Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Sep 2020, 16:06 (Ref:4002812)   #1626
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Site works fine for me too. Registered just now.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 16:11 (Ref:4002814)   #1627
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It's working fine for me. I registered a few days ago.

A lot of links on there aren't operational yet. There is a link for 'telemetry', but I've no idea what it will bring....
--

it works, sort of ...

I tried to re-register using the same credentials, but then got the message that this account already exists.
That then gave the option to resend the registration mail (which I hadn't received anyway).
That resulted in another "500 - Server Error" but I did get a mail this time.
Copy/pasted the link, no error on the site this time but no confirmation message either but still: a mail that confirmed my membership has been finalised.
And I can log in now.

Apart from the 'server errors', I got what I wanted: a registered account.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 17:41 (Ref:4002831)   #1628
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LNB...nnel=LeMansCup

Road to Le Mans video link for Saturday morning.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 18:10 (Ref:4002838)   #1629
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’m a bit confused, I have Eurosport but I don’t want to listen to their commentators, I don’t mind paying a bit extra this weekend for the WEC feed and streaming it through my tv off my laptop, where can I find a link for this?
Old 16 Sep 2020, 18:53 (Ref:4002841)   #1630
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
I’m a bit confused, I have Eurosport but I don’t want to listen to their commentators, I don’t mind paying a bit extra this weekend for the WEC feed and streaming it through my tv off my laptop, where can I find a link for this?
https://www.eurosportplayer.com
https://members.fiawec.com

Eurosport Player is the better streaming service (at least you can be confident that it is not down minutes before the race start), but it is still a bit of a question mark what comms will be available in the separate uninterrupted feeds. In best case the audio track can be selected between ambient sounds, WEC comms and some other languages, in worst case it is not selectable and Eurosport UK comms. We'll know tomorrow.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 23:37 (Ref:4002899)   #1631
jdetray
Rookie

United States
Ohio, USA
jdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
--

it works, sort of ...

Apart from the 'server errors', I got what I wanted: a registered account.
Success! This evening I tried again to log in to the 24h-United site, and again received the message inviting me to click to confirm my account. But this time, instead of an error message, the resend worked, and my account was confirmed. Many of the pages on the site are still not populated. I watched a mediocre video recapping the '69 race featuring Jacky Ickx and Jackie Oliver. But the virtual tour of the Musée des 24 Heures (museum) is quite nice ... worth returning for a longer and more detailed look!

- Jeff
Old 17 Sep 2020, 07:19 (Ref:4002933)   #1632
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ACO members received details this morning of how to access the premium part of the WEC/ACO app for free this morning. It only mentions streaming for the race though. I'll try it later.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 07:25 (Ref:4002936)   #1633
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I got one that says from 1400 today.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 07:26 (Ref:4002938)   #1634
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I got one that says from 1400 today.
You're right Peter, I missed that, right at the top of the email!
Old 17 Sep 2020, 07:51 (Ref:4002940)   #1635
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
RLM is up and running that will keep me company during my working day....
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:00 (Ref:4002942)   #1636
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Took me a while to find the RLM Stream.

RLM: http://radiolemans.0157.org/nplayer.php
Live Timing: https://www.fiawec.com/en/live#
Live Timing Adapter: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...dkcgcbigegbcjc
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:01 (Ref:4002943)   #1637
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
In true ACO style, the live timing system is broken and still shows the results from the previous WEC race.

Edit: App appears to work, whilst the website is broken.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:05 (Ref:4002946)   #1638
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
In true ACO style, the live timing system is broken and still shows the results from the previous WEC race.

Edit: App appears to work, whilst the website is broken.
I spoke to them years ago about this - their data feed is oddly complicated and I guess designed to the Nth degree but they don't seem interested. FYI this is what I do for a day job and put together a timing App before their timing App came out, pulling data from the live timing feed but I guess they then got their act together in terms of an App. They seem keen on over complicating things.

oh well....
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:08 (Ref:4002948)   #1639
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
I spoke to them years ago about this - their data feed is oddly complicated and I guess designed to the Nth degree but they don't seem interested. FYI this is what I do for a day job and put together a timing App before their timing App came out, pulling data from the live timing feed but I guess they then got their act together in terms of an App. They seem keen on over complicating things.

oh well....
I do some JavaScript and Swift. Would be interested in seeing what state their feed is in.

Of course when James made the awesome replacement system, the ACO spat the dummy and forced him to take it down.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:13 (Ref:4002950)   #1640
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All very French.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:16 (Ref:4002953)   #1641
HR186S
Rookie

Australia
Australia
HR186S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there live video through the app for free practice? All I get is a pop up telling me The start of the race time.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:18 (Ref:4002954)   #1642
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by HR186S View Post
Is there live video through the app for free practice? All I get is a pop up telling me The start of the race time.
Negative for FP1. Should be for F2 forward. No support race coverage until Saturday/
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:19 (Ref:4002955)   #1643
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I just asked Alexa to play Radio Le Mans....
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:24 (Ref:4002956)   #1644
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
https://www.eurosportplayer.com
https://members.fiawec.com

Eurosport Player is the better streaming service (at least you can be confident that it is not down minutes before the race start), but it is still a bit of a question mark what comms will be available in the separate uninterrupted feeds. In best case the audio track can be selected between ambient sounds, WEC comms and some other languages, in worst case it is not selectable and Eurosport UK comms. We'll know tomorrow.
I contacted Eurosport here in Sweden the other day and we'll be stuck with Swedish commentators via Eurosport Player. They are "looking into" offering the ability to switch audio, but it won't be available this year. Obviously I'm not sure how it'll work for other regional versions of Eurosport, but I figured I should at least mention "The Unfortunate Swedish Audio Situation"
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:39 (Ref:4002960)   #1645
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well just use RLM for voice.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:42 (Ref:4002961)   #1646
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm sure there's plenty who use the RLM commentary instead of the Europsort commentary, RLM has always been top notch and it's an integral part of the race
Old 17 Sep 2020, 09:00 (Ref:4002969)   #1647
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Well just use RLM for voice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I'm sure there's plenty who use the RLM commentary instead of the Europsort commentary, RLM has always been top notch and it's an integral part of the race
Yep, that's what I plan on doing this year I suppose the only downside is that the ambient audio won't be synced with the images on screen (unless the Eurosport player will feature an audio track without commentary, that is - haven't tried it yet). I can live with that though.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 09:20 (Ref:4002973)   #1648
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Whilst we're on this topic of streaming and what not, time to discuss Live Timing. ACO shutdown all the good ones because they have valid business reasons for annoying everyone.

If you use Chrome (Or the new Edge) then here's an extension for you. - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...dkcgcbigegbcjc

It is better timing for...no race in particular. Install this. Go to the WEC live timing page like normal. There will be a toggle button in the top right of the page (may take 30s or so to show up) and it'll give you good live timing again. It does take over the whole tab, so if you're wanting video too then duplicate the tab, stop one of the videos and have the timing on that one.
Thanks very much for this.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 09:40 (Ref:4002980)   #1649
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I suspect syncing won't be so much of an issue since RLM will be using the same video feed as the rest of us.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 09:52 (Ref:4002984)   #1650
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
ACO members received details this morning of how to access the premium part of the WEC/ACO app for free this morning. It only mentions streaming for the race though. I'll try it later.
Have any ACO members managed to get this to work? It says to look for 'Live 24Heures du Mans' under 'Club' but I can't see 'Club' at all on the app on my pc or my iPad....