Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 11 Dec 2014, 10:35 (Ref:3484014)   #151
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Ryan Eversley is gonna announce his plans for next year today... he's been with Honda a long time and has left his old team Compass 360 after those moved to Audis in CTSSC for next year.

Might not be a coincidence...
Old 11 Dec 2014, 15:00 (Ref:3484101)   #152
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like he's gonna drive the Acuras. Good for him, but I was hoping for something more.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 16:06 (Ref:3484123)   #153
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the Real Time announcement today, here's the latest GT/GT-A entry list tracker

http://nasportscar.com/entry-list-so...-gtgt-a-class/

I'm expecting to update this one more time today
Old 12 Dec 2014, 01:36 (Ref:3484264)   #154
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
***McLaren GT Managing Director Andrew Kirkaldy confirmed to Sportscar365 that K-PAX Racing has purchased two brand-new McLaren 650S GT3s for Pirelli World Challenge, to go along with its current pair of MP4-12C GT3s that it could also run as part of an expanded effort in 2015. More news on K-PAX’s plans is expected to be revealed in the next two weeks.
From John Dagys at the Gulf 12 Hour. I know McLaren was working on a GTD spec for the 12C GT3, maybe this will involve a TUSC program?
Old 12 Dec 2014, 02:22 (Ref:3484267)   #155
BullMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
From John Dagys at the Gulf 12 Hour. I know McLaren was working on a GTD spec for the 12C GT3, maybe this will involve a TUSC program?
That would be a massive waste of money for just one year. I don't see it happening, especially when they're launching the new car.
Old 12 Dec 2014, 10:39 (Ref:3484350)   #156
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
K-Pax will have both 2x 650S GT3s and 2x 12C GT3s to use how they please, just throwing out an idea....
Old 15 Dec 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3485223)   #157
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT Cup entry list tracker http://nasportscar.com/entry-list-so...enge-gt-cup-2/

Talking about KPax, they announced running the 650s a few months ago in a Racer.com report (I think). I would not be surprised to see KPax do endurance racing in the near future, but not in 2015. But hey, I've been wrong before.
Old 16 Dec 2014, 21:40 (Ref:3485609)   #158
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Bob Stallings Racing to GTS in 2015..the car they are racing should be announced shortly..but it is very interesting
Old 16 Dec 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3485617)   #159
BullMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
Bob Stallings Racing to GTS in 2015..the car they are racing should be announced shortly..but it is very interesting
Conti-spec Camaro Z28 with a wing? GTS is a GT4 category and Conti GS is also a (modified) GT4 category.
Old 16 Dec 2014, 23:33 (Ref:3485636)   #160
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Conti-spec Camaro Z28 with a wing? GTS is a GT4 category and Conti GS is also a (modified) GT4 category.
Hyundai.
Old 18 Dec 2014, 03:13 (Ref:3485944)   #161
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Hyundai.
http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...ai-pwc-effort/
Old 19 Dec 2014, 18:26 (Ref:3486504)   #162
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's been referenced on another thread, but not here; Flying Lizard and KPAX are joining forces to run the 650s in 2015.

http://www.lizardms.com/news/releases/2014/dec-18.html

I'm a bit bummed we're not getting both KPAX McLarens and Lizard Audis, but the cars should definitely be front runners, so it should be awesome!

On a side note, Seth Neiman is stepping away from the driver's seat:
Quote:
"This is an exciting next step in the evolution of Flying Lizard," said Flying Lizard Motorsports Founder Seth Neiman. "Though I will be stepping back from driving, I look forward to the team's focus on building a great program with K-PAX. They've put together a consistently solid program, and have proven they have what it takes to win."
He's had a good long driving career, in some of the coolest GT cars on the planet.
Old 19 Dec 2014, 21:33 (Ref:3486535)   #163
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
3 GT-A Mercs for Dragonspeed, plus a GT Cup entry...
Old 19 Dec 2014, 21:54 (Ref:3486539)   #164
BullMan
Veteran

