Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 29 Jan 2011, 23:58 (Ref:2822498)   #1
Mark-e21
Rookie

Mark-e21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crystal Palace Sprint 2011 - 29th / 30th May

Rather than start a new thread I thought I would post here. I'm hoping to be able to enter myself this year. I know it might be a daft question but will the course remain the same as last years?
Anyway, I have joined S&DMC and my first ever event will be North Weald April 3rd. Mine will be the old e21 BMW so feel free to say hi. I'll be the one trying to balance triple Webers!
Old 7 Feb 2011, 17:17 (Ref:2827334)   #2
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Crystal Palace Sprint 2011 - 29th / 30th May

Regulations and entries are now out for this year's event, available at http://www.motorsportatthepalace.co.uk/competitors.html

More information on the event, including the option to sign up to the newsletter, is available at http://www.motorsportatthepalace.co.uk/

Once again the event is being run in association with Ancaster so thanks to them.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 17:19 (Ref:2827336)   #3
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry Mark, I appear to have missed your post. Yes as far as I know the course is the same. Enjoy North Weald - I can't make it as off elsewhere rallying that weekend, but hope you have a good time! Few years ago there was snow for that event....
Old 7 Feb 2011, 22:52 (Ref:2827490)   #4
Mark-e21
Rookie

Mark-e21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you. I'm sending off my registration tomorrow so fingers crossed I get a place.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 16:05 (Ref:2850078)   #5
Code Red Man.
Rookie

England
Code Red Man. has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-e21 View Post
Rather than start a new thread I thought I would post here. I'm hoping to be able to enter myself this year. I know it might be a daft question but will the course remain the same as last years?
Anyway, I have joined S&DMC and my first ever event will be North Weald April 3rd. Mine will be the old e21 BMW so feel free to say hi. I'll be the one trying to balance triple Webers!
If you need hand I'll be at NW on the 3rd, in a tired Citroen.
Bit of fuel line and an ear-hole can get them pretty close to balance.....
E21 is a great car, bit lively at the rear end so North Weald should be good fun!
Matt@codered.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 21:09 (Ref:2850236)   #6
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Good event. I spectated last year, worth the trip.
Old 22 Mar 2011, 09:11 (Ref:2851051)   #7
SteveMc
Rookie

SteveMc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scruit at North Weald I can Borrow for 10 mins?

Sorry to Hijack the thread....

Hi Suze..

I am competing in my first Sprint event at Lydden on 9th April and wondered if I would be able to get 10 mins with a Scruitineer at North Weald to have a quick run over my car rather than having a panic on the 9th.

I am entered in Class 2 (Standard Roadgoing up to 2000cc) and my car is standard, so (hope) it will just be a quick once over and an all clear.

Do you think this would be OK?

Cheers
Steve
Old 22 Mar 2011, 11:02 (Ref:2851116)   #8
Suze
Veteran

England
Hi Steve, do you want to drop me a PM with your email address? In the meantime I've passed your query on to a couple of the officials of the NW event. Enjoy Lydden!
Old 22 Mar 2011, 16:53 (Ref:2851348)   #9
SteveMc
Rookie

SteveMc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Suze - I will do right now. Many Thanks for the reply...

Regards
Steve
Old 15 May 2011, 20:34 (Ref:2880775)   #10
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see the entry list is now up - looks good.

Anyone have any idea what car parking will be like/will it be possible to park at lunchtime? I'm presuming it will be impossible given the size of the car park!!
Old 16 May 2011, 18:13 (Ref:2881146)   #11
Suze
Veteran

England
Last year parking was on the upper terrace, but whilst it filled up there was still parking at lunchtime ish on the Monday IIRC.
Old 25 May 2011, 07:59 (Ref:2885596)   #12
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for replying Think its probably best to go on the train though.

It seems a bit quiet on here this year, going to be excellent though - a shame I can only make the Sunday afternoon.
Old 25 May 2011, 09:33 (Ref:2885620)   #13
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
NICK ALLISON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am supposed to marshal this event as I did last year but heard or seen nothing ?
Anyone else got tickets/passes?
Old 25 May 2011, 10:21 (Ref:2885650)   #14
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICK ALLISON View Post
I am supposed to marshal this event as I did last year but heard or seen nothing ?
Anyone else got tickets/passes?
As far as I know, nobody has heard a word yet. This is something 7Oaks & DMC need to get on top of for the future. Regular marshals like to have their paperwork, tickets, etc, at least a week before the event, if not earlier, and in this era of emails, social networking sites and 10Tenths there is no reason why marshals cannot be kept in the picture if tickets, event information, etc, are being delayed for whatever reason. I personally have had a number of phone calls, FB messages, and had my ears bent at Brands Hatch at the previous car race meeting, asking me what is going on (and I am not even a member of 7Oaks, nor a senior offical at this meeting).

