Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 16 Dec 2004, 16:03 (Ref:1181163)   #1
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks MGCC!

Yet another really nice present through the post! Also, great idea regarding the voucher for the model car - cuts your postage bill and gets us marshals back again! Will see you at Silverstone, and lots of other rounds!
Old 16 Dec 2004, 17:51 (Ref:1181242)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What exactly are you talking about? (BTW. Mine's a '65 Roadster).
Old 16 Dec 2004, 18:50 (Ref:1181283)   #3
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, bit of a cryptic thread this!

Enlighten us SRB

Last edited by Mark Mitchell; 16 Dec 2004 at 18:51.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 00:27 (Ref:1181499)   #4
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmmmm is favouritism being demonstrated here methinks. certainly mysterious goings on only in certain parts of the country, but not here in deepest darkest Bucks, just over the border from MG homeland, so my little b is feeling left out, sob sob.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 09:54 (Ref:1181707)   #5
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I don't know what SRB got throught the post but I have just received a 2005 MGCC Calendar and a 75th Anniversary Patch for the probans!

Many thanks MGCC anf John Watson and I look forward to helping out again next season.

Old 17 Dec 2004, 18:26 (Ref:1182036)   #6
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Guess what I got in the post today (Friday)? Yes, a 2005 MG calendar and voucher for 1/43 MGTC and the 75patch for my overalls. Brilliant!! MGCC does it again leading the way and showing its appreciation for the marshals. Thank you very much, and I'm sure John W will soon read this forum cos he'll be getting a PM from me.

S'good, innit.

btw Mark, be careful, computer might say "NO"!!
Old 17 Dec 2004, 18:44 (Ref:1182043)   #7
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got exactly the same as you guys - sorry for being a bit vague - the painkillers I'm on had just kicked in! Calendar, patch and voucher for a 1/43 model MGTC. Good show!
Old 17 Dec 2004, 20:51 (Ref:1182125)   #8
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Historic RAF Tangmere, West Sussex
Circuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCircuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only done one event for them this year, so more than a little pleased!
Note to self must try harder next year!!
Thanks MGCC.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 20:58 (Ref:1182128)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not being a marshal but a member of the MGCC its good to see the clubs doing this. Top Hat runs a collection for the marshal's fund (to which I donate). BARC and BRSCC I believe don't do anything special (I stand to be corrected) but this is good to hear.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 21:55 (Ref:1182160)   #10
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive
btw Mark, be careful, computer might say "NO"!!

?

I didn't get a voucher!
Old 18 Dec 2004, 00:37 (Ref:1182259)   #11
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell

?

I didn't get a voucher!
Don't feel upset. I got calander but no voucher or badge. Probably based on no of meetings done last year.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 10:09 (Ref:1182420)   #12
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
I' not upset! Grateful for the stuff i have received. I only did one meeting at Oulton so that makes you owing them stuff by my reckoning!!

We now have three Calendars, as everyone who attended the BMMC North Dinner Dance had one given then.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 11:15 (Ref:1182459)   #13
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter,

Both the BRSCC-SE and BARC have a marshal's raffle at each race meeting (each day for 2/3 day meetings). The BARC have a number of cash prizes which are brought round during the course of the day, the BRSCC-SE has a draw of names at the end of the day for various prizes, including items donated by teams, drink, tools and other items as well as cash. Unfortunately as a "Chief" I do not qualify for the BRSCC draw, but I have received several BARC prizes.

In addition qualifying marshals receive invites to the annual Dinner-Dances/Prize givings.

I hope this answers your comment, the big clubs also consider their marshals.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 22:11 (Ref:1182828)   #14
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Degerlund
Peter,

Both the BRSCC-SE and BARC have a marshal's raffle at each race meeting (each day for 2/3 day meetings). The BARC have a number of cash prizes which are brought round during the course of the day, the BRSCC-SE has a draw of names at the end of the day for various prizes, including items donated by teams, drink, tools and other items as well as cash. Unfortunately as a "Chief" I do not qualify for the BRSCC draw, but I have received several BARC prizes.

In addition qualifying marshals receive invites to the annual Dinner-Dances/Prize givings.

This also applies in the North west - BRSCC and BARC always have a marshals raffle at Oulton & Anglesey plus free drinks after the meeting on each day. In addition, they pay a contribution to expenses for Anglesey meetings.
They also invite Marshals to their respective dinner dances free of charge (Although BARC NW have not invited me to theirs for the last 2 years - hint hint!)
At Oulton I think we are fortunate that all the visiting clubs treat us with respect.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 07:56 (Ref:1182997)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Good to hear all of this. As a racer its nice to know that the clubs do appreciate the service you lot provide.

