Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 1 Nov 2010, 18:41 (Ref:2783616)   #51
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I still think Marc VDS are just posturing. Autosport last week said basically the same thing as the article Bentley03 quoted, in that they are 'evaluating other options'.

I'd love to see them run the LMS and Le Mans. But I expect to see them back in GT1 next year. We'll watch this space. It's not exactly hard for them to hold meetings with Matech on a regular basis in the GT1 paddock.
Why put the cars up for sale? That, to me, appears to be a little more than just posturing. Shows something closer to intent, in my opinion.
Old 1 Nov 2010, 20:05 (Ref:2783674)   #52
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Yep.........

(courtesy of lemans.org)

ah yes, I almost forgot about the pro/am differentiation! But could the new Ford be in any class other than Pro since it won't be 1 year old?
Old 1 Nov 2010, 20:10 (Ref:2783682)   #53
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Why put the cars up for sale? That, to me, appears to be a little more than just posturing. Shows something closer to intent, in my opinion.
Yeah I suppose so. Maybe VDS are trying to gauge interest but without burning the GT1 bridge and categorically saying they will leave. It was quite a nice looking advert too! I hope they do take their business to the LMS.
Old 4 Nov 2010, 10:01 (Ref:2784813)   #54
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Autosport mag today has some more news about the Beechdean Mansell team, positive in the fact that they will continue next year according to Andrew Howard.

Options include continuing in LMP1 with the Zytek if it isn't sold, OR moving to the GT ranks is a possibility they are looking at. Apparently it depends on budget as to whether Greg and Leo will be able to drive! Looks like Andrew Howard wants to get in on the driving action himself this year which is interesting. He has raced in British GT before.

As for Nigel. My personal opinion is that he is done and I have a feeling he wont drive again. At least not an LMP1. That's just my gut feeling. Either way things are definitely up in the air at the team.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 12:52 (Ref:2785769)   #55
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa View Post
2011 ILMC calendar.

12 Hours of Sebring (USA), March 19th
Le Mans test day (FRA), April 24th
Spa-Francorchamps (BEL), May 8th
24 Heures du Mans (FRA), June 11th - 12th
TBA, Europe, July
Silverstone (UK), Sept 11th
TBA, Overseas, October
China, November
With four European races in the ILMC, could the LMS be in danger?
Old 6 Nov 2010, 14:10 (Ref:2785809)   #56
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
With four European races in the ILMC, could the LMS be in danger?
In danger of what? Having much better fields at some of its rounds.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 04:41 (Ref:2786141)   #57
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Larbre went the Corvette route, becoming the first customer team in Europe.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 09:19 (Ref:2786253)   #58
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
And Hope Polevision will run an Oreca 01 Hybrid .

Does that Hybrid refer to the engine , or that the chassis is grandfathered ?
Great to see that car back on the grids .

Corvette to Larbre ..... brilliant news . Great that were getting a C6GT2 in the LMS , and hopefully see Larbre return to the top of their class after so long .
Old 7 Nov 2010, 10:59 (Ref:2786300)   #59
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

Great to see that car back on the grids.
It's a Oreca 01 so the 2009/LM2010 LMP1, with a Lehmann 2 liter turbo I4 and a Flybrid hybrid system connected to an XTrac gearbox.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 13:09 (Ref:2786341)   #60
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Corvette to Larbre ..... brilliant news . Great that were getting a C6GT2 in the LMS , and hopefully see Larbre return to the top of their class after so long .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
It's a Oreca 01 so the 2009/LM2010 LMP1, with a Lehmann 2 liter turbo I4 and a Flybrid hybrid system connected to an XTrac gearbox.
We wont see Hybrid Chassis, as the new regulations only mandate that brand new chassis are modified with the fin.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 15:46 (Ref:2786410)   #61
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Technically, they were already there this year but it is great in all seriousness.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 13:37 (Ref:2787026)   #62
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
In danger of what? Having much better fields at some of its rounds.
I mean that some teams might chose to switch to the ILMC.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 15:27 (Ref:2787078)   #63
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
None of the articles I have read suggest that Larbre are competing in the LMS at all. Just that they are competing in ILMC. So sure, you'll get a bump in the combined LMS/IMLC events, but it does not appear that you can expect them at the non-ILMC events.

http://www.planetlemans.com/2010/11/...-in-2011-ilmc/

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...ette-for-2011/
Old 9 Nov 2010, 05:47 (Ref:2787468)   #64
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I read, if Larbre can get funding for a second car for the full season, it will be entered in LMS.
Old 9 Nov 2010, 19:59 (Ref:2787733)   #65
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
From what I read, if Larbre can get funding for a second car for the full season, it will be entered in LMS.
That's a pretty big "IF."
"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride."
Old 10 Nov 2010, 08:06 (Ref:2787932)   #66
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Yes, thank you, I can see the if there. I was responding to Fogelhund's claim that they made no statement about the LMS.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 12:54 (Ref:2788041)   #67
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
AF Corse with a Lola-Judd/BMW in LMP2... drivers will be MatÃ*as Russo and Luis Perez Companc.

Kind of underwhelming, especially since it's only an LMS-campaign and not for ILMC.

What's also a bit curious, is that the engine is only referred to as a Judd... wouldn't it make more sense from a marketing point of view to call it a BMW? Or is there a reason why they can't?
Old 10 Nov 2010, 20:19 (Ref:2788242)   #68
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
No mention on whether or not it will be a Lola Coupe or open cockpit.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 20:31 (Ref:2788245)   #69
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
No mention on whether or not it will be a Lola Coupe or open cockpit.
Isn't the Coupe the Lmp1?
Old 10 Nov 2010, 20:44 (Ref:2788249)   #70
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
What's also a bit curious, is that the engine is only referred to as a Judd... wouldn't it make more sense from a marketing point of view to call it a BMW? Or is there a reason why they can't?
Whose marketing point of view? Since it's based on a stock BMW block but is not a BMW works project (or even works-blessed as far as I know) and all the tuning is done by Judd, then it seems to suit Judd's marketing purposes just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
There is a 2011 LMP2 coupe as well.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 20:44 (Ref:2788250)   #71
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Not necessarily, Lola are offering both open (B11/40) and closed LMP2 (B11/80) cars for next year. The closed LMP1 car should be called the B11/60, I guess.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2788269)   #72
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Whose marketing point of view? Since it's based on a stock BMW block but is not a BMW works project (or even works-blessed as far as I know) and all the tuning is done by Judd, then it seems to suit Judd's marketing purposes just fine.
Yeah, but if I'm a team and I'm trying to convince sponsors, they'll all know what a BMW is and if they want to be associated with that crowd, whereas Judd means nothing to them.

Last edited by Speed-King; 10 Nov 2010 at 21:52.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 21:40 (Ref:2788271)   #73
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Yeah, but if I'm a team and I'm trying to convince sponsors, they'll all know what a BMW is and if they want to be associated with the crowd, whereas Judd means nothing to them.
Perhaps BMW is not so OK with that when they don't have in-house control? Given the number of Mader-BMWs that have been running around for the last couple of decades I guess that doesn't seem so plausible, but at the same time I could understand their reticence.

In this case, of course, the funding comes with Companc anyway.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 22:34 (Ref:2788299)   #74
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Disapointed its not the rumoured Ferrari power we had been hoping for , and gutted its another Lola too !!!
Old 10 Nov 2010, 22:49 (Ref:2788312)   #75
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Disapointed its not the rumoured Ferrari power we had been hoping for , and gutted its another Lola too !!!
Yes to the Ferrari part. Not sure how anyone can be gutted about another prototype entrant mind.