Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Aug 2015, 16:29 (Ref:3568943)   #1
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
2015 WEC Round 4 - 6 Hours of Nurburgring: 28-30 August

Well, nobody else was volunteering to kick this thread off. I'll put it down to lethargy on behalf of the TWELVE WEEK break the ACO insist on...

So after the multitude of comebacks that defined this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans, the World Endurance Championship finally comes back () to our screens by visiting the "home country" of the factory LMP1 teams for the first time. It also marks the lead-in to the the end of this year's WEC, with the last five races coming in only three months. A good result here would give teams great momentum going into this busy period.

Schedule

Entry List

Circuit Guides - Nurburgring website (English), Wikipedia

Spotter Guides - FIA WEC (PDF), Andy Blackmore (PDF/JPEG)

Streaming* - WEC Stream (video, paywall), Radio Le Mans (audio)

Timing & Results - WEC Live Timing, Alkamel Systems Timing Results

Weather

WEC Standings

FRC 2015 - WEC Round 4: Nurburgring Thread

*Free streaming links will be posted during the weekend as they become available.

Last edited by J Jay; 26 Aug 2015 at 16:36.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 17:19 (Ref:3568955)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Cheers for posting, hoping to see it on motors TV it will be good to see real cars racing again after the break
Old 26 Aug 2015, 18:32 (Ref:3568972)   #3
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't you watch it on Eurosport? (Motors TV picture quality is horrible)
Old 26 Aug 2015, 18:43 (Ref:3568974)   #4
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The closer it gets, the more I'm looking forward to it. One month ago I didn't even want to go, now I can't wait! It'll be hot, though.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 18:49 (Ref:3568980)   #5
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
Motors is available on Freeview in the UK whereas Eurosport requires subscribing to a TV package deal. I can't speak for GT6 but I won't be paying for channels I don't watch just to get one I will watch for a few days a year.

However, we are usually fine for coverage thanks to the streaming options, paid or otherwise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
The closer it gets, the more I'm looking forward to it. One month ago I didn't even want to go, now I can't wait! It'll be hot, though.
Yeah, I was quite surprised when all the weather sites I checked out said the same. It might push the factory teams towards single stinting to preserve both the tyres and drivers.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 20:30 (Ref:3569004)   #6
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
For U.S. viewers, the START of the race (7am eastern) is on Fox Sports 2, that goes for 2 hours and switches to FS1 for hours 3-6. Odd schedule, but at least we get some of it on live TV.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 20:44 (Ref:3569007)   #7
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
For U.S. viewers, the START of the race (7am eastern) is on Fox Sports 2, that goes for 2 hours and switches to FS1 for hours 3-6. Odd schedule, but at least we get some of it on live TV.
That's going to be perilously close to the end of the Suzuka 1000km (which should be a 1:10am EST start) ... are you going to do both straight up with no break?
Old 26 Aug 2015, 20:57 (Ref:3569012)   #8
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
That's going to be perilously close to the end of the Suzuka 1000km (which should be a 1:10am EST start) ... are you going to do both straight up with no break?
Im on the west coast, so Wec starts at 4am! I donno if I can do both all the way through, but maybe a power nap can be arranged.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 20:57 (Ref:3569013)   #9
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I was thinking of starting this thread but I was at work at the time...
Old 26 Aug 2015, 21:08 (Ref:3569016)   #10
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
You don't need to be too disheartened, you can beat me to the COTA race thread while I'm unable to post. The timezone just worked out better for me on this occasion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Im on the west coast, so Wec starts at 4am! I donno if I can do both all the way through, but maybe a power nap can be arranged.
Gah, I just read the Eastern time and assumed you were on that coast, whoops.

Not sure I could do that either to be honest. The whole thing works out well for me because I'm up at 5am BST anyway so I'll probably miss Saturday's Sonoma PWC race to make sure I've had enough sleep to get through both races without nodding off.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 21:28 (Ref:3569020)   #11
TF110
Veteran

United States
Ill have to see what time Super GT starts and ends then either sleep before it starts and get sleep between, if possible.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 22:05 (Ref:3569028)   #12
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just realized something when glancing over the entry list again. Had to go back to do checking. And yes indeed, this event will have the sad duty of marking the first race in the history of new WEC and ILMC that has zero tire war inside any of the categories
Old 26 Aug 2015, 22:40 (Ref:3569035)   #13
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
First photos are up at the FIA WEC site's gallery: Porsche and Toyota were out while Audi were attempting keep their cars camo'd.

Only photo of the 919 is with it missing the front clip and hence doesn't show the scope of any changes that Porsche phased in to their sprint package.

Last edited by chernaudi; 26 Aug 2015 at 22:50.
Old 27 Aug 2015, 06:19 (Ref:3569090)   #14
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
First 30 mins (ES2) and last hour (ES1)...

http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/tvschedule.shtml

But it is listed on Eurosport Player:

Old 27 Aug 2015, 06:57 (Ref:3569093)   #15
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
First photos are up at the FIA WEC site's gallery: Porsche and Toyota were out while Audi were attempting keep their cars camo'd.
Aren't Audi showing some new livery or something for this weekend?
Old 28 Aug 2015, 12:12 (Ref:3569336)   #16
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
More headaches for Morand:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...g-paddock.html

Hope the intended link will Rebellion will keep them on their feet - if not, I fear the team will disappear.
Old 28 Aug 2015, 12:16 (Ref:3569337)   #17
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's back!

