Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 2 May 2000, 03:42 (Ref:7272)   #1
indyracefan
Rookie

indyracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

reading on Jayski's where NASCAR will announce the largest fine ever issued to a NASCAR team for the #12 team and it's future for the fuel infraction at Talladega. Rumors have it at a substantial fine and a possible 4-6 race suspension. Also reading that the car's heighth were suspect at Fontana, seems Jeremy jumped & dented the roof-line right where NASCAR measure's the car......NASCAR will impound the car, remove the dent and then re-measure.
Old 3 May 2000, 01:57 (Ref:7273)   #2
Redneck
Racer

Redneck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This seems to be getting pretty serious!

I hate to hear this is happening to Jeremy.

I know of a similar story that occured in the Daytona 200 motorcycle race many years ago. The fuel tanks are limited to a certain size. When the winner was conducted his coold down lap, he could plainly be seen crushing in the top of the fuel tank with his elbow. Afterwards the tank was measured and passed. The rule book apparently read that it only had to pass post-race inspection. Needless to say, I think the rule book was re-written.
Old 3 May 2000, 02:44 (Ref:7274)   #3
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The penalty amounts to a slap on the wrist if the fraction was so serious as to take two weeks+ to settle. Calinoff says it best http://207.153.224.233/raotflmao.html
Old 3 May 2000, 17:21 (Ref:7275)   #4
Redneck
Racer

Redneck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went and read it.

Pretty interesting. Mike Helton and NASCAR are definitely in a pickle. I would say he is very ****ed that Penske and Kranefuss put him there.
Old 3 May 2000, 19:45 (Ref:7276)   #5
John B
Rookie

John B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is not Penske's first encounter with NASCAR controversy. Wallace won at Sears Point a few years ago and the car also had a suspect roof. Then at Richmond, he had some problems with the engine (I can't remember the penalty).