Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 12 May 2011, 10:59 (Ref:2879231)   #1
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
fr3.5 round 3 at monza

news from the event this weekend...

no light aero configuration on saturday, and no pitstops on sunday. rats...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91335

and filip salaquarda will be taking the second seat at pons.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91328

the official race preview:

http://tentenths.com/news/showentry.php?e=2045
Old 12 May 2011, 12:55 (Ref:2879299)   #2
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Match scheduled: 14-05-2011 from 13:00 until 14:00
Renault World Series :: Monza, Italy

Match scheduled: 15-05-2011 from 11:15 until 12:30
Renault World Series :: Monza, Italy

Thanks for opening a thread Bella, pardon me if you will, just putting these times down for later reference. As we were.
Old 12 May 2011, 13:27 (Ref:2879314)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
also worth bearing in mind that quali 1 AND quali 2 are both on saturday! woe betide anyone who dares bin it in race 1
Old 12 May 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2879657)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shame about the no pitstop on the Sunday race, always spices things up a bit. As for the areo however surely that isnt much of a issue as most teams will be running minimum areo possible anyway.

Interesting that autosport states that the WSR is supporting the WTCC this weekend, have they not seen the WTCC this year? More like the WTCC supporting the WSR! WTCC is definately not the same series it was last year since most of the factory teams pulled out.
Old 13 May 2011, 00:36 (Ref:2879678)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i don't think we'll be short of action - the forecast is for a 60% chance of rain on both saturday and sunday, with tomorrow likely to be dry...

i don't think it's as clear cut as you'd think with the lac, especially if there's a likelihood of rain. it should have been reasonably obvious which to go for at spa too, but there was a big variation between teams.

there's allsorts on the support bill this weekend - it looks like a pretty blimmin' good meeting to go to if you don't mind watching the m25 for the best part of the afternoon
Old 13 May 2011, 01:21 (Ref:2879687)   #6
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
also worth bearing in mind that quali 1 AND quali 2 are both on saturday! woe betide anyone who dares bin it in race 1
Why did I even read this post? Now it's near certain Rossi will somehow end up doing this.
Old 14 May 2011, 07:17 (Ref:2880129)   #7
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is there any live timing for it this weekend? that intranetwsr site doesn't seem to be updated to monza...
Old 14 May 2011, 08:23 (Ref:2880151)   #8
kaivo
Racer

Estonia
kaivo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 14 May 2011, 10:03 (Ref:2880182)   #9
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Ramos takes pole just ahead of Ricciardo in 2nd.

Big news is that Ricciardo will have to start from the back of the grid due to Non conformity with the fitting of the under-floor skirts. Amazing luck for Ricciardo so far this season... But it's good to see him back on the pace after the horrid weekend in Spa.
Old 14 May 2011, 13:20 (Ref:2880246)   #10
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And what a comeback for Ricciardo in the race
Old 14 May 2011, 15:26 (Ref:2880288)   #11
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

I missed it anyhow. Q2 results yet?
Old 14 May 2011, 17:53 (Ref:2880333)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
ricciardo on pole, due to wickens getting spanked by the headmaster for driving into ramos. he was on pole, but has got a 5 place grid penalty.

live timing and results should be on mstworld.com here.

i can highly recommend getting your hands on race 1 either on a repeat or a torrent because it was absolutely top draw madness you come to expect at monza. ricciardo was excellent, as was korjus and wickens really did deserve his penalty. you know it's been a good race when half the field are being investigated during the race for on-track shenanigans
Old 15 May 2011, 09:21 (Ref:2880523)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
It was a superb race, yes.

So superb that Eurosport in their infinite wisdom decided to cut about 20 minutes out of their re-run so we missed what happened to Ramos, we missed Vergne's key moves to take him past Move and stuff and of course most of Ricciardo's overtakes!!

Nice one that channel!!

Having said that there were some stellar perfromances, Korjus in particular, Vergne's controlled rise from mid grid, Move, Van Der Drift and Hartley keeping Ricciardo at bay near the end.

And now we're missing today's race because of some ping pong......

I know I don't advocate tv ramblings but I am mad!!!

Old 15 May 2011, 09:43 (Ref:2880534)   #14
kaivo
Racer

Estonia
kaivo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tnx to Vergne korjus is out . and costa still no penalty for jumping start.
Old 15 May 2011, 09:51 (Ref:2880539)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I'm in half way through??!

Wickens just dumped out by Costa. Nil point Robert!

Ricciardo just tracking the wounded Vergne it seems?

Can't tell who's 3rd and 4th because both Fortec guys have bright red helmets!!!

Ooh hang on Dan just had a pop at Jean-Eric and they nearly collided....
Old 15 May 2011, 13:12 (Ref:2880617)   #16
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Another cracking race by the sound of it.