Quote:
dsceditor: Good news @TeamSARDMORAND as the previously impounded #43 Morgan is delivered back to the team http://t.co/uKeYaUFx3l
Old 28 Aug 2015, 12:49 (Ref:3569344)   #18
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
That's a good thing at least!
Old 28 Aug 2015, 13:10 (Ref:3569348)   #19
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow, the audis are really fast again in a straight line - 315 km/h trap speed, didn't really realize nurburgring allows for so much top end speed. 306 km/h for porsche and 303 km/h for toyota.
Old 28 Aug 2015, 15:28 (Ref:3569388)   #20
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Just realized something when glancing over the entry list again. Had to go back to do checking. And yes indeed, this event will have the sad duty of marking the first race in the history of new WEC and ILMC that has zero tire war inside any of the categories
tire competition was already compromised, on LMP2, in the beginning of 2014:

Quote:
LM P2: a ‘no compromise’ switch to ‘non confidential’ tyres

Indeed, from this year, the regulations which cover the class do not permit the use of so-called ‘confidential’ tyres, i.e. those which remain the property of their maker and which contain certain technical secrets. As a consequence, Michelin has designed new tyres which pack its best technology without incorporating elements covered by trade secrets.
http://www.michelin.com/fre/presse/P...nce-slick-2014

When tires are not confidential, they will not be the best possible, even with competition, because the manufacturers will not include their technical(compound ingredients, constructions) secrets

This is the link I told you about, deggis

On LMP1, all tires belong to Michelin, so no rival can access it and possibly figure out some technical secret.

They are doing already 1.37 again(they did that on the test, right?). Anybody have a bet on pole time? I think, as of now, I'll go with a low 1.35(I have a feeling it's too conservative, though)
Old 28 Aug 2015, 20:47 (Ref:3569458)   #21
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well at least there is still some tire competition left in ELMS, for now...

In 2012 WEC LMP2 everyone was running Dunlops too, it was just that Oak didn't opt for Mics in LMP1 but rather sticked to Dunlop, and in GTE JWA Avila had - weirdly enough - Pirellis. At Sebring 12 hours, Dunlop had even further involvement in those two divisions, and there was also Falken and Yokohama bringing it up to five marques. GTE alone had four tire manufacturers. It was possible the last time with such richness in ACO sportscars. Of course if we go back in time, even the start of the century had much more (old LM graph)

Going back to Ring, it just struck to me that even though it's an Grade 1 track, and GP Streche's Sector 1 looks like any Tilke'd place now, the rest of it really makes it the most natural looking circuit in the entire calendar (yes even LM counted) with very little asphalt runoff nonsense. I still cannot believe how relatively well it has survived in F1's hands in this side of the century, maybe the switcheroo with Hockenheim has played it's part

Last edited by Deleted; 28 Aug 2015 at 20:55.
Old 28 Aug 2015, 20:49 (Ref:3569460)   #22
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Going back to Ring, it just struck to me that even though it's an Grade 1 track, and GP Streche's Sector 1 looks like any Tilke'd place now, the rest of it really makes it the most natural looking circuit in the entire calendar with very little asphalt runoff nonsense. I still cannot believe how relatively well it has survived in F1's hands in this side of the century, maybe the switcheroo with Hockenheim has played it's hands
More influenced by the lack of funds that took it off the F1 calendar this year, frankly.
Old 28 Aug 2015, 20:59 (Ref:3569463)   #23
Deleted
Veteran

If both circuits had money there would still be Hockenheim GP, and European/'Luxembourg'/whatever GP at the Ring simultaneously.

I meant that as F1 doesn't go there as often, it doesn't get scrutinized with magnifying glass by the FIA so often. If Charlie and his gang ask for corner X to get asphaltized, it gets asphaltized period whatever the circuit says.
Old 28 Aug 2015, 21:02 (Ref:3569468)   #24
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
True. There is tarmac at other run-offs on the circuit, but at least for the area in that picture I reckon that the sheer size of the gravel+grass run-off means that it won't be paved over any time soon, since it's so huge that cars invariably stop safely before the barriers.
Old 28 Aug 2015, 21:08 (Ref:3569470)   #25
Deleted
Veteran

Yeah the only part of the track that is ruined is sector 1 (it's unnecessarily twisty too), other than that it's mostly free of asphalt runoff. It looks almost the same as if you were watching WSC Group C race in the late 80's, how many other places can claim that? GP Streche, even though obviously inferior to it's big sister, does have its good sides if you compare it to other big global venues. I can't say love the GP Streche, but it's still my fav after LM on the calendar now. The weather is always interesting too because of the region. And obviously, for once it's core market place to go to

Last edited by Deleted; 28 Aug 2015 at 21:13.