Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 May 2016, 07:31 (Ref:3644029)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
E U Base for Historic race car preparers

Been talking about this for sometime . Now makes a lot of sence . I like others are spending so much time abroad the idea of an E U base camp would make sence . So. Any idea's . The ideal situation would be someone who already has a race shop with space to let . Would need truck parking and storage for around ten race cars . I would guess not to far from where we are now in Caen . Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Old 24 May 2016, 09:25 (Ref:3644041)   #2
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aren't MSV developing Laon Autodrome in northern France with the hope of having space for race / engineering teams? Maybe Mr Palmer will do a deal!
Old 24 May 2016, 10:49 (Ref:3644049)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Good Idea, Gary! D'you think JP does mates rates?
Old 24 May 2016, 12:12 (Ref:3644058)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Good Idea, Gary! D'you think JP does mates rates?
Wouldn't that be dependent on him having mates?
Old 24 May 2016, 12:21 (Ref:3644060)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Moderators moderators . Gone of subject already . Hang one of you started going off the thread .
Old 24 May 2016, 13:52 (Ref:3644080)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They're uncontrollable, Iain. Come on chaps, save your off topic humour for Mr Deltas Diary.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 24 May 2016, 14:39 (Ref:3644086)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Largely depends on where you go to most Iain.Then you can decide on the area most circuits are easier to get to.
Example,my stuff is here,Spa and Hochenheim.In fact I can be at Spa or Hochenheim in an hour for each.So working at the Ring is a bonus for me.Whichever way you see it the big bonus is not having to use the Fuel Rich area of Calais.
Old 24 May 2016, 14:55 (Ref:3644088)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Open to discussion Tel . Like you I've got two Spa meetings , two Nurburgring . A couple of Dijon trips then Assen . Zandvoort twice , Monza and so on . I have stayed at Leon that would make sence . Only a couple of hours from Calais . Not sure JP remembers me from the old Modsport days but worth a go.
Old 24 May 2016, 16:49 (Ref:3644133)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zandvort is an easy run from here as well Iain.Zolder easier the Zandvort.It is so nice never having to worry about the ferry again.
Another thing to consider is property prices abroad.Around half the selling price of an average type house in uk would see you with the space you specify,including a house!