Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Oct 2000, 18:02 (Ref:41031)   #1
Billy_Hunt
Racer

Billy_Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael Schumacher has admitted David Coulthard did not deserve the stick he gave him after the US Grand Prix.

The German has now backed down after watching the incident again on video.

He said: "After the race I was very perplexed. From the cockpit I got a certain view of the situation, especially because he made contact with me.

“But when I looked at the television footage, it seemed to me that his manoeuvre was quite normal and there was nothing particularly strange about it."

Just as I said.
Some Ferrari fans are very quick to attack DC when ever he puts a fight up against TGF.
If you would like to admit you were also wrong appologies
accepted below. L.O.L.
Old 4 Oct 2000, 22:35 (Ref:41089)   #2
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Not Surprising

This has happened before to many drivers. Alesi reacts the worse - only because he is so emotional. However, he never makes a big deal about things afterwards, well, almost never. These incidents happen very fast, and a driver's perspective from his cockpit is different from an overhead shot from a helicopter. Any yachting racer will tell you that during any protest hearing, conflicting stories are the norm. Occasionally sailors lie about incidents to get out of trouble, but often sailors from different boats have totally different perspectives of incidents. Some will even insist they were on starboard tack when independent witnesses will confirm they were on port. When people are flustered, they have a somewhat confused memory of fleeting incidents. I don't think we should make a big deal about this. TGF said he has a different view now, and I think we should let it rest. Personally, I enjoy having the TGF fans posts here, and reading their opinions. What a boring forum this would be if we all supported the same driver.
Old 5 Oct 2000, 00:44 (Ref:41117)   #3
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Believe me, the last thing Schumi wants is a ****ed off DC at Suzuka. This just helps to smooth things up, and perhaps in his mind we should see a softer DC becuase of it.
Old 5 Oct 2000, 00:50 (Ref:41119)   #4
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
My gut feeling is that DC will rise to the challenge the same way that Eddie did a few years back against Jacques. Somehow, I do not think that Rubens has the same blocking capability, and will not be effective at Suzuka. Naturally, these are my opinions, and of course others here may think Rubesn can qualify on pole, let TGF through, and hold everybody else up. What do you think?
Old 5 Oct 2000, 00:55 (Ref:41120)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Rubens will do very well at Suzuka and will be invisible at Malaysia - Ferrari will absolutely not want Rubens on the podium When TGF is winning the WDC, and they'll put him on a 4 stop strategy and hide all his tires.

I think VB is right though - what you think you see when you're under emotional stress is often somewhat different from what you see when you calm down. This is a good reason to shut up until you calm down. Unless you are Alesi, who would probably burst if he had to keep it all inside him.
Old 5 Oct 2000, 08:14 (Ref:41172)   #6
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it not a matter of MS realising that what he found unacceptable from DC was exactly what he had done to him previously, and HAD to backtrack or risk looking the hypocrit that he is?
Old 5 Oct 2000, 09:38 (Ref:41185)   #7
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think we should believe a word of what Michael says, should we?

After all, isn't he nothing more than an insensitive, insincere, scheming egomaniac who will stop at nothing to secure another WDC?
Old 5 Oct 2000, 10:06 (Ref:41188)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Liz,

You seem to be describing the race as Rubens would want to run it. He knows he can't keep up if he's given an equal opportunity.
Old 5 Oct 2000, 18:05 (Ref:41278)   #9
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Billy_Hunt
Schumacher "I was wrong to slam DC"

Michael Schumacher has admitted David Coulthard did not deserve the stick he gave him after the US Grand Prix.

The German has now backed down after watching the incident again on video.

He said: "After the race I was very perplexed. From the cockpit I got a certain view of the situation, especially because he made contact with me.

“But when I looked at the television footage, it seemed to me that his manoeuvre was quite normal and there was nothing particularly strange about it."

Just as I said.
Some Ferrari fans are very quick to attack DC when ever he puts a fight up against TGF.
If you would like to admit you were also wrong appologies
accepted below. L.O.L.
When did Michael say he was wrong to slam DC?
When did Michael say he slammed DC?
When did Michael slam DC?
When did Michael give DC the stick?

As far as I know, he only said that after first thinking that DC was wrong, he now thought DC was not wrong.
Old 5 Oct 2000, 18:22 (Ref:41285)   #10
Billy_Hunt
Racer

Billy_Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Don K

When did Michael say he was wrong to slam DC?
When did Michael say he slammed DC?
When did Michael slam DC?
When did Michael give DC the stick?

As far as I know, he only said that after first thinking that DC was wrong, he now thought DC was not wrong.
1...Other day its in almost every motorsport mag and on nearly all F1 websites
2...Just after USGP
3...Just after USGP
4...Just after USGP
5...Extra answer alot of Ferrari/Schumacher fans also gave DC, all the above, in this forum.
Old 6 Oct 2000, 01:31 (Ref:41360)   #11
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Hey Donk, welcome to our forum. Try to unlax a little, as you sound a bit tense. That is the "key" to having a good time here. If you take yourself too seriously, you will find it difficult to enjoy the responses others will give to your posts. Personally, I found it very surprising that TGF made those comments about DC at the post race conference after Indy. He had scored maximum points in a Ferrari 1,2, while Mika retired. That was the time to enjoy the moment, and keep the whole interview good natured. As I have posted elsewhere, I don't think that what he perceived DC did was anything comparable with his own previous antics at Adelaide and Jerez, and something that TGF fans here have tried to turn a blind eye to.
Old 6 Oct 2000, 02:58 (Ref:41379)   #12
racer10
Rookie

racer10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I for one would like to thank Schumacher for having a little bit of balls and expressing his hate for DC. DC blocked him any child whos never watched a race could see that. Its good to see these guys get ****ed every once in awhile. It shows passion and caring. If DC would have just drove on, he maybe could at least pulled the Ferrari a little. If Mikas so great, let Mika catch Schumacher. The more DC pulls over for the Finn the more edge it takes off of an already dull race driver. DC doesnt want it like Schumacher wants it. I would love to see DC outrun Hakkinen, the problem is he doesnt even try.
Old 6 Oct 2000, 06:02 (Ref:41391)   #13
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I totally agree with you racer.