Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Feb 2015, 08:20 (Ref:3504201)   #7776
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
The Porsche vs Ferrari (or Badger vs brielga) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Fiat beaten by a Nissan ..... great start to your year !

yeah ..... Ive been kinda very busy ... and its likely to be that way for awhile .

Beaten by a Datsun! Ah the shame haha

In all seriousness was happy to see Nissan win, I like the white red and black Nismo livery, it's nice and clean and simple and suits the car really well. Plus last year I had the misfortune of seeing the Nissan and the Clearwater Ferrari crash out right in front of me at Bathurst while I was eating my breakfast so glad to see both teams have a better race this year.

Great to see Pat Long back down here. Good man.
Old 12 Feb 2015, 21:56 (Ref:3504371)   #7777
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That race winning GTR looked like it had AWD coming out of those corners in those last few laps! I mean the guy was just driving straight up the inside of the other cars on corner exit.
Old 12 Feb 2015, 23:26 (Ref:3504391)   #7778
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It has gotten to the point where my dislike for Audi now supersedes my dislike for Ferrari. I even cheer for Risi now but not AF
Old 22 Mar 2015, 17:48 (Ref:3518396)   #7779
manthey
Racer

manthey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did I miss something or Porsche for 2015 has the same RSR of '14?
Old 3 Apr 2015, 18:47 (Ref:3523481)   #7780
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2016 RSR testing at Monza:

GT3 R:

Caymen GT4:

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/por...ouvelle-gt3-r/
Old 3 Apr 2015, 22:17 (Ref:3523561)   #7781
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!

2016 RSR testing already? That's a bit earlier then expected. Looks wicked unpainted though, so tough. The sooner Porsche get that new GT3R out to customers the better because they're already losing potential sales to Audi with their new R8.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 05:51 (Ref:3523632)   #7782
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On second thoughts, I'm not sure they were not using the RSR to set a benchmark.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 08:16 (Ref:3523669)   #7783
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Surely they'd just use a 997R for that?
Old 4 Apr 2015, 08:18 (Ref:3523671)   #7784
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
With GT4 going through a bit of a resurgence, I think it's time for Ferrari to come out with a GT4 version of the California...

Probably not the ideal base car, but who cares? I think it would look pretty neat, especially these days with a bit more aero allowed in GT4.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 08:21 (Ref:3523673)   #7785
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Surely they'd just use a 997R for that?
Possibly. Who knows?
Old 4 Apr 2015, 09:21 (Ref:3523688)   #7786
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
With GT4 going through a bit of a resurgence, I think it's time for Ferrari to come out with a GT4 version of the California...

Probably not the ideal base car, but who cares? I think it would look pretty neat, especially these days with a bit more aero allowed in GT4.

That's a good idea and one I've pondered a while ago. I wonder if anyone has approached Ferrari with the idea? The car would fit GT4 well as it would line up against another entry level front engined V8 GT coupe such as the Aston Vantage. My guess is Ferrari won't do anything unless they have someone/some people wanting to buy x amount of cars to pay for the project. And then you have the problem of the latest California being equipped with twin turbos which might add complexity to any race version especially for a supposed production based GT4 version.
Old 30 Jul 2015, 15:03 (Ref:3562497)   #7787
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
I'm not sure everyone heard the rumor from Hindy on MWM. Apparently there will be no factory RSR's in GTE for 2016. Porsche is working on a new car for 2017. Apparently mid-engine.
Old 30 Jul 2015, 17:45 (Ref:3562546)   #7788
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes indeed. Lets see if this comes to fruition. On one hand this would be quite a departure as their 911 has always been raced. Perhaps the 911 will be showcased in the Supercup or in GT3. One thing is for sure, the competition is only getting stronger, and then there is the ominous BOP. Does it really make sense for a manufacturer to invest in a new platform, even if it is somewhat shared between brands. I'm sure Porsche is well aware that it might be ruled too competitive?

