Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 27 Feb 2011, 21:14 (Ref:2837630)   #26
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
That's my big driver - getting to parts of Europe on a Friday evening, or even early on a Saturday morning is pretty do-able - getting back on a Sunday night is less so - for example Imola on a Saturday would be perfectly feasible without any time off work, a 1000 km on the Sunday would necessitate a day off work, which makes it a lot less likely that I'll make the trip.
And at least I usually don't wanna make a drive like that on race day anyway, being somewhat dizzy from breathing exhaust fumes all day long, lack of sleep the night before, and perhaps a bit of an hangover. Getting another night of sleep after the race makes things a lot easier (and helps you avoid the traffic).
Old 28 Feb 2011, 08:06 (Ref:2837818)   #27
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
If they are moving races to avoid live TV clashes with F1 lets hope that means there will be some decent live TV coverage of ILMC
Old 28 Feb 2011, 14:00 (Ref:2837957)   #28
coolblock
Rookie

United States
Texas
coolblock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Practice and qualifying schedule?

Does anyone know when the timing for practice and qualifying will be made public?
Old 28 Feb 2011, 18:05 (Ref:2838049)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolblock View Post
Does anyone know when the timing for practice and qualifying will be made public?
No detaials on the website yet, just the new dates
Old 28 Feb 2011, 20:00 (Ref:2838108)   #30
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Saturday races would certainly be better for those of us in forward time zones. Here in Australia, we haven't had a starting time for LMS races until about 8pm Sunday night, which doesn't exactly leave you in very good condition for Monday work. I can't see the organizers taking any of that into consideration however.
Old 28 Feb 2011, 20:00 (Ref:2838109)   #31
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the official race website says video streaming will be "Only live 7th May 2011" at the moment.
Old 6 Mar 2011, 09:41 (Ref:2840940)   #32
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Martin Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Just rejoined the Forum as I'm going to Spa in May ( my first time there was the '73 1000kms ). Good old 10/10ths - at least I've immediately found out the race has come forward a day !
Old 20 Mar 2011, 11:02 (Ref:2849988)   #33
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone know the official length the Spa race is going to be?

I was just ordering my tickets and noticed that the timetable pdf on the Spa website lists it as Six Hours even though the race still has its traditional 1000km moniker.

I thought all of the 'short' races were going to be 6hrs this year, is Spa an exception?
Old 20 Mar 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2849994)   #34
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo S View Post
Anyone know the official length the Spa race is going to be?

I was just ordering my tickets and noticed that the timetable pdf on the Spa website lists it as Six Hours even though the race still has its traditional 1000km moniker.

I thought all of the 'short' races were going to be 6hrs this year, is Spa an exception?
Nope, full six hours.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 11:39 (Ref:2850002)   #35
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
In that case you can guarantee any other races which clash with F1 will move to Saturday and future ILMC races could be scheduled for Saturday as a matter of course.
I wouldn't mind if they did that. All great races are (or start) on saturdays, anyway.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 12:47 (Ref:2850029)   #36
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Martin Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I noticed from Auto Hebdo's pullout ILMC Guide this week that the regulations call for all the races to be defined in terms of time. However, Spa is still listed as '1000km' ( maybe for reasons of tradition ? )
Old 20 Mar 2011, 13:10 (Ref:2850032)   #37
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Nope, full six hours.
Great, I hope so. I would hate to miss out on an extra half hour or more of racing
Old 20 Mar 2011, 15:21 (Ref:2850061)   #38
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Bull View Post
I noticed from Auto Hebdo's pullout ILMC Guide this week that the regulations call for all the races to be defined in terms of time. However, Spa is still listed as '1000km' ( maybe for reasons of tradition ? )
All correct - 1000km of Spa‐Francorchamps by name, but it will in fact be a 6 hour race (which is likely to be more than 1000kms).
Old 20 Mar 2011, 17:06 (Ref:2850118)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
As well as the date change from Sunday to Saturday the start time has been put back to 2.00 so it finishes as 8.00pm now, so handy that we have the hotel booked for saturday night
Old 21 Mar 2011, 12:51 (Ref:2850548)   #40
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Hmmm. It may getting 'dusky' by then, in May...
That will be fun!
Old 21 Mar 2011, 18:18 (Ref:2850721)   #41
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
clocks will have moved by then so should still be light
Old 21 Mar 2011, 23:14 (Ref:2850869)   #42
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
All correct - 1000km of Spa‐Francorchamps by name, but it will in fact be a 6 hour race (which is likely to be more than 1000kms).
Nope,not correct.

