Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win the Drivers' Championship?
Mark Webber 68 55.74%
Lewis Hamilton 24 19.67%
Fernando Alonso 10 8.20%
Jenson Button 15 12.30%
Sebastian Vettel 5 4.10%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Sep 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2763131)   #51
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
I might place them in the same order in answer to an entirely different question...
Q: Name Louise Goodmans Top 3 one night stands.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 22 Sep 2010, 17:18 (Ref:2763140)   #52
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaynes321 View Post
hamilton
button
webber
vettel
brundle
postman pat
thomas the tank engine

alonso
Haha, like that.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2763238)   #53
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in order of those that i want to win the championship

hamilton
webber
button

i dont want either alonso (deep rooted hatred of him) or vettel (i dont like the way hes going, hes turning into a arogant mini schumi at the moment - hes also made alot of errors this year dispite having the best car and quite clearly the backing of his team over his team mate, hes not got as much to show as his grandad of a teammate
Old 22 Sep 2010, 21:13 (Ref:2763255)   #54
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Senna took having a sense of entitlement to whole new levels.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqof-uDvUWo
Old 23 Sep 2010, 01:31 (Ref:2763321)   #55
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Absolute.
Old 23 Sep 2010, 04:26 (Ref:2763347)   #56
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber
Alonso
Button
Old 23 Sep 2010, 06:59 (Ref:2763366)   #57
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Senna took having a sense of entitlement to whole new levels.
Because he was.
Old 23 Sep 2010, 07:33 (Ref:2763373)   #58
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as Vettel doesn't win it I'd be fairly satisfied. But, ranked in orded from most to least liked for me:

Button
Webber
Alonso
Hamilton
Vettel
Old 23 Sep 2010, 08:29 (Ref:2763413)   #59
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Button
Hamilton
anyone else.

Must be my sense of national pride, I want a British driver to win.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 23 Sep 2010, 09:26 (Ref:2763432)   #60
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm not sure what your point is.
Old 23 Sep 2010, 11:28 (Ref:2763475)   #61
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I'm not sure what your point is.
Then don't worry about it.
Old 23 Sep 2010, 11:48 (Ref:2763488)   #62
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Then don't worry about it.
Well no, I'll have to guess. Did you post it to suggest that Senna was so good he could do what he wanted? I don't hold with that view.
Old 23 Sep 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2763507)   #63
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Well no, I'll have to guess. Did you post it to suggest that Senna was so good he could do what he wanted? I don't hold with that view.
No, I didn't. If anything I was saying through the video that he also took the art of racing to a new level.

No-one is so good that they can do what they want, but I do feel that Senna's transgressions were nothing like as bad as Schumacher's. When he drove Prost off the road in the first corner at Suzuka he had made it very clear beforehand that that he would go for any gap that was there, no matter how small, because he felt that pole position was on the wrong side of the track.

People also forget that the year before Prost had taken Senna out at the chicane just as deliberately, although admittedly at lower speed. Senna was able to rejoin the race and win it on the road, only for him to have it taken away from by Balestre. I know two wrongs don't make a right, but there's no doubt that he was suffering from a massive sense of injustice, all of which influenced his thinking.
Old 23 Sep 2010, 16:44 (Ref:2763598)   #64
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ideally I'd like either of the two McLaren drivers to win, but I accept they don't have the car to do it - so it has to be Webber. His team mate Vettel seriously underestimated him this season(with his wins in Monaco and Britain in particular) and I think he has show that he is a good racer(despite his flying lesson in Valencia). Vettel will be a future world champion one day I'm pretty sure on that, but for now he has to mature(just like Hamilton did).
Old 23 Sep 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2763607)   #65
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Webber for me just so he can then say "Not bad for a number two driver "
Old 23 Sep 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2763609)   #66
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
No need to worry about it all now, folks. Here we have the thoughts of Perry McCarthy.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 00:10 (Ref:2763792)   #67
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Perry McCarthy - GP ace - wow.

Never qualified for a GP!

Oh dear...
Old 24 Sep 2010, 00:32 (Ref:2763794)   #68
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber
Button
Alonso
Vettel
Hamilton

Old 24 Sep 2010, 07:54 (Ref:2763857)   #69
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Perry McCarthy - GP ace - wow.

Never qualified for a GP!

Oh dear...
Is F1 success a prerequisite for having an opinion on F1? 'cause if it is, we'd better just close this place down.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 09:30 (Ref:2763903)   #70
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is F1 success a prerequisite for having an opinion on F1? 'cause if it is, we'd better just close this place down.
I think he was commenting on crash.nets choice of words when they branded McCarthy a "GP Ace".
Old 24 Sep 2010, 09:31 (Ref:2763904)   #71
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
I think he was commenting on crash.nets choice of words when they branded McCarthy a "GP Ace".
Ah right.

Apologies to wnut.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 09:58 (Ref:2763921)   #72
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd dearly love Webber to win it, but I can't help but feel that if the car continues to get faster as it has lately, Hamilton will have this year.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 13:16 (Ref:2763999)   #73
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Some people are downplaying the importance of this weekend's race, but given a dry one I think it will be very important in showing us where RBR, McLaren and Ferrari stand in relation to each other and that will in turn affect what happens over the next race or two.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 09:07 (Ref:2764610)   #74
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton and Webber have been the outstanding drivers this year so I'd be happy for either of those two. Obviously I'd prefer Hamilton, that goes without saying.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 13:54 (Ref:2764733)   #75
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want Lewis to win it. But if he can't (as I now suspect is the case after Singapore...) then I'll be rooting for Webber