Cue next question then. Why are there less of you now? (Another thread methinks).
Old 19 Dec 2004, 10:46 (Ref:1183057)   #16
Peter Harrison
Rookie

United Kingdom
Watford
Peter Harrison should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problems seem to be with the recruitment of the younger generation. As the older marshals retire, there is no new blood to replace them. One of my 30 ish year old colleagues loveswatching motor sport, but when I suggested he join up his reply was "I dont do clubs, I haven't got that sort of time to commit." If anyone has any ideas on how to get over this problem, yell!!!
Old 19 Dec 2004, 15:10 (Ref:1183200)   #17
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Historic RAF Tangmere, West Sussex
Circuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCircuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Good to hear all of this. As a racer its nice to know that the clubs do appreciate the service you lot provide.

Cue next question then. Why are there less of you now? (Another thread methinks).
Simple answer:- Taken for granted!!
Clubs and or events of all types have woken up at last and as you say above 'do appreciate the service you lot provide.'
Have been in the rally side of things for a number of years without even a thank you, even they have got the message now that it's got hard to get marshals.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 15:39 (Ref:1183212)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I've often thought that racing car clubs would be well served by being affiliated to the BMMRC in so far as they could include marshal membership as well as racing membership. That would then get both sides of the barriers speaking rather than waving.

The CTCRC goes to some great venues and sometimes suffers from a lack of marshals. Yet, if there were members of the club as marshals there would be a pool of peeps who would be willing to attend and that then would assist the organising club greatly.

The MGCC example is a case in point. A lot of their marshals come from the rank and file club membership, relying on local BMMRC marshals to provide the overall expertise. It works quite well in my experience. (I remember marshalling between my practice and races on one occaision).
Old 19 Dec 2004, 21:28 (Ref:1183401)   #19
John Watson
Racer

England
Burgh on Bain - Lincolnshire
John Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way the Clubs look after the Marshals is directly proportional to the way the Marshals look after the Clubs.

A great number of Marshals are members of several different Clubs with the BMCC being the one with most Marshal members. Not surprising as it is solely for Marshals!!!

The MG Car Club recognise this and have asked their Race Entrants this year to support Marshals Training by giving a donation when they sign on - you may have noticed the rectangular orange coloured stickers on a lot of our competitors cars this year. As a result of their outstanding generousity we are pleased to have been able to purchase a computer projector, (they don't come cheap), and a six foot portable screen for use at all BMMC Training Days. This will be presented to the BMMC at the Cadwell Park Training day on January 23rd. 2005, (volunteer on line at www.marshals.org.uk).

Having said all that, the MG car Club relies on the expertise of Marshals from all Clubs, and are extremely grateful for their support, and as 2005 is our Clubs 75th. Anniversary we will be issuing some more goodies when you sign on for your first event with us next year.

In conclusion, thank you for the nice words said about our Club. But, just to clarify one point raised - you had to attend, (work), two or more of our race days to qualify for the limited edition model of an MG TC car. If I have missed any one from the massive mail out last Wednesday, then please get in touch with me so that I can rectify the matter.

On behalf of the MG car Club, I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year. Looking forward to another sucessful season,

Best regards,

John Watson - Chief Marshal MG Car Club

Last edited by John Watson; 19 Dec 2004 at 21:33.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 22:29 (Ref:1183446)   #20
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
John, your response typifies why we hold you in high esteem! And a very Merry Christmas to you too.
Clive
Old 19 Dec 2004, 22:32 (Ref:1183452)   #21
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
......and so say all of us!
Old 20 Dec 2004, 02:51 (Ref:1183559)   #22
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to add to all of the above - thanks MGCC! I will try to continue supporting your meetings next year. If you want big grids and great racing - attend an MGCC meeting - both guaranteed!
Old 20 Dec 2004, 08:33 (Ref:1183662)   #23
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
John,

Many thanks for the Christmas goodies which are always very well received. I think the other members have already said how we all feel about the MGCC and their support of Marshals.

So, may I wish all the members of the MGCC a very happy Christmas and safe and enjoyable racing for 2005.

Stephen.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 08:53 (Ref:1183679)   #24
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
Many thanks for the Christmas goodies

They sent you a turkey as well?
Old 20 Dec 2004, 09:35 (Ref:1183728)   #25
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Oh bugger, John asked me not to mention the Turkey, Champagne and Caviar