Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What do you rate the race?
10 1 1.82%
9 0 0%
8 1 1.82%
7 6 10.91%
6 6 10.91%
5 13 23.64%
4 14 25.45%
3 9 16.36%
2 5 9.09%
1 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Sep 2013, 12:29 (Ref:3300469)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race: Italian Grand Prix

How do you rate the race?
Old 8 Sep 2013, 13:57 (Ref:3300491)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!

It would have been a 2, but for Hamilton and Raikkonen reminding me it was a race towards the end.

Spa and Monza. Such pale shadows.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3300492)   #3
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
As is my custom, I recorded it whilst out shopping for vittles. I inadvertently saw the result, and to be frank I can't be bothered to watch the actual event. I've been on the verge of this for some time now, and it's happened.

Will this be my last GP ? I'd return to the fray if the sport returns to a semblance of what it was pre-BCE. Which won't happen.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 14:27 (Ref:3300495)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well not exactly the best race I have seen but the lower positions made it slightly less boring gave it a 3
Old 8 Sep 2013, 14:38 (Ref:3300502)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post

Will this be my last GP ? I'd return to the fray if the sport returns to a semblance of what it was pre-BCE. Which won't happen.
I'm a little puzzled by your post. I've seen way more boring racing at Monza pre-BCE. The best car and driver won, which is what usually happened pre-BCE. The race was actually quite closely fought, which hardly ever happened pre-BCE. To be complaining now about what is happening post-BCE seems to be leaving it rather late with regard to this being your last GP?

Oh, err....7 for me.

Shout out for the stupid people who 'boo' at F1 races.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 14:38 (Ref:3300503)   #6
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to be consistent and Hamilton made it slightly more enjoyable than Spa, so a VERY GENEROUS 6
Old 8 Sep 2013, 14:59 (Ref:3300519)   #7
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I'm a little puzzled by your post. I've seen way more boring racing at Monza pre-BCE. The best car and driver won, which is what usually happened pre-BCE. The race was actually quite closely fought, which hardly ever happened pre-BCE. To be complaining now about what is happening post-BCE seems to be leaving it rather late with regard to this being your last GP?

Oh, err....7 for me.

Shout out for the stupid people who 'boo' at F1 races.
It's not the first time I've been accused of muddled thinking. It's not this particular race, just the whole "organised circus" thing. I didn't watch it, and I haven't missed it. So I guess I'm not cut out to be an F1 fan.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 15:00 (Ref:3300521)   #8
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Spa and Monza were two of the worst races of the year, odd.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 15:08 (Ref:3300526)   #9
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Utter snoozefest. Once the drizzle stopped before the race, we knew what way it'd go.

If Vettel's leading in to T1, it's game over. The guy knows to push like hell in the first two laps and build up a 1 second plus gap, and it works.

I almost think Red Bull try to give us some fake tension in the final few laps with these issues :P

The DRS still bothers me. I'd rather have a pure boring race than one with a few dirty swaps for position. They still don't feel like legit passes to me. Just listen to the lack of excitement in the commentator's voices...

I was driven in to a nap midway through, too. That's never really happened to me apart from the last two races...

Selby
Old 8 Sep 2013, 15:11 (Ref:3300529)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post

I almost think Red Bull try to give us some fake tension in the final few laps with these issues :P

Interesting comment - I can't help but admit that the same thing ran through my mind.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post

I was driven in to a nap midway through, too. That's never really happened to me apart from the last two races...

I missed 5 straight laps from about 33-38.....
Old 8 Sep 2013, 15:21 (Ref:3300537)   #11
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
haha! Sounds identical, mate...

I just think, have the tyres from 2011/12 that require 2/3 stops, rid of the DRS, then you'll have overtakes and guys stalking eachother gradually lap after lap. THAT'S what racing is! Everyone has the same tyre options. That's all fair, surely?

Btw, I voted 4, same as Spa.

Selby
Old 8 Sep 2013, 15:49 (Ref:3300555)   #12
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think I rated this lower than I've ever rated a race. If it wasn't for Lewis and maybe Kimi, there wouldn't really even be anything to discuss and little to have happened.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 16:16 (Ref:3300561)   #13
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
The racing's been crap since we lost the gimmicky tyres... And I was fine with them. It was genuinely the same for all.

Selby
Old 8 Sep 2013, 16:20 (Ref:3300565)   #14
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!

At last the TV director decided to cover the battles down the field (Hamilton's late charge was a highlight) but didn't make it any more interesting than it was, which it wasn't.

If you see what I mean.

At least I watched this race without a hangover!
Old 8 Sep 2013, 16:20 (Ref:3300567)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't say this was the best Italian GP I've ever seen. I was hoping for some good racing after a disappointing Spa. There were some mid-field battles but too far and too few. I thought Alonso's overtake of Webber was the best part of the race. 4.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 16:23 (Ref:3300572)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post

At least I watched this race without a hangover!
I wish I'd had a hangover......
Old 8 Sep 2013, 16:40 (Ref:3300579)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
4. A TGF style of race...
Old 8 Sep 2013, 17:29 (Ref:3300598)   #18
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Needed rain.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 17:30 (Ref:3300599)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
They could have had some of mine......
Old 8 Sep 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3300602)   #20
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What with the prospect of the field starting on intermediates, I was hoping for a similar re-run to the 2004 Italian GP.

A 5 for me
Old 8 Sep 2013, 17:46 (Ref:3300603)   #21
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5 , Hoping for more but did not really happen , Webber /Alonso was good and good to see the Hulk running strong .
Old 8 Sep 2013, 19:06 (Ref:3300628)   #22
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Not bad I gave it a 5.... It's the first race I have seen in a while ...

The Vettel domination is becoming a bit of a bore..
Old 8 Sep 2013, 20:59 (Ref:3300658)   #23
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The machine wins again

Good lukc trying to sell this garbage SKY

You can literally feel the power buttons being turned off.

Somebody do something for Gods sake this is utter, utter utter garbage.

If I wanted to watch a one man show I would buy a DVD of Frank Carson or something.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 21:01 (Ref:3300660)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
If I wanted to watch a one man show I would buy a DVD of Frank Carson or something.
Yep. That, for me, is the quote of the day - by a significant margin.......
Old 8 Sep 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3300663)   #25
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7. Quite high? Hamilton did great entertaining.