Results - 28 laps:
Code:
Pos  Driver               Team               Time/Gap
 1.  Daniel Ricciardo     ISR              46m31.962s
 2.  Alexander Rossi      Fortec             + 2.565s
 3.  Jean-Eric Vergne     Carlin             + 9.492s
 4.  Cesar Ramos          Fortec            + 11.161s
 5.  Albert Costa         Epic              + 11.508s
 6.  Chris van der Drift  Mofaz             + 20.918s
 7.  Nelson Panciatici    KMP               + 21.284s
 8.  Sergio Canamasas     BVM Target        + 22.129s
 9.  Arthur Pic           Tech 1            + 22.180s
10.  Andre Negrao         Draco             + 24.735s
11.  Oliver Webb          Pons              + 28.644s
12.  Jan Charouz          Gravity-Charouz   + 34.434s
13.  Walter Grubmuller    P1                + 39.030s
14.  Daniel de Jong       Comtec            + 39.391s
15.  Stephane Richelmi    Draco             + 40.361s
16.  Jake Rosenzweig      Mofaz             + 41.929s
17.  Daniel Zampieri      BVM Target        + 43.292s
18.  Filip Salaquarda     Pons              + 48.199s
19.  Anton Nebylitskiy    KMP               + 51.139s

Retirements:

Daniel McKenzie      Comtec              24 laps
     Robert Wickens       Carlin               7 laps
     Brendon Hartley      Gravity-Charouz      2 laps
     Sten Pentus          Epic                 2 laps
     Kevin Korjus         Tech 1               2 laps
     Nathanael Berthon    ISR                  0 laps
     Daniil Move          P1                   0 laps
Old 15 May 2011, 15:31 (Ref:2880659)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

JEV crossed the line first but got a 10 sec penal for crossing a chicane somewhere so ended up a massively dejected 3rd.

Similarly it seems VDD and Panciatici penalised a couple of places for the same offence?

Just like in race1, it looks as though many drivers were on the rough end of the stewards sticks for various things.

Anyone got the hard line on any of this?
Old 15 May 2011, 15:55 (Ref:2880663)   #18
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada

Sorry, double post.
Old 16 May 2011, 00:17 (Ref:2880860)   #19
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
JEV crossed the line first but got a 10 sec penal for crossing a chicane somewhere so ended up a massively dejected 3rd.

Similarly it seems VDD and Panciatici penalised a couple of places for the same offence?

Just like in race1, it looks as though many drivers were on the rough end of the stewards sticks for various things.

Anyone got the hard line on any of this?
personally, i think jev was hard done by. he cut the chicane twice - once at the start (where he didn't really gain, and ricciardo did exactly the same thing) where he clearly gained no advantage, and once when he kind of had to yield to ricciardo during the pass attempt. that was it. the debatable bit is whether he should have given up the corner to ricciardo earlier which to me isn't the point of a track limits penalty - at that point he had to bail out or there would have been a collision and he'd have got a slap for an avoidable collision. there seems to be nothing more to it than the tv footage shows. /controversial opinion

panciatici actually benefited from everyone elses dramas, though for most of the race he was shown as a lap down due to a transponder fart which was a shame because that was a cracking drive from 19th on the grid to 8th on track (7th post-penalties) and it'd have been good to see some more of that. van der drift also wasn't penalised, i think something went down with canamasas on the last lap?

monza are notorious for being strict on penalties, and in my opinion if you're just taking the michael and pushing the limits of your own talent too often then you should be penalised. but for avoiding an avoidable collision? hmmm. there were 3 penalties for jumping the start too - they were all pretty obvious and uncontroversial.

glad i'm not the only one having issues telling which fortec car is which

what did people think of the driving standards in general? i have to say i think there's a couple of guys who need the riot act reading to them...

also did anyone else notice any stealthy top notch drives from the back?
Old 16 May 2011, 08:37 (Ref:2880939)   #20
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
At the start 3 drivers cut the chicane. Ricciardo, Vergne and someone else. Ricciardo did the correct thing and gave up the lead to not get into any trouble, but Vergne kept his 2nd and because Ricciardo didn't want to risk anything Vergne was now 1st when Dan backed off. During the race Dan got a run on Vergne and was clear on the inside, vergne squeezed him, turning in before the corner and actually made slight contact, Vergne ended up giving up and skipped the corner to retain the lead again, which from what I saw was wrong. I'm not saying im correct but it certainly looked that way. Nevertheless Vergne drove fantastic and now has the championship lead so theirs no big consequence to this.

