Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Oct 2000, 10:24 (Ref:42116)   #1
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

...the race is on as to who will finish last.

So who is it going to be? Minardi or Prost? One race to go, zero points all round, one car dismally underpowered and another prone to going pop.

Currently Minardi are in 10th in the championship by virtue of some 8th places from Gene and Mazzacane.

Prost on the other hand seem to be unable to get a car across the finish line.

It's blue vs. yellow, France vs. Italy, Minardi vs. Prost!

Who's it gonna be?????
Old 10 Oct 2000, 11:53 (Ref:42129)   #2
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it will be a tie, if such a thing is possible. Minardi's car is so hopelessly under-powered that the only chance they have of getting points is if the rest of the field crashes.

But...

If that did happen, at least their car would get to the finish. Prost's cars couldn't score if they were the only ones on the track because their engine would blow anyway, the same as it does every race.

Old 10 Oct 2000, 12:18 (Ref:42135)   #3
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that the chances are bigger for minardi, but just coz their car is better, on the other hand prost have better drivers, or at least one, alesi. So for now I will go with prost, if the engine does not blow up.
Old 10 Oct 2000, 12:19 (Ref:42136)   #4
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, Minardi Fan, will they have the Supertec engines next year? I certainly hope so, since that should be better than the aged Cosworths. And with Arrows going with Peugeot engines (look at all the Prost problems), who knows, they might just get off the back row.
Old 10 Oct 2000, 12:45 (Ref:42145)   #5
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey MF...the day you let Schuey in your yello gazebos they will win!!!....JOKE.

One things for sure...2001's gonna be gr8 for Minardi with the supertechs...btw whos drivin Gene's car?

And also after reading about Mazzacane's attitude, the man doesnt deserve to be in F1.
Old 10 Oct 2000, 20:34 (Ref:42219)   #6
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
What's up with Mazzacane's attitude?
Old 10 Oct 2000, 21:20 (Ref:42232)   #7
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's no way any of the Prosts are going to finish...

...well eighth or better in the last race. The last place in the WCC will go to Prost. And I second Ralf's Girls' question about Mazzacane, what's he said?
Old 10 Oct 2000, 21:54 (Ref:42235)   #8
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

When daddy's pockets are stuffed with dollars, it seems you can say what you like. Rude Mr Mazzer, no just critacal, how much for 2001 ??

SL
Old 10 Oct 2000, 22:46 (Ref:42254)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Maybe we can all write e-mail to Bernie to lobby for Minardi to get the experimental Renault engine for trial. If the damn thing holds together, Minardi could make the podium. Oh!! Joy!!!
Old 10 Oct 2000, 22:53 (Ref:42258)   #10
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The sorry thing that no one has commented upon Prost's dreadful decline. This is a team that won a race 4 years ago and three years ago was still capable of leading races. I hope to heck that Alain Prost is able to turn things around; last of eleven is pathetic. Minardi has done so much more with less talented drivers and a lot less money. Not to disparage Mr. Gene, M-fan, but Nicky H. has shown himself to be quite quick against the esteemed Mr. Alesi.
Old 10 Oct 2000, 23:03 (Ref:42261)   #11
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
EERO, I think that Peugeot has always promised great things in F1, and never delivered. Then they just did nothing this year, and to make it even worse, the engines kept blowing up. I agree with you - it is sad to see Alain treated this way. Pity he could not get a factory deal with Renault next year - that would really be a one up for Renault against old rivals Peugeot.
Old 11 Oct 2000, 20:24 (Ref:42415)   #12
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
The thing is that Prost GP have never won a race. They only did well in F1 as Ligier (1997, of course, it was a Ligier-built car with the Prost name) and as soon as they started to build their own cars they began to perform poorly. Don't know about everyone else, but I spotted a pattern there...
Old 11 Oct 2000, 21:16 (Ref:42432)   #13
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All I can say is that, whoever finishes the season last in the Manufacturers Championship will have tried their best at scoring points and will do it with dignity.

Think back to last year. Craig Pillock -- Pollock -- said that BAR would win everything before the season started. At the end of the season, no points on the board, we all laughed in unison at them. That team is much better this season and their collective ego has also shrunk.

As for Prost and Minardi, well, we'll not laugh at them. They both deserve better. I'm a little biased towards Alain's team, as he's probably my all-time favourite F1 driver, but for Minardi to still be in F1, let alone running in every race, is amazing.

Let's hope that Minardi's new engines allow them to be more competitive and that Prost's Ferrari units will hold together for more than the odd lap here or there...
Old 11 Oct 2000, 22:13 (Ref:42441)   #14
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia

Megatron has a very interesting post at Atlas. Apparently rumours have it that Minardi have not yet signed with Supertec, and there is a good chance that they might get the Mugen Honda engine as Honda don't want to give up Mugen yet. Well, that will really set the cat among the pidgeons. What have you heard, MF??
Old 11 Oct 2000, 22:17 (Ref:42444)   #15
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we are so used to seeing Minardi last that if they started being more compatitive all of a sudden some of the tradition would be gone! LOL

xxx
C
Old 13 Oct 2000, 19:04 (Ref:42777)   #16
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be great news if that rumour held truth, Valve. The Minardi chassis is pretty good (or so I'm told), and if they could get Mugen Honda engine they might be able to reach the level of this year's Jordan in terms of competitiveness. Now Jordan by the standards they set last year have been pretty disappointing this year, but for Minardi that would be a huge step forward. I really hope this will happen.