Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Dec 2016, 11:22 (Ref:3696930)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
HSCC 'INTERNATIONAL' MEETING

Will include a GTSCC 90 minute race as well as normal HSCC series.

Bummer that it clashes with Spa....
Old 8 May 2017, 18:41 (Ref:3732297)   #2
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I see the funfair and military display are back along with the gate entry doubling in price. I spot a trend......trend
Old 8 May 2017, 20:03 (Ref:3732319)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
I see the funfair and military display are back along with the gate entry doubling in price. I spot a trend......trend
Interesting. Presume not an HSCC initiative? Maybe our little secret regarding the previous high quality of this meeting has got out...

Sadly I'll miss it, due to a clash with the Spa Spring Classic again. Sort it out for next year, please, organisers- I'm missing a GTSCC race!

No timetable on HSCC website yet, but this is provisional version I received-
Attached Thumbnails
image.png  
Old 9 May 2017, 06:45 (Ref:3732394)   #4
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the final timetable is slightly different - Juniors are out before Roadsports.
Old 9 May 2017, 06:57 (Ref:3732401)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
I think the final timetable is slightly different - Juniors are out before Roadsports.
Thanks Alan, I wouldn't take that early provisional timetable as gospel! I am fairly certain the GTSCC Q and race are correct though....
Old 11 May 2017, 21:17 (Ref:3732885)   #6
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Timetable https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...-Timetable.pdf

Entry list https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...nal-Trophy.pdf
Old 12 May 2017, 17:01 (Ref:3733033)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Some good grids there!

Interesting that the HSCC call the meeting 'Silverstone International Trophy', but it's being promoted elsewhere as the 'Silverstone Historic Festival'. Perhaps the word 'festival' has had some bearing on the spectator entry prices........
Old 12 May 2017, 21:20 (Ref:3733069)   #8
brands
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Some good grids there!

Interesting that the HSCC call the meeting 'Silverstone International Trophy', but it's being promoted elsewhere as the 'Silverstone Historic Festival'. Perhaps the word 'festival' has had some bearing on the spectator entry prices........

Wasn't the Classic called that in it's wilderness years ?
Old 21 May 2017, 06:57 (Ref:3734823)   #9
brands
Veteran

Hopefully day two will have less weather and the drivers can have more track time. Shame everything got delayed but red flagging/not starting the FF race had to be right, given the amount of standing water.

Good result for Richard Attwood in the 70s roadsports
Old 21 May 2017, 07:50 (Ref:3734838)   #10
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll agree with that Brands, the amount of rain the fell was just biblical! there was no way that the HFF race could have gone ahead. Apart from the that, was a really enjoyable day, could have spent all day just looking round the paddock.
Old 21 May 2017, 13:30 (Ref:3734963)   #11
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Unsettled weather on Saturday, drove home in a torrential downpour, should have been red flagged.

Nothing vey exciting camera wise, but well ......
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0004.jpg   _MG_0069.jpg   _MG_0133.jpg  

_MG_0148.jpg   _MG_0150.jpg   _MG_0214.jpg  

Old 22 May 2017, 07:29 (Ref:3735201)   #12
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you , Bob, for posting the Chevy picture.

Saturday's weather really was a Silverstone special.... after our race, we were being min. weight-checked in Scrutineering at about 3.30 when a giant cloud despatched several trillion tons of water over the circuit. I drove back to my spot in the open-air Outer Paddock, could not get out of the car for ten minutes, just sat there watching all my gear get drenched despite being bagged up in binliners. Clammy, damp drive home and hit another epic rain storm between Oxford and High Wycombe. Dry & sunny back home in West London.

Still, better there than out on the track.
Nick
Old 22 May 2017, 08:42 (Ref:3735213)   #13
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Rain ? I got a bit of sun burn playing cricket
Old 22 May 2017, 10:06 (Ref:3735222)   #14
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliadriver View Post
Thank you , Bob, for posting the Chevy picture.

Saturday's weather really was a Silverstone special.... after our race, we were being min. weight-checked in Scrutineering at about 3.30 when a giant cloud despatched several trillion tons of water over the circuit. I drove back to my spot in the open-air Outer Paddock, could not get out of the car for ten minutes, just sat there watching all my gear get drenched despite being bagged up in binliners. Clammy, damp drive home and hit another epic rain storm between Oxford and High Wycombe. Dry & sunny back home in West London.

