Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Feb 2016, 18:30 (Ref:3616085)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
360MRC SIX HOUR

An event close to TenTenths heart. Regs and entry form on 360MRC website- http://360mrc.com

New cut off-off date for car eligibility this year....... It's all on the website!
Old 19 Feb 2016, 19:10 (Ref:3616097)   #2
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Mike

We basically listened to what you asked us and we have cut out the "newbies" so to speak.... Its back to how it was as such...."Last Century Racing"

SO...no Intersport E46 M3's.....but you can have an old M3 .....no new Nissan 370's but you could have a DATSUN 280....A 911 YES a 918 NO! (917 YES PLEASSSSEEEEEE)

Just to confirm its when the car FIRST appeared NOT the actual age of your car

Its also on the 300 circuit not the 200 to give the little guys a chance against the big guys

Upto six drivers.....and a relay class for up to six cars ....its six hours of fun, know it is....in the middle of summer....say no more.

Hope you can make it ....more to follow

Regs HERE
Old 20 Feb 2016, 09:03 (Ref:3616216)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brave move to cut out the 'newbies' so let's hope that the 'oldies' really give this lovely race the support it deserves.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 20 Feb 2016, 18:14 (Ref:3616293)   #4
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks John...will ring you Monday.....

I will also be at Race Retro
Old 8 Mar 2016, 14:35 (Ref:3621224)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK, Claire has foolishly allowed me to put on a proper historic race as support to this, so please see here:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...22#post3621222
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 16 Mar 2016, 14:31 (Ref:3623285)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Ok, the interest in the support race has been good but let's try to build up the main race, too. This is a genuinely fun event and deserves to succeed. Nothing newer than 17 years old now so the grid will be historic in nature whether it has cars from 60's 70's, 80's or early 90's. Even the E30 came out over 30 years ago!
Old 16 Mar 2016, 18:05 (Ref:3623354)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Here here! As (lest we forget) the 6hr came to fruition after a discussion on tenths, appropriate that your support race is also closely associated, John.

I've sold my old 6hr warhorse, Tango, but the new owner is contemplating an entry in the main event- encouraged by me! I've promised to help as pit crew, and donated my refuelling churns to the cause. I'll keep pushing him if he hesitates.......
Old 16 Mar 2016, 19:21 (Ref:3623393)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yep old Porsche 924 & 944 must be very suitable cars for this race. What have you out there that's just been awaiting a decent length race to do. Come on!!
Old 17 Mar 2016, 09:58 (Ref:3623546)   #9
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Here here! As (lest we forget) the 6hr came to fruition after a discussion on tenths, appropriate that your support race is also closely associated, John.

I've sold my old 6hr warhorse, Tango, but the new owner is contemplating an entry in the main event- encouraged by me! I've promised to help as pit crew, and donated my refuelling churns to the cause. I'll keep pushing him if he hesitates.......
I can confirm that Tango is a provisional entry indeed!
Old 17 Mar 2016, 10:30 (Ref:3623556)   #10
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hooray, my favourite
Old 17 Mar 2016, 11:44 (Ref:3623569)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
I can confirm that Tango is a provisional entry indeed!
Good! I dropped a hint at a drive as well, but so far fallen on stony ground....
Old 17 Mar 2016, 13:18 (Ref:3623583)   #12
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Good! I dropped a hint at a drive as well, but so far fallen on stony ground....
Speak to Martin Sismey about it?
Old 6 Apr 2016, 13:06 (Ref:3630716)   #13
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Seem to have lost you, Claire. Been trying to contact you for a couple of weeks through different channels.
Old 4 May 2016, 11:43 (Ref:3638433)   #14
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Message to all of you who intend to run in the 6 hours but haven't sent your deposits in, please do so within the next two weeks and by 20th May at the latest.

Claire will also be sending out a reminder to all those who have expressed an interest.
Old 12 May 2016, 18:36 (Ref:3641193)   #15
abw
Rookie

England
Northampton
abw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snetterton Fixture List

This meeting has disapeared from Snetterton's calendar/ticket sales page?

http://www.snetterton.co.uk/calendar.aspx
Old 19 May 2016, 11:08 (Ref:3642835)   #16
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
360 CANCELLED

Apologies but The 360 SIX HOUR this year is cancelled. We will release a full statement later

On behalf of 360 I apologise to those already entered for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks
Claire