Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Feb 2018, 15:13 (Ref:3801816)   #2201
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
But - why should Tordoff and Chilton's personal backers fund another driver? Unless they were in a supporting role.

Conspiracy theory - perhaps that was the situation Jackson found himself in?

No need for a 2019 rumours thread yet - 2018 isn't done with!
Shredded Wheat aren't either Tom or Sam's personal sponsors - and I doubt that full livery and team name comes cheap. That was kind of the point I was trying to make. Surely with Jackson's Duo backing, and the Shredded Wheat sponsorship he would've been able to keep his drive - it would've been foolish to announce it at ASI otherwise.

Of course, it could be nothing to do with money...Maybe there's some internal politics about driver status - although this is all just wild speculation on my part.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 15:17 (Ref:3801817)   #2202
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What the actual...

We all smelt a rat with the DUO logos, but assumed it was because Honda came knocking.

Now it appears to be something different.

Limited seats left at this stage, far too late *if* he's been forced out. Chilton wants the title, he won't want someone as good as Jackson in the second seat. But, hopefully it is completely unrelated to that.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 15:23 (Ref:3801820)   #2203
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
wow!
not unpredicted... but wow!
Old 16 Feb 2018, 15:26 (Ref:3801822)   #2204
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I reckon Rory Butcher will end up in the seat. Motorbase have waited on the Honda announcement, and the confirmation of Shedden as an Audi WTCR driver. Butcher may be able to use backing Shedden would’ve needed at Honda??

Maybe the whole rumoured Jackson to Honda rumours, if they ever did happen, has broken the relationship beyond repair.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 15:28 (Ref:3801823)   #2205
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Bombshell!
Old 16 Feb 2018, 15:33 (Ref:3801824)   #2206
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don’t forget there’s still a mystery seat available, the third ‘BMR’ drive. Could it be that Honda have acquired another TBL and plan to run a 3 car factory team? Would tie in with Simpson moving his car over to Eurotech...
Old 16 Feb 2018, 15:36 (Ref:3801825)   #2207
Dudley
Veteran

Dudley has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well let's break this down. Where are TBLs from last year that don't have driver and car pairs this year?
Old 16 Feb 2018, 15:38 (Ref:3801826)   #2208
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
Well let's break this down. Where are TBLs from last year that don't have driver and car pairs this year?
My understanding is we are waiting on:

2x MG unannounced
1x Parker - being announced Monday with Jelley
1x BMR
1x Motorbase

I dont think there are any others left?
Old 16 Feb 2018, 15:42 (Ref:3801827)   #2209
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I said up thread it was turning into a bit of a saga. Goodness knows who wrote the script for this silly season but they've done a better job than most of us would have predicted!
Old 16 Feb 2018, 15:46 (Ref:3801828)   #2210
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post

Maybe the whole rumoured Jackson to Honda rumours, if they ever did happen, has broken the relationship beyond repair.
Thats my guess.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 15:47 (Ref:3801829)   #2211
CD34
Rookie

CD34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what ever happened to the second big announcement from cicely?
Old 16 Feb 2018, 15:51 (Ref:3801830)   #2212
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like it wasn't expected judging by the quote from Mat in Autosport's article. We'll be lucky to have him on the grid this season, it's very late to be dumping a driver. I wonder what's gone on, perhaps someone has turned up to Motorbase with a sponsorship package too good to turn down? A massive shame, Matt Jackson is easily one of the most exciting drivers to watch.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 15:59 (Ref:3801831)   #2213
lukej
Rookie

lukej should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I reckon Rory Butcher will end up in the seat. Motorbase have waited on the Honda announcement, and the confirmation of Shedden as an Audi WTCR driver. Butcher may be able to use backing Shedden would’ve needed at Honda??

First paragraph is wide of the mark, second isn’t so much 😉
Old 16 Feb 2018, 16:00 (Ref:3801832)   #2214
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post

2x MG unannounced
1x BMR
1x Motorbase

If I'm not wrong, with one Parker car we would have 33-car grid and that's not going to happen. So if Parker is to appear it would mean that there is no second MG or third Subaru (because I believe that third - or rather second - Motorbase Ford is for sure). And as far as I remember, it was stated that there will be two MGs and three Subarus so that would mean that there's no Parker on the grid.

