Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 22 Feb 2003, 05:39 (Ref:513929)   #1
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nissan

Not only is toyota on the NCTS assault but low and behold from Dave despain on his SPEED windtunnel talk show-Nascar is in Talks with non other than NISSAN-holy smokes!
the Nissan Titan is not even out yet and they want it to come shake it up oh man the big three better start keeping up with their homework.
any thoughts
Old 22 Feb 2003, 07:57 (Ref:513969)   #2
sirhc
Rookie

sirhc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps an inclusion of Nissan and Toyota will raise the international credibility and following of Nascar and its lower series. With the extremely strict rules, however, it does not seem that a huge advantage will be gained if they pour money into R&D in order to gain an edge. If they manage to do so, look for the governing body to step in and maintain parity.
Old 22 Feb 2003, 14:30 (Ref:514127)   #3
Speeddemon555
Veteran

Speeddemon555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nissan will have to come up with the pushrod V8 engine that Nascar requires to be in the series.
Old 23 Feb 2003, 17:04 (Ref:514912)   #4
TS20HDPGP
Rookie

TS20HDPGP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMHO I don't think that this is good at all. We all know that when the Japanese race they put so much money into it that the cost of racing becomes too expensive. This is not good. If any of you have ever heard of the CART series that is exactly what happend there. This could possibly be the death of the sport one day.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 00:28 (Ref:515533)   #5
gttouring
Veteran

Nissan will "comeup" witha pushrod- what kind of a stupid restriction is that to put on a multibillion dollar international corporation? Toyota has built it and debuted the new Tundra race truck this weekend! speedchannel rules. and i might say the tundra looks good and not out of place.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 02:30 (Ref:515597)   #6
JamesJimmy
Rookie

JamesJimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You wouldn't think that, due to the rules, the Japanese would be able to drown the sport in cash like they have been able to do in other series. But they'll probably find a way. Just remember, restrictive rules don't always mean cheap racing. Even if the only part they're allowed to work on is the steering wheel, someone will spend tens of millions of dollars researching the steering wheel that allows their drivers to gain 1/10000 of a second per lap. No matter how restrictive some rules are, you can almost always gain something by just throwing money at a race team.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 08:25 (Ref:515746)   #7
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
neilwaynesmith is a back marker
Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
Nissan will "comeup" witha pushrod- what kind of a stupid restriction is that to put on a multibillion dollar international corporation?
It's called the rulebook. Lets not forget, Nissan are looking to join Nascar, not the other way around. I hope Nascar don't follow so many formula and prostitute themselves in pursuit of the manufacturers 30 pieces of silver.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 19:07 (Ref:516353)   #8
double00
Rookie

double00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just wondering....... If Nissan makes it to Winston Cup, How many of you think it'll be the Skyline body?????????
Old 26 Feb 2003, 02:22 (Ref:517847)   #9
gttouring
Veteran

In regards to nielwaynesmith- The restriction and stupid question comment- I don't mean that they will get around not having to build a pushrod motor- but they are enormous company Nissan/renault- they will find a block blueprint the thing and viola! it isnt hard to make a pushrod motor when they are all over the place in the US where The CTS is found- of course a big company can develop a pushrod, big deal for them-I could buy a 350 c.i.d. motor from Jeg's and base it off that for less than 3 grand. Oooh i guess nissan and toyota and honda and whoever wants to play might never build the right motor then because of the rule book..Cmon of course they will, if the rules say 2 valve 4 or 5 push rods quad cam or dual cam- it isn't the problem for them it is a way to show they are american enough (melting pot and all) for NASCAR to approve. Just like Toyota just did with the tundra. The Titan can't be far behind...
Old 10 Mar 2003, 00:02 (Ref:530799)   #10
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Interesting question, of course. Do "the Japanese" ruin every cherished American racing series by being, frankly, better than everyone else, or is the US racing mentality dangerously insular and parochial, and, in the case of NASCAR, backward-looking?

Or is it, in fact, both? Pushrod engines? Behave! Do the words 'fuel' and 'injection' mean anything to you? NASCAR needs to get beyond the '50s.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 10:34 (Ref:756783)   #11
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nissan is run by Renault. So Nissan's entry would be a French entry as well.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 11:38 (Ref:756848)   #12
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
keep the japs out......look wat they did to cart wen they left!
Old 22 Oct 2003, 07:23 (Ref:759091)   #13
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ascarracinguk
keep the japs out......look wat they did to cart wen they left!
marlboro, target etc aren't japanese are they
Old 22 Oct 2003, 17:49 (Ref:759803)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by gomick
marlboro, target etc aren't japanese are they
Old 28 Oct 2003, 14:02 (Ref:765747)   #15
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking as a purist and arch-reactionary type dude, I say keep Nascar American. I didn't fight in 2 world wars etc.
Oh hang on that was my Grandad.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 14:48 (Ref:767010)   #16
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
Interesting question, of course. Do "the Japanese" ruin every cherished American racing series by being, frankly, better than everyone else, or is the US racing mentality dangerously insular and parochial, and, in the case of NASCAR, backward-looking?

Or is it, in fact, both? Pushrod engines? Behave! Do the words 'fuel' and 'injection' mean anything to you? NASCAR needs to get beyond the '50s.
NASCAR has it's rules. They have their reasons. They don't want fuel injection or traction control. Period. The new manufacturers (or you) don't like it? tough.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 17:13 (Ref:767150)   #17
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Speeddemon555
Nissan will have to come up with the pushrod V8 engine that Nascar requires to be in the series.
Don't forget that Fuel Injection is prohibited as well.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 17:20 (Ref:767156)   #18
gttouring
Veteran

it isn't hard to buy a carb or build apushrod motor, these are manufacturing giants, i am sure they have ways to get this done, after all Toyota has done it, it wasn't real hard, it wouldn't be for Nissan either