Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 18 Jun 2015, 07:36 (Ref:3551785)   #76
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did some driving last night on the new patch.

AI is faster, or were at Donington. Donington had very poor AI before, but it seems vastly improved now. Loading times in the settings menu is fixed, but loading time for the game itself and sessions is still long. FPS seemed very slightly better, but that might just be my perception.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 22:47 (Ref:3553180)   #77
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I actually find it hard to believe this but Bell has already started crowdfuding for the second title

Your start point is 50 quid to play whatever they have.

I am really in indisbeliefe and also admiration for the balls of this man. He must have no conscience as I am literally speechelss at his spine tingling lack of any kind of really anything.
Old 23 Jun 2015, 10:27 (Ref:3553281)   #78
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
There's cowboys in all walks of life, mate. Not that surprising, really, is it?

Selby
Old 20 Aug 2015, 09:55 (Ref:3567189)   #79
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lots of issues still with this game, but they've finally added the DLC to the career. So you now get careers offers for the Bentley GT3 and 2104 Audi R18. This was an issue because the DLC Description said "full integration into your career", however this wasn't the case until now and the cars were only useful in single events and online.

So with the latest patch, the DLC now IS finally integrated with career mode.
Old 3 Sep 2015, 19:08 (Ref:3571140)   #80
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have to say that I'm very much a 'lightweight' these days as far as simracing is concerned, but I'm enjoying Project Cars. Needs a lot more cars and more tracks but the graphics are good and despite an 'arcady' feel, I think it's rather fun.....
Old 13 Jan 2016, 10:01 (Ref:3604326)   #81
KrypticTMG
Rookie

KrypticTMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love project car I'm two leagues VRroom and aoex online racing which is two of the top leagues on the game if anyone series about sim racing on a console then you need to sign up. Check my Endurance race from VRroom in the BMW 320 TC @ Catalunya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUx_ibjgkMI
Old 14 Jan 2016, 15:35 (Ref:3604751)   #82
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WMD knew it needed more cars when it was released. They were already lined up in the DLC parts bin at release date.

It is all part of the game plan, they will drip feed DLC for a few quid a month for years, meaning that the end game will be costing players hundreds of pounds over the RRP.

It is the way games are made these days with minimal release content or a very basic game engine, topped up by DLC for further profit as the work had usually already been done.

The sad part is, instead of rebelling against it like you should be, millions play into their hands.

So the whole thing loses other than the software companies who as usual win hands down.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 17:05 (Ref:3604781)   #83
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I was a WMD member, in fact I signed up I think on the second day.

Its been a mixed bag. I'd be lying if the game had turned out the way I had hoped, or as had been initially advertised.

It has some great car models and I think the texture work on most of the tracks is superb, but for me, someone who needs a bit more realism and accuracy, its not really what I was after. In the early stages they pushed the laser scanned tracks angle quite hard, whilst the other tracks were more conventional "hand crafted". It seems as though they almost gave up on the tracks or ran out of time, which is why Monza + Silverstone looks a lot worse than say Spa, which had a lot of time poured into it. I even provided reference photographs and pointed out where they had gone wrong with some of the layout, track cambers, kerbs etc. All that effort kinda stopped though with about 6-12 months before release and you were left with a handful of carefully crafted circuits and then a load of tracks they cut and pasted from their data store.
Old 23 Feb 2016, 20:24 (Ref:3617130)   #84
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've followed PCars for a while and enjoyed it to a degree but I think SMS have really disappointed me with the way they've handled it. How much stuff has been announced then quietly canned? Ovals. Custom championship mode. The full Indycar content (promised full Indy 500 and 2015 full roster of cars) to name but a few. Then on their forum people dare to criticise them or call them up on it, and the SMS guys wade in and absolutely slate them for it. It's appalling in terms of professionalism. I'm not getting Pcars2. I haven't even really got into any skirmishes with them on their forum, I'm generally nice as pie and avoid the threads where it all kicks off, and that's mainly out of a 'what's the point' attitude to it all, I'm no keyboard warrior. But I see what happens and it's BAD.
Old 23 Feb 2016, 21:22 (Ref:3617154)   #85
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
They are one of the most ruthless companies I have ever experienced in terms of not just gaming but any kind of entertainment.