Looking to Monaco i think Dan is very much the man to beat, he was mega there last year. Let's just hope ISR can give him something to compete with Carlin!
Old 16 May 2011, 09:33 (Ref:2880965)   #21
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watching the podium celebration, it seems like no one was happy about this. I can understand the reasoning for the penalty, but I think if Vergne had allowed Ricciardo by, he'd have sailed away. So I see both sides, but no one can take away what we did see, and that's a fantastic performance from JEV.
Old 16 May 2011, 11:42 (Ref:2881007)   #22
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A-D.R View Post
At the start 3 drivers cut the chicane. Ricciardo, Vergne and someone else. Ricciardo did the correct thing and gave up the lead to not get into any trouble, but Vergne kept his 2nd and because Ricciardo didn't want to risk anything Vergne was now 1st when Dan backed off. During the race Dan got a run on Vergne and was clear on the inside, vergne squeezed him, turning in before the corner and actually made slight contact, Vergne ended up giving up and skipped the corner to retain the lead again, which from what I saw was wrong. I'm not saying im correct but it certainly looked that way. Nevertheless Vergne drove fantastic and now has the championship lead so theirs no big consequence to this.

Looking to Monaco i think Dan is very much the man to beat, he was mega there last year. Let's just hope ISR can give him something to compete with Carlin!

I believe the third car was a Fortec car, i think Ramos, who made several places and was able to keep them without penalty.??
Old 16 May 2011, 11:51 (Ref:2881011)   #23
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
personally, i think jev was hard done by. he cut the chicane twice - once at the start (where he didn't really gain, and ricciardo did exactly the same thing) where he clearly gained no advantage, and once when he kind of had to yield to ricciardo during the pass attempt. that was it. the debatable bit is whether he should have given up the corner to ricciardo earlier which to me isn't the point of a track limits penalty - at that point he had to bail out or there would have been a collision and he'd have got a slap for an avoidable collision. there seems to be nothing more to it than the tv footage shows. /controversial opinion

panciatici actually benefited from everyone elses dramas, though for most of the race he was shown as a lap down due to a transponder fart which was a shame because that was a cracking drive from 19th on the grid to 8th on track (7th post-penalties) and it'd have been good to see some more of that. van der drift also wasn't penalised, i think something went down with canamasas on the last lap?

monza are notorious for being strict on penalties, and in my opinion if you're just taking the michael and pushing the limits of your own talent too often then you should be penalised. but for avoiding an avoidable collision? hmmm. there were 3 penalties for jumping the start too - they were all pretty obvious and uncontroversial.

glad i'm not the only one having issues telling which fortec car is which

what did people think of the driving standards in general? i have to say i think there's a couple of guys who need the riot act reading to them...

also did anyone else notice any stealthy top notch drives from the back?
I think Van Der Drift and Canamasas were having a big battle on last lap as they both dropped several seconds on their lap times and Panciatici was also able to pass Canamasas.
Old 16 May 2011, 12:26 (Ref:2881025)   #24
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
I think Van Der Drift and Canamasas were having a big battle on last lap as they both dropped several seconds on their lap times and Panciatici was also able to pass Canamasas.
thanks, i'd missed the whole last lap shenanigans.

really hope they can keep a race at monza for future seasons. the wtcc itself is totally pants (seriously, *just* two 20 minute races? no wonder they struggle to keep manufacturer interest), but hey, a couple of races at monza is the same no matter what sort of other stuff is racing.

the garages looked like a total nightmare for actually working on the cars, two cars in one pokey space? surely awnings would have been a better option!
Old 16 May 2011, 20:56 (Ref:2881266)   #25
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
thanks, i'd missed the whole last lap shenanigans.

really hope they can keep a race at monza for future seasons. the wtcc itself is totally pants (seriously, *just* two 20 minute races? no wonder they struggle to keep manufacturer interest), but hey, a couple of races at monza is the same no matter what sort of other stuff is racing.
Thanks for clearing upo the Van Der Drift last laps stuff there everyone, I had wondered why he had dropped from 4th like that. I had also wondered where Panciatici sprung from, all of a sudden he was right with Chris and Canamasas, like he was the Tardis coming out of an invisibilty cloak!!!!!

Seeing as Van Der Drift was kept on for a 3rd meeting (the original plan was for just the first IIRC) it must mean that he's impressed enough to keep the drive longer, or no-one else has come along with a big enough bag of gold yet!

Jake Rozensweig was a naughty boy out there I thought, there were a couple of others who drove a bit too dirty for my liking too, most of them fortunately were closer to the back than the front.

Agree Bella about the World Boring Cars, how that series can get a top billing is beyond me, like the BTCC, those cars are a disgrace to their respective titles and place in the sport compared to their ancestors but I digress!!

Last edited by chunterer; 17 May 2011 at 20:44.