Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 May 2015, 04:04 (Ref:3537922)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
PRA tops qualifying again.........have they found some speed or have the others gone backwards?
All four of them were quick at various stages in the two sessions... there seems to be something sweet about a PRA FG/X at the moment...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 May 2015, 04:19 (Ref:3537925)   #52
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The question to the drivers who are starting alongside a team mate being "what's the plan going in to the first corner" is getting a bit stale.
Can someone help Rick with his hair ?
Old 16 May 2015, 04:53 (Ref:3537927)   #53
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Strong result for the Pepsi Max boys and as far as the racing, well I'm pretty sure that I even heard Percat's engineer call it a "procession".
Old 16 May 2015, 04:54 (Ref:3537928)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Strong result for the Pepsi Max boys and as far as the racing, well I'm pretty sure that I even heard Percat's engineer call it a "procession".
The odd part is why Mr Reynolds couldnt get past the #23 Nissan...
Old 16 May 2015, 04:58 (Ref:3537930)   #55
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The odd part is why Mr Reynolds couldnt get past the #23 Nissan...
Never really looked to be a chance of taking him, did he ? Risk reward maybe ?
Old 16 May 2015, 04:59 (Ref:3537932)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Whincup was funny, "...holding up a customer car with a budget of one and a half grand.."

Old 16 May 2015, 05:08 (Ref:3537933)   #57
EL GT
Rookie

New Zealand
Petrol Heaven
EL GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that was the most boring race I have ever seen, disgusting to watch and embarrassing for the sport.
Old 16 May 2015, 06:51 (Ref:3537942)   #58
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Second race for the weekend, interesting to see Jim Courtney driving on wet/grooved tyres on a dry track. Adrian Burgess says to save a set of slicks. A pretty ordinary spectacle really.
Old 16 May 2015, 07:32 (Ref:3537950)   #59
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL GT View Post
that was the most boring race I have ever seen, disgusting to watch and embarrassing for the sport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Second race for the weekend, interesting to see Jim Courtney driving on wet/grooved tyres on a dry track. Adrian Burgess says to save a set of slicks. A pretty ordinary spectacle really.
The fact they put on Wet tyres in a dry race pretty well says what is wrong with Saturday.
Old 16 May 2015, 07:50 (Ref:3537954)   #60
Reload
Veteran

Australia
The BJR & HRT team de-briefs should be entertaining.
Old 16 May 2015, 08:00 (Ref:3537957)   #61
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Would love to be a fly on the wall in the WP bunker tonight with JC tacking 3 WP cars out at turn 1 of lap 1.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 16 May 2015, 08:17 (Ref:3537962)   #62
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Would love to be a fly on the wall in the WP bunker tonight with JC tacking 3 WP cars out at turn 1 of lap 1.
Mr Courtney came up to Mr Tander when he wandered back in the WP bunker, presumably to apologise, certainly looking sheepish.. and was kinda brushed off... we saw that on Foxtel..

Accidents happen. Wouldnt have been any worse had Mr Courtney piled into another team's car, his race would have been shot.
Old 16 May 2015, 08:19 (Ref:3537963)   #63
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
The fact they put on Wet tyres in a dry race pretty well says what is wrong with Saturday.
Any time a team is willing to sacrifice one race for another, you just know the format and/or rules dont work.

Why cant the tyres be marked up for particular races such that they have to be used in that race? Set 1 of hards for R10, Set 2 of hards for R11, Set 3 of hards for R12, Set 1 of softs for R12...

Surely its not that hard is it? (boom boom)
Old 16 May 2015, 08:21 (Ref:3537964)   #64
pug205
Rookie

pug205 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awful awful "races" today but the HRT sideshow made it worth sitting through it! One for the end of year highlights video for sure.
Old 16 May 2015, 08:30 (Ref:3537965)   #65
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Mr Whincup was funny, "...holding up a customer car with a budget of one and a half grand.."

I missed the 'for the year' bit on the end

Video Here

Old 16 May 2015, 08:32 (Ref:3537966)   #66
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Any time a team is willing to sacrifice one race for another, you just know the format and/or rules dont work.

Why cant the tyres be marked up for particular races such that they have to be used in that race? Set 1 of hards for R10, Set 2 of hards for R11, Set 3 of hards for R12, Set 1 of softs for R12...

Surely its not that hard is it? (boom boom)
You're trying to apply logic to racing that is close to the point of being manufactured.
Old 16 May 2015, 08:35 (Ref:3537968)   #67
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I missed the 'for the year' bit on the end

Video Here

Having not seen the race Im guessing hes talking about one of the LDM cars?
Old 16 May 2015, 08:36 (Ref:3537969)   #68
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lucas will not be amused.
Old 16 May 2015, 08:43 (Ref:3537972)   #69
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

Having not seen the race Im guessing hes talking about one of the LDM cars?
Mr Whincup was fighting with Mr Percat at the back end of the top 10 for most of the race he is talking about...
Old 16 May 2015, 08:44 (Ref:3537973)   #70
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
You're trying to apply logic to racing that is close to the point of being manufactured.
Sorry
Old 16 May 2015, 08:47 (Ref:3537974)   #71
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From an outsiders point of view i find it ridiculous that teams are in such a position with tyres that they will willingly put a car out on wet tyres regardless of how far behind it was. Coulthards team had given up on race 2 before it started.

The Saturday races are so devoid of action you might as well just run them under safetycar so that teams can, you guessed it, save tyres.

Fans who pay the money to go and spectate deserve better than that.

I have to say i find it hard to see why people rave about this series anymore, the only race in recent years that has been properly entertaining is Bathurst.

Still, i guess while fools like me will happily get up at 4-5am in the UK to watch, then V8 Supercar/CAMS are happy that their international audience are still "buying" into the product.
Old 16 May 2015, 09:22 (Ref:3537980)   #72
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
From an outsiders point of view i find it ridiculous that teams are in such a position with tyres that they will willingly put a car out on wet tyres regardless of how far behind it was. Coulthards team had given up on race 2 before it started.

The Saturday races are so devoid of action you might as well just run them under safetycar so that teams can, you guessed it, save tyres.

I have to say i find it hard to see why people rave about this series anymore, the only race in recent years that has been properly entertaining is Bathurst.

Still, i guess while fools like me will happily get up at 4-5am in the UK to watch, then V8 Supercar/CAMS are happy that their international audience are still "buying" into the product.
There are many who will agree with your second last paragraph and many more who just don't rave about it any more.
Old 16 May 2015, 09:23 (Ref:3537981)   #73
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post

There is variety in the winning driver, in the winning team, in the winning brand of car. Whilst there is no great spectacle sometimes, of a titanic battle between all those variables, I guess we need to accept somewhere that not every race can be a rip snorter.

The tyre thing is definitely stupid, and fixable. The powers in the tower will do so... eventually...
Old 16 May 2015, 09:37 (Ref:3537987)   #74
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
There is variety in the winning driver, in the winning team, in the winning brand of car. Whilst there is no great spectacle sometimes, of a titanic battle between all those variables, I guess we need to accept somewhere that not every race can be a rip snorter.

The tyre thing is definitely stupid, and fixable. The powers in the tower will do so... eventually...
Come on GTR, even with your pro V8SC stance you have to put your hand up and say that the exciting races seem to be few and far between. Different winners, brands etc mean very little when the racing is as boring as it is at the moment.
Old 16 May 2015, 10:18 (Ref:3537996)   #75
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Will a switch to soft tyres make the racing more exciting?