Most of their DLC has been around for years and they are just drip, dripping it for money every few months and have already basically said theya re not doing anymore with the game.

Their attitude after all the nonsense from the launch is awful, release, market for 3 months, then stop support, its atrocious.

All you can do as customers is remember all this and never use them again, its simple.
Old 24 Feb 2016, 16:38 (Ref:3617402)   #86
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
They are one of the most ruthless companies I have ever experienced in terms of not just gaming but any kind of entertainment.

Most of their DLC has been around for years and they are just drip, dripping it for money every few months and have already basically said theya re not doing anymore with the game.

Their attitude after all the nonsense from the launch is awful, release, market for 3 months, then stop support, its atrocious.

All you can do as customers is remember all this and never use them again, its simple.
Without getting involved in an argument about them as a company or anything else, regarding the bit I've bolded, they absolutely have not stopped support. They have issued patches once a month, every month, since release which have all contained both bug fixes and enhancements, plus a free car alongside the paid DLC. You can, of course, draw your own conclusions about the fact they need to still be patching nearly a year after release, but to say they have stopped supporting the game is simply not true.
Old 24 Feb 2016, 23:59 (Ref:3617522)   #87
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
The last patch just made minor fixes to problems they created with the DLC. The base game on the X1 still has serious problems that was never addressed. Upon posting about these problems I had my post moved into a massive thread in the Off Topic section and basically told that because these had already been reported, my post was just complaining.

From the Xbox user point of view, support stopped a long time a go. The game never was fully functional and they're just selling dlc for it now.

Tried to love this game. The general attitude of the staff and moderators made it impossible. The game was never fixed to a decent standard.
Old 25 Feb 2016, 08:05 (Ref:3617600)   #88
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
Without getting involved in an argument about them as a company or anything else, regarding the bit I've bolded, they absolutely have not stopped support. They have issued patches once a month, every month, since release which have all contained both bug fixes and enhancements, plus a free car alongside the paid DLC. You can, of course, draw your own conclusions about the fact they need to still be patching nearly a year after release, but to say they have stopped supporting the game is simply not true.
They promised all these exciting updates like the full Indy 500, oval tracks, historic tracks, the addition of a custom championship/opposition selection so you could set up a realistic LMP1-LMP2-GT3 grid for Le Mans etc, and it seems like when they've ran into problems putting these things in (I don't doubt they have tried), they've shelved each and every thing for the sequel. Meaning essentially the support has been fixing bugs, car packs and the odd track. Every new patch throws up new and bizarre bugs, each subsequent patch has attempted to fix these but thrown up a few new ones instead.

It feels like they've just moved on to working on the sequel very quickly and the game is still essentially what we had at release without much more added to it. The tide on their board has very much turned against SMS in recent weeks after the oval debacle and canning of most of the Indycar content, and rightly so - but it's turned into a bit of a warzone not for the first time.

The most troubling bit for me is that if you go on their website the grand announcement of the full Indycar licence with all the 2015 cars, teams, the full Indy 500 etc is still there which could still sway some people into parting with their cash even though it's been canned.
Old 25 Feb 2016, 11:58 (Ref:3617663)   #89
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Whilst the lack of promoted DLC is somewhat worrying, to me a bigger issue is the game fundamentally still does not work on the Xbox One, and attempting to highlight this is met with hostility from the staff.

------

Setup corruption - cannot save lots of setups. Doing so corrupts all setups. Only fix is to delete your saved game

Pit Stops do not work if you watch a replay during a race

Accelerated time produces incorrect results

Fuel estimations do not work in setup options

Lag/lunge bug STILL exists, even since day 1

------

These are seriously issues which stop you using entire features of the game, yet have not been fixed. The last Xbox One patch gave NO major fixes and only fixed bugs they added recently in DLC. This is not proper support. Whilst I am never one to boycot games or any nonsense like that, I cannot consider purchasing pCARS2 as I feel that pCARS has never been in a state that can be called acceptable.
Old 25 Feb 2016, 13:43 (Ref:3617688)   #90
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, that. I get the impression they haven't done much with Project CARS mainly because they've moved attention almost immediately to the sequel. This month we're getting Indycar and NASCAR (yay), despite the fact there's not a single oval or street course in the game aside Monaco (boo). And no plans for either, Macao track was shelved.