Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 19 Aug 2007, 21:09 (Ref:1992292)   #1
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB
The 2007 BRDC WHT is the first weekend of November.
Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 November 2007.
Full details regarding the seventh-running of the WHT will be released on September 1st.

JEB
The WHT is now being run and organised by HSCC. Only a two day meeting now, the dates are as you say.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 22:48 (Ref:1993195)   #2
JEB
Veteran

JEB has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Chris -

Just to clarify for you, and others reading this post - you are correct in part.

The WHT is still my event, and I am still organising it.

Silverstone Circuits Limited are the commercial partners (supplying the track and other items that are required to host a race meeting), and the HSCC through Grahame White's offices are the permit holding Club who will staff race control and receive the entry forms etc.

The WHT will take place on 3-4 November, a two-day race meeting, with FF1600 testing in sessions on the Friday. This may yet stretch to the Thursday, but I am still working on the available track time.

I can be contacted through the usual outlets for any information regarding the event.

James Beckett
Old 21 Aug 2007, 06:48 (Ref:1993282)   #3
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
James, when you say that it is my event, do you mean that you own the WHT?
Old 21 Aug 2007, 13:31 (Ref:1993637)   #4
Pink Panther
Rookie

Pink Panther should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news the WHT is secure for 2007. Will there be testing available for FF2000 cars invited to the meeting as well as FF1600?

Looking forward to it already roll on November.
Old 27 Aug 2007, 21:02 (Ref:1997950)   #5
Century
Rookie

Century should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James Beckett has organised the WHT since its inception and he has done an excellent job of it too. So in that sense you could say he 'owns' it. I, and I suspect, most people are glad that he does, as otherwise it would probably descend into an expensive shambles.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 18:01 (Ref:1998578)   #6
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've got both dates in the diary so hoping to get to them, been a while since have been to the FFF and made first trip to WHT last year
Old 29 Aug 2007, 06:58 (Ref:1998937)   #7
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Century
James Beckett has organised the WHT since its inception and he has done an excellent job of it too. So in that sense you could say he 'owns' it. I, and I suspect, most people are glad that he does, as otherwise it would probably descend into an expensive shambles.
I was trying to ask if JEB owned the WHT or do the BRDC own the trophy. If JEB owns the WHT then he could run the meeting at another circuit, Mallory Park for instance.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 12:39 (Ref:2002563)   #8
a.bart
Rookie

a.bart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB
The 2007 BRDC WHT is the first weekend of November.
Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 November 2007.
Full details regarding the seventh-running of the WHT will be released on September 1st.

JEB
september 3rd now and cant find any details yet
Old 3 Sep 2007, 21:13 (Ref:2003042)   #9
JEB
Veteran

The entry details for the WHT and the support races are being worked up as I write this reply to the post above.

I can be contacted via my normal email addresses and telephone for details. They will be mailed to all previous competitors and those who have contacted me during the last twelve months.

Entry Forms will also be emailed to those who want them (including support races).

The slight delay on the delivery of forms is that the HSCC (the permit holding Club for the 2007 WHT) are busy with Tour Britannia this week, and we will be completing the very detailed paperwork once that is complete.

It is not worth sending out x2 messages/letters to competitors - it is best to do it all in one hit.

This will also allow me to inform all about the WHT testing that will be available pre-event on November 1-2.

If in doubt, please contact me.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 14:43 (Ref:2018966)   #10
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WHT

How cheaply could I rent a car for the WHT...?
Old 21 Sep 2007, 20:54 (Ref:2020079)   #11
flatbroke
Racer

flatbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not that cheap

Deposit £1500

£300 per day I have been qouted plus insurance tyres entry and running car my self.

I am still looking at that deal but does anyone have any cars to hire for WHT?
Old 24 Sep 2007, 12:58 (Ref:2021720)   #12
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still under heading of WHT.....

Is there going to be an open SS race?

Something I could do in my FRenault?

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 24 Sep 2007, 13:25 (Ref:2021739)   #13
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd be surprised if there was timetable space for that - so far I believe that the Secretary's Challenge and HSCC Open and Closed Wheel races are planned in addition to the main event.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 13:44 (Ref:2021753)   #14
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No "8 Clubs", Ian? Just realised I can't actually make it this year, but the 8 Clubs is one of the best races of the year.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 14:24 (Ref:2021772)   #15
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've not heard that there will be one, but I've not heard that there won't either. According to the HSCC site a timetable should be available anytime now.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 07:26 (Ref:2022322)   #16
Pink Panther
Rookie

Pink Panther should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I undertand there will be a Haggis Trophy race for Clubmans cars as well a FF2000. At least I hope so, got a three car entry planned.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 09:23 (Ref:2022403)   #17
JEB
Veteran

A draft timetable is available from myself, and entry forms for all races are now available. Please contact me via the usual way if you need anything at all.