PWC is going to have to hold their races at the Nordschleife if the numbers get much bigger. Wow. This is amazing. Now if I could just get native Chromecast support with their broadcast streams!
Old 21 Dec 2014, 18:00 (Ref:3486927)   #165
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
3 GT-A Mercs for Dragonspeed, plus a GT Cup entry...
Awesome news! It will be great to see more gullwing Mercedes racing.
I'll kinda miss the Swedish flag liveried Ferrari though.
Old 21 Dec 2014, 20:04 (Ref:3486962)   #166
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
PWC is going to have to hold their races at the Nordschleife if the numbers get much bigger. Wow. This is amazing. Now if I could just get native Chromecast support with their broadcast streams!
The race teams are doing that part. Its now up to the series organizers My biggest pet peeve is the standing starts. Those DO NOT WORK for GT cars. Leave that for the single seaters. I can't overstate how much I despise the standing starts in PWC. Cars get damaged unnecessarily too. It is just not fair. It cost the McLarens and Bentleys big time at some races too this year. It has to go away. I'll challenge anybody to a debate about this and you won't win the argument.. There is no benefit to standing starts for PWC whatsoever.
Old 21 Dec 2014, 23:10 (Ref:3487009)   #167
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This has all the makings of a train wreck. Running before you can walk is never a good idea.
Old 22 Dec 2014, 01:08 (Ref:3487034)   #168
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezPutz View Post
This has all the makings of a train wreck. Running before you can walk is never a good idea.
Clearly you didn't watch World Challenge last season.
Old 22 Dec 2014, 01:19 (Ref:3487038)   #169
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
The race teams are doing that part. Its now up to the series organizers My biggest pet peeve is the standing starts. Those DO NOT WORK for GT cars. Leave that for the single seaters. I can't overstate how much I despise the standing starts in PWC. Cars get damaged unnecessarily too. It is just not fair. It cost the McLarens and Bentleys big time at some races too this year. It has to go away. I'll challenge anybody to a debate about this and you won't win the argument.. There is no benefit to standing starts for PWC whatsoever.
When it works, the standing starts are really cool. I don't think standing starts for sports cars is a new thing, as a lot of racing in the 50's and 60's featured a Lemans or a standing start.
That being said, I do agree, that the risk is not worth the reward.
I'm curious how the new format with split GT/GTS races, will work out.
Old 22 Dec 2014, 03:04 (Ref:3487051)   #170
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
When it works, the standing starts are really cool. I don't think standing starts for sports cars is a new thing, as a lot of racing in the 50's and 60's featured a Lemans or a standing start.
That being said, I do agree, that the risk is not worth the reward.
I'm curious how the new format with split GT/GTS races, will work out.
The majority of the full course yellows in 2014 were caused by GTS cars. So I think the split is a great thing.
Old 22 Dec 2014, 14:35 (Ref:3487159)   #171
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
My biggest pet peeve is the standing starts. Those DO NOT WORK for GT cars. Leave that for the single seaters. I can't overstate how much I despise the standing starts in PWC. Cars get damaged unnecessarily too. It is just not fair. It cost the McLarens and Bentleys big time at some races too this year. It has to go away. I'll challenge anybody to a debate about this and you won't win the argument.. There is no benefit to standing starts for PWC whatsoever.
The benefit is that it's different from a lot of other series, but there are multiple GT and Touring car series that use standing starts - WTCC, Aussie V8 SuperCars and more. Yes, it sometimes causes incidents, but that happens in every series at race starts, even those that don't use stand starts. The only reason it might not be "working" in PWC is b/c GT3 cars don't come with a standard launch control like the PWC Spec GT cars did. (one reason why Caddy will again dominate starts in 2015). For the most part, the starts have been fun and exciting and working. If any changes should occur, get rid of launch control completely and at the tracks that allow it, spread the cars out a little more on the standing grid. I have to give credit to Jeff Courtney for that idea.
Old 22 Dec 2014, 15:12 (Ref:3487166)   #172
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
The benefit is that it's different from a lot of other series, but there are multiple GT and Touring car series that use standing starts - WTCC, Aussie V8 SuperCars and more. Yes, it sometimes causes incidents, but that happens in every series at race starts, even those that don't use stand starts. The only reason it might not be "working" in PWC is b/c GT3 cars don't come with a standard launch control like the PWC Spec GT cars did. (one reason why Caddy will again dominate starts in 2015). For the most part, the starts have been fun and exciting and working. If any changes should occur, get rid of launch control completely and at the tracks that allow it, spread the cars out a little more on the standing grid. I have to give credit to Jeff Courtney for that idea.
I cannot think of one. And I share the opinion that the standing starts have caused too much havoc the past season, with more powerful cars at the start this coming season it might become worse, hopefully PWC is in close and continuous contact with their teams on this one.

Moving starts will also prevent any technical changes to be made to the cars (getting rid of launch control) - which keeps the cars in the specs that they come and makes more economical sense anyway.
Old 22 Dec 2014, 15:14 (Ref:3487167)   #173
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
I should have said it's different from a lot of other GT3 series.

Here's Jeff Courtney's take on some PWC things: http://nasportscar.com/checking-in-with-jeff-courtney/
Old 23 Dec 2014, 17:58 (Ref:3487447)   #174
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
LG Motorsport (Lou Gigliotti) to enter 3 Aston Martins - 2 GT4s in GTS and 1 GT3 car in GT.

http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...in-pwc-effort/

PWC could see more entries in their GT(A)-GT Cup races than IMSA - even at Daytona!
Old 23 Dec 2014, 23:03 (Ref:3487518)   #175
Coach Ep
Veteran

Confirmation of Scuderia Corse's participation: 3 cars including one part-time for 10/10s 'own' Mike Hedlund!

http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...or-pwc-season/

Care to inform us which rounds you'll be contesting Mike?