All this Jackson case is a little bit strange and surprising. I (as everybody I assume) am very curious what's happened there because it sounds like something awkward. But I reckon we won't see Jackson this year unless he gets the third Subaru (rather unlikely) or a seat in MG.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 16:00 (Ref:3801833)   #2215
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
Shredded Wheat aren't either Tom or Sam's personal sponsors - and I doubt that full livery and team name comes cheap. That was kind of the point I was trying to make. Surely with Jackson's Duo backing, and the Shredded Wheat sponsorship he would've been able to keep his drive - it would've been foolish to announce it at ASI otherwise.

Of course, it could be nothing to do with money...Maybe there's some internal politics about driver status - although this is all just wild speculation on my part.
Agreed, the Shredded Wheat money is a large factor - but not enough to run 3 cars this season as it is absent from Tordoff's car.

The DUO money wouldn't fund a whole seat, and Jackson has come up short of financing a Motorbase drive in the past.

Some of the answers might lie in who replaces him - what backing will they bring?

Politics - Finance - Chemistry? Probably a little bit of all three are behind this departure.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 16:05 (Ref:3801834)   #2216
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
If I'm not wrong, with one Parker car we would have 33-car grid and that's not going to happen. So if Parker is to appear it would mean that there is no second MG or third Subaru (because I believe that third - or rather second - Motorbase Ford is for sure). And as far as I remember, it was stated that there will be two MGs and three Subarus so that would mean that there's no Parker on the grid.

All this Jackson case is a little bit strange and surprising. I (as everybody I assume) am very curious what's happened there because it sounds like something awkward. But I reckon we won't see Jackson this year unless he gets the third Subaru (rather unlikely) or a seat in MG.
27 Seats allocated as far as im aware at the moment...
Old 16 Feb 2018, 16:09 (Ref:3801836)   #2217
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Seems a bit weird it happening after Dynamics finally announce their second driver. Hope it’s just a coincidence and I do hope Mat is back on the grid with someone, be a massive shame if he is not
Old 16 Feb 2018, 16:17 (Ref:3801838)   #2218
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
i would think so too.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 16:22 (Ref:3801839)   #2219
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
all these "but he has a contract with motorbase" people have just had a lesson in how contracts work

I'm sure someone on here will be able to fill us in with the facts before long
Old 16 Feb 2018, 16:35 (Ref:3801843)   #2220
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Parker are launching their 'all new' 2018 challenger on Monday.

If it is indeed all new... is that a new car altogether?
Old 16 Feb 2018, 16:48 (Ref:3801848)   #2221
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
Team Parker are launching their 'all new' 2018 challenger on Monday.

If it is indeed all new... is that a new car altogether?

Wasn't that discussed a few pages ago?
Old 16 Feb 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3801849)   #2222
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"A new car to us!" they say in a twitter reply.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 16:56 (Ref:3801853)   #2223
Dudley
Veteran

Dudley has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post

2x MG unannounced
1x BMR
1x Motorbase

I guess the question I'm asking is, do we know that's who holds the TBLs.

For instance, who has the 4th BMR one in that case? I haven't heard of it elsewhere but all of those teams already had TBLs last season.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 16:57 (Ref:3801854)   #2224
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
from Autosport

"Jackson said: "On Wednesday this week, my contract to drive the Motorbase Performance car was terminated.

"Unfortunately, this is quite late in the day [in terms of preparing for the season] and therefore I might be a spectator this year."

Motorbase Performance is still scheduled to run three cars in this year's championship."

sounds like he never expected it from that .
Old 16 Feb 2018, 16:58 (Ref:3801855)   #2225
CD34
Rookie

CD34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
I guess the question I'm asking is, do we know that's who holds the TBLs.

For instance, who has the 4th BMR one in that case? I haven't heard of it elsewhere but all of those teams already had TBLs last season.
It's probably gone to ciceley for Oliphants drive