the GFC that nearly sunk them both.

Besides, motorsport is a entertainment that manufacturers indulge in when the goings good. It hasn't been going good for years.

If you want a steady job with regular assured income, then motorspots not for you, and Brights no different to any other team owner out there who isn't performing. No one want's to sponsor a mid pack runner. Funding comes from the profits from various companies. Are Fujitsu also at fault for pulling funding??
Old 1 May 2010, 02:25 (Ref:2682503)   #10
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcapri View Post
Could've sold the REC to pay his suppliers if he was that close to the edge of bankruptcy. Plenty of people sell their assets every day to stay afloat....
Implying you know the dollar figure his contracts owed, matched that the REC would sell for.

I understand this is the internet, but lets not talk about things we know nothing about....
Old 1 May 2010, 09:23 (Ref:2682600)   #11
Alco
Rookie

Alco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I used to wonder why people called this guy “not so bright”. It is obvious that rolling around mid field in 13th today is a far better option than being in a DJR or SBR car on the podium.
There are many stories about Bright having burnt bridges at HRT, PWR & FPR. The whole Britek thing was just a waste. There is of course some doubt that Bright actually said these words. Any article from the Daily Terrorgraph written by Mr Phelps is dubious at best.
Old 1 May 2010, 10:05 (Ref:2682612)   #12
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
Quote:
Implying you know the dollar figure his contracts owed, matched that the REC would sell for.

I understand this is the internet, but lets not talk about things we know nothing about....
The fact he didn't go bankrupt and still has REC kinda confirms it.
Old 1 May 2010, 10:07 (Ref:2682614)   #13
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
The fact he didn't go bankrupt and still has REC kinda confirms it.
Once again, provide the information about his financial situation......
You dont know what happened (ie what happened to skaife)
Old 1 May 2010, 10:18 (Ref:2682622)   #14
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
.....but lets not talk about things we know nothing about....

POT / KETTLE ?
Old 1 May 2010, 10:20 (Ref:2682623)   #15
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
POT / KETTLE ?
I never suggested he is or is not bankrupt. Just pointed out that people here dont know as much as they make out to know
Old 1 May 2010, 10:36 (Ref:2682637)   #16
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where did I say anything about bankruptcy ?

I Just pointed out that some people here don't know as much as they make out to know and talk about things they know nothing about!
Old 1 May 2010, 12:14 (Ref:2682673)   #17
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thank you stealthy the wannabe moderator, are you on mr brights payroll.
Old 1 May 2010, 22:40 (Ref:2682905)   #18
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Thank you stealthy the wannabe moderator, are you on mr brights payroll.
Not at all. Not a fan of his either. I just hate know it alls (and there were plenty with skaife when he was 'walkinshawed', and it seems there out in force again.

Until its public domain, no-one knows his financial situation
Old 2 May 2010, 08:12 (Ref:2683043)   #19
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
Quote:
I never suggested he is or is not bankrupt. Just pointed out that people here dont know as much as they make out to know
While you didn't suggest he was nearly bankrupt Sherlock, Bright did in his interview.... and he should know. Swing and miss....
Old 2 May 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2683467)   #20
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
While you didn't suggest he was nearly bankrupt Sherlock, Bright did in his interview.... and he should know. Swing and miss....
Theres a big difference between being bankrupt, and almost being bankrupt.....

Like i said, no-one knows what the dollars are in his situation, so suggesting all is well just because he still has a REC, isn't really an accurate statement.
Old 3 May 2010, 11:20 (Ref:2683708)   #21
Silver GT
Racer

Silver GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they helped set him up and that the thanks he gives them...........I guess not so isnt good at running a business either
Old 3 May 2010, 14:38 (Ref:2683791)   #22
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd say Bright is definitely a talented driver, but has basically torched his chances of ever being a front runner again.

He can't cry foul. As I understood it, Ford basically enabled him to set up Britek and helped fund it, not to mention the couple of well paid years at FPR. Ultimately it was up to him to make it work and he didn't so really that is his responsibility. I don't see it as the responsibility of Ford to continue to subsidize a losing team. Ford has to have a return on their investment and for $1.7 million a year so can bet Ford didn't make anything on that.

Just sounds like sour grapes to me from someone that wont own up to his mistakes. He should have just remained a driver and focused on winning championships and then farted around with starting his own team some time down the track.
Old 3 May 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2683970)   #23
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I'd say Bright is definitely a talented driver, but has basically torched his chances of ever being a front runner again.

He can't cry foul. As I understood it, Ford basically enabled him to set up Britek and helped fund it, not to mention the couple of well paid years at FPR. Ultimately it was up to him to make it work and he didn't so really that is his responsibility. I don't see it as the responsibility of Ford to continue to subsidize a losing team. Ford has to have a return on their investment and for $1.7 million a year so can bet Ford didn't make anything on that.

Just sounds like sour grapes to me from someone that wont own up to his mistakes. He should have just remained a driver and focused on winning championships and then farted around with starting his own team some time down the track.
I dont think was ever championship material anyway, even in his HRT days (i would include FPV, but they've never been championship material anyways)
Old 4 May 2010, 00:36 (Ref:2684015)   #24
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver GT View Post
they helped set him up and that the thanks he gives them...........I guess not so isnt good at running a business either
+1.......I guess that's another driver burning his bridges with Ford and their supporters
Old 4 May 2010, 01:55 (Ref:2684026)   #25
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I dont think was ever championship material anyway, even in his HRT days (i would include FPV, but they've never been championship material anyways)
I think he was if he had some continuity to his career instead of hopping around every 2 years and starting Britek.