Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 19 Mar 2007, 12:17 (Ref:1871323)   #1
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Important Issue - Read this from today's Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...t/mfbike17.xml

Not sure whether this is widely known about but I have only just picked it up.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 13:53 (Ref:1871392)   #2
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
'One wonders what planet our politicians inhabit.
Do you think the rookies will have to add an 'L' plate under their number plate???
Old 19 Mar 2007, 21:13 (Ref:1871758)   #3
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow. That is a pretty special peice of legislation.

However, the fact that there hasn't been significantly modified suggests to me that it will be interpreted in a way that won't crack down on every single bike in England. But if it is, well, thats retarded.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 23:51 (Ref:1871876)   #4
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Politician Mr. Stinger is awakened in the morning with these words:

"I'm so sorry to disturb you, Sir, but it appears to be morning. Very inconvenient, I agree. I believe it is the rotation of the earth that is to blame, Sir"

And his political day begins, full of Bills, plates and motorcycles.

England, immortal England.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 21:02 (Ref:1877077)   #5
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben24
Do you think the rookies will have to add an 'L' plate under their number plate???
when I did road racing many years ago, we rookies had to have a silver duct taped "X" on the back of our leathers (I still have the jacket lying around with the marks on it after leaving the tape on all season and when ripped off, left a big "X" mark...)

used to warn the other racers to keep an eye out for dufus moves ( of which I did make a few times)
Old 31 Mar 2007, 22:55 (Ref:1880755)   #6
nihil
Racer

nihil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An email from the ACU:

Quote:
Following the second reading of the Bill, the ACU has held discussions with the MCIA, AMCA, NORA, BSMA, YSMA, BSPA and MCRCB as to the best way forward for the industry in light of the proposals. Further face-to-face meetings will be held this week and next to further refine the position of the sport.

The ACU has also lobbied the DCMS, DEFRA, DVLA and MDUK ensuring all agencies are aware of the significant and damaging implications of the Bill, as it is currently worded.

The ACU is strongly encouraging all of its' members to write to their local MP's and express their concern about how damaging this proposed legislation will be to law abiding organised motorcycle sport.

The next stage of the process is Committee stage, where the Industry and Sport (MCIA and ACU) hope to be in a position oppose the Bill and table amendments that will defend the sport.

If you feel you would like to add your voice to the growing anti Bill Lobby, you can sign the Number 10 e-petition at this link…

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/mini-motos

Alternatively, you can drop a line to your local MP…act locally! Template letter can be found at the following address:

http://www.mcia.co.uk/S_Press/SContent.asp?sc=D1BD

Thank you for taking the time to read this message. If you have already done either of the above – and I strongly suspect many of you will have so thank you – forgive me for contacting you.

If you have not, your sport needs you!

If you would like to know more about the Bill or the work that the ACU is doing with its partners to protect the sport, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards and best wishes

Last edited by nihil; 31 Mar 2007 at 23:03.