The race will be six hours or a 1000km,whichever one is achieved first.

In 2008 I was quite surprised to see the checkered flag fall allmost 45 minutes before the six hour mark. The leading Peugeot had gobbled up these 1000 klicks like a monster vacuumcleaner...
There I was,just gotten a new beer and ready to settle in for the final part. It was strange to take in.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 23:21 (Ref:2850873)   #43
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Great, I hope so. I would hate to miss out on an extra half hour or more of racing
Welcome Lorenzo S. Allways nice to add another dutchman here to keep them islanders straight.

But I'm afraid we won't be seeing six hours of racing,if all goes well on the track that is. On the other hand,all's possible with six hard battling Pugs and Audi's...
Old 21 Mar 2011, 23:22 (Ref:2850874)   #44
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Nope,not correct.

It's changed for this year I believe. You will get your money's worth now.
Old 22 Mar 2011, 08:27 (Ref:2851023)   #45
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Quote:
But I'm afraid we won't be seeing six hours of racing,if all goes well on the track that is. On the other hand,all's possible with six hard battling Pugs and Audi's...
Well this is confusing. I hope it is Six Hours rather than 1000km but I suppose Spa could always throw in another power cut to drag it out a bit longer like last year .

Quote:
Welcome Lorenzo S. Allways nice to add another dutchman here to keep them islanders straight.
Thanks for the welcome but you'll have to continue the fight on your own. I'm one of those pesky foreigners living in your country, stealing your jobs, your women and refusing to integrate The clue is in the flag
Old 22 Mar 2011, 10:27 (Ref:2851093)   #46
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Nope,not correct.

Nope, not correct!

For 2011, the race will keep it's name (apparently for reasons of tradition), but will adopt the 6 hour format stipulated by the ILMC (presumably for broadcasting reasons). This has been discussed elsewhere on the forum and well documented in the media.

For further reference, it's even on the schedule pdf on the official Spa website: Timetable (Shows 14:05-20:05 and also 6hr+FL (FL=Formation Lap).
Old 22 Mar 2011, 10:34 (Ref:2851096)   #47
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I did not do Spa last year, as the main Le mans and the classic were my alloted 2 trips but all the problems they had ment that while on the live streaming and RLM I knew what was happening my friends at the track were reliant on me to tell them. The shabbles last year has not put me off going but lets hope they do better this year
Old 22 Mar 2011, 20:37 (Ref:2851473)   #48
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Nope, not correct!

For 2011, the race will keep it's name (apparently for reasons of tradition), but will adopt the 6 hour format stipulated by the ILMC (presumably for broadcasting reasons). This has been discussed elsewhere on the forum and well documented in the media.

For further reference, it's even on the schedule pdf on the official Spa website: Timetable (Shows 14:05-20:05 and also 6hr+FL (FL=Formation Lap).
Well,that's good news then! I guess Lorenzo S will have his full 6 hours and I won't be caught out by warpspeed Peugeots.
Old 22 Mar 2011, 20:41 (Ref:2851475)   #49
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:

Thanks for the welcome but you'll have to continue the fight on your own. I'm one of those pesky foreigners living in your country, stealing your jobs, your women and refusing to integrate The clue is in the flag
Darn. I thought it was a bit strange,you flagging the St. George colours...
Treuth is,I mostly get allong better with brits then my own countrymen.
Old 22 Mar 2011, 21:20 (Ref:2851492)   #50
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i suspect howevcer that the dutch will be in larger numbers at spa than us brits