Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 20 Sep 2004, 15:02 (Ref:1102046)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Petit Le Mans -- Race Thread

It's coming this weekend....

The 2004 Edition of Petit Le Mans...10 hours or 1,000 miles (whichever comes first):

Please use this thread for Discussing the race, or elements surrounfding that action....

and go to the other thread I started for Practice and Qualification discussions....

with a long race and lots of activity this week, I thought it would be best to do separate threads...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 20 Sep 2004, 22:31 (Ref:1102495)   #2
Spyder_Monkey
Rookie

Bhutan
Mobile, Alabama
Spyder_Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any 10/10thers going to be there? A bunch from the ALMS forum are going to be camping in the Turn 10 area. Hope to see you there!
Old 21 Sep 2004, 01:54 (Ref:1102558)   #3
PRODRIVEALLSTAR
Rookie

PRODRIVEALLSTAR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there camping also.
Old 21 Sep 2004, 03:06 (Ref:1102579)   #4
Shady#30
Rookie

Shady#30 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not camping, but will be swinging by T10 at some point.
Old 21 Sep 2004, 04:16 (Ref:1102594)   #5
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No camping, but I'll be there Wednesday morning. A bunch of the IMSA talk forum members are going to be camping in the wooded area in the infield at turn 10 between the vendor area and the tunnel. Come on by Thursday night after night practice...

Martin

Last edited by Hugewally; 21 Sep 2004 at 04:16.
Old 21 Sep 2004, 13:04 (Ref:1102859)   #6
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Guys/gals, there's a thread in "Trackside" for discussing who's going to be there. Most of you have been there already!

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=59694

Keep this thread for race discussion, please.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 22 Sep 2004, 12:02 (Ref:1103767)   #7
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!

Just a note, as always the Chat Room will be open during the race - so please pop in for the live discussion as well as reading any updates as they occur in here
Old 23 Sep 2004, 01:00 (Ref:1104496)   #8
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Packing up and heading out in the morning, so won't be particpating here. Everbody enjoy.

Dyson #16 Overall!

Risi in GT!

see ya!
Old 23 Sep 2004, 02:24 (Ref:1104519)   #9
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Walked about the paddock today around lunch time. Sadly there isn't much to see. The C65 is interesting, the Zytek too (though quickly becoming irrelevant). But that's about it...
Old 23 Sep 2004, 13:38 (Ref:1104979)   #10
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by MulsanneMike
Walked about the paddock today around lunch time. Sadly there isn't much to see. The C65 is interesting, the Zytek too (though quickly becoming irrelevant). But that's about it...

I'll bet you (Mike) might be a little bit busy this weekend and next week with data from the Road Course Package tests at Homestead...

Hope you get to spend as much time as possible at the proceedings at Road Atlanta this weekend....

Old 24 Sep 2004, 05:28 (Ref:1105636)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
We'll have a live coverage on the other side of the Pond on Motors TV, starting at 17h30 (5h30pm) CET.

That should make 11h30am East Cost Time : but is it the hour of the start ? Or is the race starting at noon sharp ?

I'll miss the start, beeing at LM for the GT-FFSA week-end, but back around 8pm CET : I'll connect on TT and follow the race on Motors...

See you there for the "non goings" !
Old 24 Sep 2004, 07:13 (Ref:1105678)   #12
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought the race started earlier than that, but I will be late on prade, as I am at Donington with the BTCC tomorrow and wouldn't get back here until about 7pm UK time.
Old 24 Sep 2004, 10:28 (Ref:1105793)   #13
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
I'll bet you (Mike) might be a little bit busy this weekend and next week with data from the Road Course Package tests at Homestead...

Hope you get to spend as much time as possible at the proceedings at Road Atlanta this weekend....

Yes, unfortunately I have only spent a few hours at the track over the past 3 days as work has me pinned down.
Old 24 Sep 2004, 13:31 (Ref:1105920)   #14
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
The race starts at Noon, Atlanta time...

The telecast includes a 30 min. "Pre-Race Show" to set the stage for the event itself....

Old 24 Sep 2004, 19:36 (Ref:1106204)   #15
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
noon Atlanta time. That'll be about 4:00 to 5:00 here.
I'm not in tomorrow, but when I get back I think this would be a good way to spend Saturday evening
Old 24 Sep 2004, 19:47 (Ref:1106215)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
noon Atlanta time. That'll be about 4:00 to 5:00 here.
I'm not in tomorrow, but when I get back I think this would be a good way to spend Saturday evening
You say !
Old 25 Sep 2004, 15:33 (Ref:1106622)   #17
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So it starts in half an hour right?
Old 25 Sep 2004, 15:49 (Ref:1106632)   #18
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, ten minutes to go, now.
BTW, why a VW on the Zytek ? Are two Audi not enough ?
Will the team Champion will let the first place to another VW ?
Old 25 Sep 2004, 15:53 (Ref:1106636)   #19
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes just 10 minutes to go! Should be a cracking race.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 16:12 (Ref:1106646)   #20
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kaffer seems to be careful for the first laps.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 16:22 (Ref:1106649)   #21
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
The pilot of the Riley stands up, ouf !
Old 25 Sep 2004, 16:48 (Ref:1106668)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
Yes, ten minutes to go, now.
BTW, why a VW on the Zytek ? Are two Audi not enough ?
Will the team Champion will let the first place to another VW ?
How do you mean VW? I looked on the photo gallery at www.americanlemans.com but saw no VW logo on the DBA-Zytek.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 16:52 (Ref:1106670)   #23
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What looks like the VW symbol is on the front, quite large.

Nasty crash for the Auto con and a 993 Both drivers OK?
Old 25 Sep 2004, 16:52 (Ref:1106671)   #24
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, it's all go now.

The top 5 all within a hair of each other and chasing for the top spot.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 16:53 (Ref:1106673)   #25
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
both are ok, Nordic, if not a bit shaken-up.