All I can say is keep the faith. I fully expect to be at CP this weekend.

Last edited by Peter Scillitoe; 25 May 2011 at 10:22. Reason: grammatical error
Old 25 May 2011, 11:03 (Ref:2885668)   #15
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
Thanks Peter .More to the point are the pressures to do other things at the weekends/Bank Holidays.paid work,DIY,family things etc. Just need the organisers to confirm I/ we are required for the event ,and if not I can occupy the long weekend with alternative activities.
Old 25 May 2011, 11:25 (Ref:2885674)   #16
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICK ALLISON View Post
Thanks Peter .More to the point are the pressures to do other things at the weekends/Bank Holidays.paid work,DIY,family things etc. Just need the organisers to confirm I/ we are required for the event ,and if not I can occupy the long weekend with alternative activities.
I fully agree with your comments. All motorsport events these days are in competition with other similar events (this coming weekend, The Masters on the Brands Hatch GP circuit is a prime example) as well as family and work pressures. I know as an occasional CM that clubs now have to 'sell' events to marshals (and part of that means keeping them informed and making sure that they feel wanted) to try and ensure you get the right numbers. There are now only 3 marquee events (BGP, Goodwood Festival & Revival meetings, plus - of course - the dreaded BTCC).

I am sure that Suze will read our recent comments on this thread and pass them on to the organising committee as appropriate.
Old 25 May 2011, 12:31 (Ref:2885698)   #17
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Paperwork, passes, etc., just received in today's post. Hopefully, Nick, yours will be waiting for you at home.

Last edited by Peter Scillitoe; 25 May 2011 at 12:32. Reason: Should have gone to Specsavers
Old 25 May 2011, 17:56 (Ref:2885803)   #18
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
Thanks Peter I look forward to picking them up later in the week.
Old 25 May 2011, 21:31 (Ref:2885893)   #19
Suze
Veteran

England
Yes Peter, just caught up with your comments now - been a loooong day at work! Sorry for the delay, and will pass them on.

Although not involved in the event, if your tickets haven't arrived today let me know - I'll pass on to the appropriate person, or you can email marshals@motorsportatthepalace.co.uk Unfortunately not being involved, I don't know when things are due to be sent out etc and so cannot communicate on that front unless I hear anything, but of course happy to help where I can.
Old 25 May 2011, 22:01 (Ref:2885906)   #20
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Yes Peter, just caught up with your comments now - been a loooong day at work! Sorry for the delay, and will pass them on.

Although not involved in the event, if your tickets haven't arrived today let me know - I'll pass on to the appropriate person, or you can email marshals@motorsportatthepalace.co.uk Unfortunately not being involved, I don't know when things are due to be sent out etc and so cannot communicate on that front unless I hear anything, but of course happy to help where I can.
Suze, many apologies. For some reason I thought you were closely linked to 7Oaks & DMC.
Old 26 May 2011, 13:30 (Ref:2886170)   #21
Suze
Veteran

England
No worries Peter - up until the beginning of April I was on the committee and had been for a few years, but have not been involved in the CP event, but still happy to help / pass on news / comments etc as necessary
Old 30 May 2011, 20:41 (Ref:2888396)   #22
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
results from both days are now posted on the website - the Stohr Le Mans lookalike was fastest both days, but only just... many cars in the smaller cars punching above their weight (for reference, 40 seconds is the magic mark that based on last year is what signified a real good lap).

If you are on that facebook thing, "motorsport at crystal palace" will have many pics & videos shared on it - inluding my pants-changing run in the Nissan GTR pace car

BTW - mother nature clearly loves motorsport but hates me, threatened to rain most of today but didn't until 5 minutes after the final run when I was trying to put my perfectly dry tent away
Old 1 Jun 2011, 18:09 (Ref:2889503)   #23
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
Worked out in the end.Good couple of days ,good variety of cars , nice surroundings,nice weather and 15 minutes from home .A pleasure .
Old 9 Jun 2011, 19:41 (Ref:2894627)   #24
duckspeed racing
Rookie

duckspeed racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Guys and girls this is my first post one here so be gentle

crystal palace was a great event i thoroughly enjoyed it competing on the sunday and marshalling on the monday

i was wondering whether anyone has any links to pictures of the event i have looked on the palace website and have contacted the photographer form gridshots and got a file from him but was wondering whether there are any others anywhere

my car is the Blue and cream Standard Vanguard i know unusual as a race car

cheers
Old 9 Jun 2011, 22:51 (Ref:2894803)   #25
tim dodwell
Racer

tim dodwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to ten tenths Richard. Have only seen the one lot of photos of the Palace (which had good pics of your car). Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself - am sure most spectators appreciated seeing your old bus.