James
Old 30 Sep 2007, 21:32 (Ref:2027334)   #18
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not been on for a bit but wanted to see who is doing the WHT? DO people like the new format for testing and do people think the more expensive price will still bring in the numbers. I am looking forward to my first FF1600 race of the year and my PA walshy has even booked me a room in the hotel!!!

PS Is the Festival still on?????? Not heard any news about it at all????!!
Old 1 Oct 2007, 11:52 (Ref:2027798)   #19
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm gonna be a bit controversial now, but as much as I love the WHT and I have the utmost respect for JEB and all he has done, I think it is losing a little bit of what it all stands for.

I recently heard of several top flight drivers coming back "for a go" and some of these getting help with entries etc.......

Whilst it's nice to see some of these drivers in the field and I agree it may help to raise the profile of the event, it does detract from what it is about.

I thought it was supposed to be a clubbie event for all the drivers that have been racing in clubbie events all year? The TV footage we have seen in previous years was the same. All we saw were these professional drivers being interviewed about there asperations for the season ahead as opposed to interviews with the clubbies we all know. 2005 turned into the Dave Leslie show.

Keep it real.........
Old 1 Oct 2007, 15:12 (Ref:2027982)   #20
Séamas M.
Racer

Northern Ireland
Lurgan,County Armagh
Séamas M. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to respectfully disagree. Back in the good old days when I competed at Kirkistown we had some races nominated as the Crosslé Challenge, which essentially were a local Formula E series, with a one off drive in a works car at the end of the season as the main prize, and vouchers for spares and other parts from Crosslé for the lesser prizes.

During one of the latter years that this series ran Tommy Reid and Joe Greenan declared their intention to take part, but were blocked by the 500 Club because they wanted to encourage "novices" or low cost racers. Personally I was annoyed by this as I would have looked forward to seeing how much these guys would have beaten me by using cars similar to my own rather than the state of the art machinery they might otherwise have driven. One of the attractions of the Festival at Brands was getting on to the same grid as the current F1 wannabe hotshoes and getting guys like David Leslie and Joey Foster (to name but two) into the WHT only adds to the event in my opinion.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 15:53 (Ref:2028011)   #21
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with what's been said about the TV coverage but the more and bigger the names that turn up the better was really looking forward to being up against Mr Herbert last year, sharing a garage with Mr Foster and Mr Leslie is what it's all about. Now I wonder if I can persuade Peter to sell my car back to me...

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 1 Oct 2007, 16:51 (Ref:2028077)   #22
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think the WHT has been getting stronger and stronger as a great event since I first went in 2004.

Racing against stars like Gordon Shedden, Oli Jarvis and David Leslie, makes the WHT a worthwhile event to turn out at. Just to be able to join 150 FF's at Silverstone is worth racing for! Plus a chance to have a (partially) relaxed weekend racing at the home of British motorsport, have a laugh and enjoy what is for many, the last event of their year.

Its a prestigious trophy to win, and takes alot of time and effort to run a car at its best, possibly this is why many top teams turn out in a professional appearence. Its a chance for FF to be a headline event at a great circuit, and is a real winner as a trophy race.

Any hints as to any big names on the entry list yet JEB?
Old 2 Oct 2007, 11:53 (Ref:2028833)   #23
JEB
Veteran

Entries are coming is as we speak.
No news on celebrity drivers at the moment - so many 'normal' drivers looking for cars it may leave celebrity seats high and dry, but I guess the odd one or two may be around.
If I can help with anything at all WHT please contact me.
Old 2 Oct 2007, 22:28 (Ref:2029427)   #24
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Walshy on the TV coverage as it was silly to have 90% of the coverage dedicated to the people who didnt even race FF1600 until that weekend but it does add some fun to the weekend having "names" racing. Lesley and Vergers are great but lets get Herbert, DC and Irvine back...... now I would enter a shopping cart for that meeting!!!
Old 3 Oct 2007, 06:55 (Ref:2029579)   #25
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I thought a certain club driver got tremendous coverage on the telly last year.

I would imagine all you have to do to get on the telly is start near the back and go like hell. Easy!