Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 Mar 2011, 23:49 (Ref:2851559)   #51
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i suspect howevcer that the dutch will be in larger numbers at spa than us brits
Sure thing. Our party'll consist of about 12 peeps allready.
Man,I'm so lookin' forward to this weekend!
Old 23 Mar 2011, 18:00 (Ref:2851999)   #52
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Sure thing. Our party'll consist of about 12 peeps allready.
Man,I'm so lookin' forward to this weekend!
Just 3 of us this year, will be there Friday midday so should be able to down a couple of beers before seeing the practice/races in the afternoon
Old 23 Mar 2011, 19:02 (Ref:2852043)   #53
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Just 3 of us this year, will be there Friday midday so should be able to down a couple of beers before seeing the practice/races in the afternoon
Nice one. We'll probably arrive on the Friday too. I'll keep my eyes open for you when visiting the bar of the Francorchamps racing hotel.
Where will you camp/stay during the weekend?
Old 24 Mar 2011, 13:40 (Ref:2852476)   #54
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I have only been to the practice sessions the last few years, never visited the race itself.
This year however I am only going to see the race, nice to get the Le Mans vibe going again!
Old 24 Mar 2011, 19:15 (Ref:2852648)   #55
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to make things clear...

ALL Le Mans Series races will be 6 hours long. The 1000 KM of Spa will keep this name...but will also be a 6 hours race. Race starts at 14:05, finish flag will come out at 20:05.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 18:23 (Ref:2853173)   #56
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Nice one. We'll probably arrive on the Friday too. I'll keep my eyes open for you when visiting the bar of the Francorchamps racing hotel.
Where will you camp/stay during the weekend?
We are booked on friday night/saturday night at the Acqua Rossa, small place above an italian pizza restaurant, they had rooms for 3 so it worked out quite reasonable. hopefully we can meet up with a few people over the weekend.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 18:25 (Ref:2853177)   #57
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Must look up the old meeting photo's before we leave so that I can regognise you and nobster
Old 28 Mar 2011, 12:52 (Ref:2854840)   #58
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I'll keep an eye out for you in the bar...
Friday night, or Saturday?
Old 28 Mar 2011, 17:24 (Ref:2854991)   #59
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Which bar will you be drinking in, on previous visits have stayed about 5km away so not been in many bars in Spa francochamps itself.
Old 28 Mar 2011, 21:54 (Ref:2855116)   #60
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Which bar will you be drinking in, on previous visits have stayed about 5km away so not been in many bars in Spa francochamps itself.
The Francorchamps racing hotel can't miss. It's about an 800 meters walk from La source hairpin into Francorchamps. It's possitioned in the first curve of the road,past the roundabout. Big white building.
It'd be good fun to run into all you gentlemen there.

Old 29 Mar 2011, 08:05 (Ref:2855232)   #61
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Will be frequenting said bar during the weekend for sure
Old 29 Mar 2011, 14:05 (Ref:2855413)   #62
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I will likely be wearing my Vulcan 50th Birthday hat...
Makes id easier!
Old 29 Mar 2011, 16:00 (Ref:2855469)   #63
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are there places that you definitely should visit at the track? I know I'm going to be watching eau rouge for a while but are there other places round the track that give you a nice view of the track/battles? And what place can you get the closest to the track? Sorry for all the questions but I've never been to Spa before
Old 29 Mar 2011, 16:30 (Ref:2855486)   #64
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
You can actually walk around the whole track, so worth doing that during the race, and there is a cafe at the karting track that does good food and beer at very reasonable prices, so worth stopping there for a break.
You could in previous years get onto the roof of the main pits area and that gives a great view of the track
Old 3 Apr 2011, 19:14 (Ref:2858167)   #65
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hi guys. The 1000km sounds like a great day out. We will be going for the first time this year. Is it necessary to buy tickets in advance? It could be I have to go into hospital just around that date, so I prefer to buy tickets at the gate...
Old 3 Apr 2011, 20:40 (Ref:2858196)   #66
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it is possible to buy them at the gate, no problem at all.
Old 4 Apr 2011, 17:09 (Ref:2858699)   #67
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
There is never a problem with buying tickets at the track, I think that you do get a slight discount on tickets plus paddock if you buy in advance but it is not worth it if you are unsure you will be able to make it
Old 4 Apr 2011, 17:48 (Ref:2858719)   #68
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Are there places that you definitely should visit at the track? I know I'm going to be watching eau rouge for a while but are there other places round the track that give you a nice view of the track/battles? And what place can you get the closest to the track? Sorry for all the questions but I've never been to Spa before
A very good Place is the Chicane before the Start Finish Line !

http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2484/8auq6lbg_jpg
Old 4 Apr 2011, 22:27 (Ref:2858876)   #69
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Just start your walk with Eau rouge and gradually make your way up to the highest point of the track,at the end of Kemmel straight. Go sit down there from about 3 to 400 meters of the brakingzone. See the cars reach their topspeed,just to hit the brakes at less then the 100m mark!

Then,make your way down to the Rivage 180 degree corner,past the Les combes right,left,right combination. You go under the track through the tunnel and then take an immediate left to follow the track from the inside.
See how the track drammatically drops away and the cars struggle against understeer through the off camber Rivage. Very difficult curve this...

Just continue around the track and take in as much as you can. Some years ago,it was still possible to go and sit along the banking of Blanchimont,but thanks to the safetynazi's of Bernie's F1 circus,this has been fenced of for at least a kilometer,all the way till the final chicane....which used to be double and a lot more spectacular...

Anyhow,to see this highgrade grid of sportscars there on the 7th of May is one of the best racing events of the year! I can't wait.
Old 5 Apr 2011, 06:35 (Ref:2858962)   #70
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Martin Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
....it was still possible to go and sit along the banking of Blanchimont,but thanks to the safetynazi's of Bernie's F1 circus,this has been fenced of for at least a kilometer,all the way till the final chicane....which used to be double and a lot more spectacular...
( Sigh ! ) Brings to mind that exchange in Fawlty Towers : -

'Another little avenue of pleasure closed off...'
'...and we don't want it opened again, do we Basil ?...'

Old 5 Apr 2011, 22:29 (Ref:2859418)   #71
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Bull View Post
( Sigh ! ) Brings to mind that exchange in Fawlty Towers : -

'Another little avenue of pleasure closed off...'
'...and we don't want it opened again, do we Basil ?...'