Still, better there than out on the track.
Nick
I left after your race Nick, so caught the torrents just outside of Towcester, as you say mega stuff. I have several pics of the Chevvy, and will send a link once I have posted them on my site.

Cheers,

Bob
Old 22 May 2017, 17:28 (Ref:3735306)   #15
brands
Veteran

Constrasting weather on the two days, typical Silverstone.
We 'braved' it out on Luffield terrace cowering under big umbrellas and in full waterproofs so it wasn't too bad. The photos post monsoon, with a soaked track and sunshine, should be interesting. I will try and process them and post a few before heading to Brands on Friday.

Nice to wander through the garages and the huge paddocks.
Unimpressed with the fair or the Army displays, I really can't see the point.
From a spectators* point of view the full GP circuit is simply too long for many of the series running.

*I am aware that in the motorsport hierarchy the view of the spectator is ranked as the lowest of the low.
Old 22 May 2017, 18:41 (Ref:3735321)   #16
Alan Morgan
Veteran

The GP circuit needs big grids to make things interesting. The Historic FF race had a massive grid and should have provided great entertainment but the rain came at just the wrong time.
Old 22 May 2017, 19:55 (Ref:3735332)   #17
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
just a quick one from me, here's my vid from Saturday if anyone interested. For anyone who wasn't there and was wondering how bad the rain was, skip to 14:10 mark!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1RsLK8Z2sU
Old 22 May 2017, 21:10 (Ref:3735344)   #18
brands
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
just a quick one from me, here's my vid from Saturday if anyone interested. For anyone who wasn't there and was wondering how bad the rain was, skip to 14:10 mark!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1RsLK8Z2sU
Great video.
Was able to show the wife how dedicated, or stupid as she put it, we were staying put on the terrace
Old 22 May 2017, 21:25 (Ref:3735347)   #19
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Great video Brands. I love the footage from 15:20 to about 15:55. The HFF field coming round to the start in pleasantly sunny conditions, only to be subsumed in spray and murk.

For those who weren't there, this was a good 20 minutes after the deluge.
Old 23 May 2017, 11:00 (Ref:3735452)   #20
scott19
Rookie

scott19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I joined forces with the HSCC to put a display of Classic Cars on by bringing 50 of my Silverstone Social Classic Car Club members along. This was only on the Sunday. A bias view for me obviously but the spectator response we got was superb, especially in the lunch break- alot of people taking photos and asking questions. I think it gave the paddock an extra dimension. The photos illustrate my point.

Old 23 May 2017, 14:49 (Ref:3735493)   #21
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Was there on Saturday to help me get a feel for the International circuit where we are racing this weekend. Really welcomed the heavy deluge as it had been an early start to drive down and it gave me chance to put my head down for a quick nap in the car My Alfa-racing friends were less than impressed however as the delay to the race and the two laps behind the Safety Car before they were released meant they only got 5 racing laps....and it was a bit slippery
Old 23 May 2017, 20:30 (Ref:3735553)   #22
brands
Veteran

A couple of batchs from Saturday:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0009.jpg   IMG_0111.jpg   IMG_0136.jpg  

IMG_0220.jpg   IMG_0253.jpg   IMG_0382.jpg  

Old 23 May 2017, 20:32 (Ref:3735554)   #23
brands
Veteran

and some damp ones:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0507.jpg   IMG_0515.jpg   IMG_0650.jpg  

IMG_0658.jpg   IMG_0751.jpg   IMG_0840.jpg  

Old 25 May 2017, 20:54 (Ref:3736043)   #24
brands
Veteran

A random selection from Sunday:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0879.jpg   IMG_0990.jpg   IMG_1003.jpg  

IMG_1009.jpg   IMG_1051.jpg   IMG_1294.jpg  

Old 25 May 2017, 20:56 (Ref:3736044)   #25
brands
Veteran

and some from Luffield:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1338.jpg   IMG_1397.jpg   IMG_1456.jpg  

IMG_1506.jpg   IMG_1534.jpg   IMG_1743.jpg