Ford is definitely going to carry some weight when it comes to potential tweaking of the BOP in their favor. The ACO and the WEC want Ford to make headlines as it serves to broaden the appeal of their series. Who knows! I'm not opposed to a mid-engined design. The 911 will always have its place.
Old 30 Jul 2015, 18:25 (Ref:3562558)   #7789
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
Yes indeed. Lets see if this comes to fruition. On one hand this would be quite a departure as their 911 has always been raced. Perhaps the 911 will be showcased in the Supercup or in GT3.
Yes, I expect 911 to remain the Porsche Motorsport product for GT3 and Cups

Quote:
One thing is for sure, the competition is only getting stronger, and then there is the ominous BOP. Does it really make sense for a manufacturer to invest in a new platform, even if it is somewhat shared between brands. I'm sure Porsche is well aware that it might be ruled too competitive?
Lots of torque can help.

Quote:
Ford is definitely going to carry some weight when it comes to potential tweaking of the BOP in their favor. The ACO and the WEC want Ford to make headlines as it serves to broaden the appeal of their series. Who knows! I'm not opposed to a mid-engined design. The 911 will always have its place.
Indeed! Lets hope the regulators don't loose total self respect and don't overdo it when they try and rig the outcomes.
Old 30 Jul 2015, 21:52 (Ref:3562641)   #7790
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I could see Porsche letting their partner teams run in pro next year even if they don't run the factory cars themselves. Maybe there is a pro Proton car, or somebody else like them.
Old 31 Jul 2015, 05:21 (Ref:3562699)   #7791
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I could see Porsche letting their partner teams run in pro next year even if they don't run the factory cars themselves. Maybe there is a pro Proton car, or somebody else like them.
I would say that is more than likely. After all, they need to keep their drivers employed.
Old 31 Jul 2015, 05:54 (Ref:3562704)   #7792
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

A pro Proton car got the job done in the past and gave us plenty of headaches (they were good times I miss them) so it'd be great to see them back in GT pro. Although one car might be a bit under equipped compared to everyone else especially with ford coming.
Old 3 Aug 2015, 19:59 (Ref:3563579)   #7793
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!

http://vildmedbiler.dk/michael-chris...melig-porsche/
Old 5 Aug 2015, 00:58 (Ref:3563833)   #7794
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ GT3R?
Old 5 Aug 2015, 05:40 (Ref:3563865)   #7795
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
any idea when we're gonna get a 488 GTE car?

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Aug 2015, 05:54 (Ref:3563866)   #7796
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
any idea when we're gonna get a 488 GTE car?
From what I read last night on a Racer article, engine is on the dyno, car will be at this autumn's ACO BoP test, so it should probably be (sort of) ready for Daytona next January.
Old 5 Aug 2015, 13:13 (Ref:3563940)   #7797
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
The Italians will have to do a lot of testing before the end of the year if they wanna beat their historical arch-rivals on home soil at the Rolex!
Old 5 Aug 2015, 13:17 (Ref:3563943)   #7798
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Daytona could be interesting if the Ford is as slippery as we are hearing. The 458 will be an improvement (I'm guessing) but the old 911 might be a bit down.....

That is until IMSA gets a hold of these cars for a good old bop......
Old 5 Aug 2015, 14:06 (Ref:3563950)   #7799
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
would be the first ever GTE car with a turbo engine i think .. will be interesting to see the battle vs the atmo engines
in the Porkie Turbo GT2 days it din't do too good versus N/A Viper/Corvette

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Aug 2015, 14:16 (Ref:3563953)   #7800
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
would be the first ever GTE car with a turbo engine i think .. will be interesting to see the battle vs the atmo engines
in the Porkie Turbo GT2 days it din't do too good versus N/A Viper/Corvette
Isn't the Z4 already a turbo?

The 993 was already around for a couple of years wasn't it when the Vipers (in GT2) and Corvettes showed up?