Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jun 2010, 02:20 (Ref:2707043)   #51
rdt012237
Rookie

United States
somewhere,I think?
rdt012237 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just saw the pic's over at Racer.com for the first time. All the new tech aside It honestly looks like a failed design concept for that old "Dick Tracy " movie with Warren Beaty. I mean c'mon the Edsel was Miss America in comparison!
Old 9 Jun 2010, 02:29 (Ref:2707045)   #52
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I like it! Its not to everyone's tastes and I wouldnt say its classically beautiful but then again Panoz are good in that they certainly stand apart in the looks department. Glad to hear that PTG will be racing this, great news, cant wait til the first racer hits the track.

I see in the pics on E-I that Dr Ulrich seems interested......
Clearly Dr. Ulrich is being polite...
Old 9 Jun 2010, 02:37 (Ref:2707046)   #53
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
because it is the car from my back yard, hopefully i'll find it more attractive in person, but it looks gaudy. i'm glad not everyone thinks it is ugly. it does have it's good angles, but still....

just had the chance to read a little about the Abruzzi through the articles linked here. the concept and the inspiration of the "spirit of LM" is pretty cool and i do like the "mad" new technologies thrown in a street car but this caught my eye:

Quote:
road-legal in Europe and many countries of Asia, the Middle East and South America.
the car ain't legal in the US! that doesn't make since or does it?
Old 9 Jun 2010, 02:58 (Ref:2707050)   #54
rdt012237
Rookie

United States
somewhere,I think?
rdt012237 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quoting feildofdreams- "the car ain't legal in the US! that doesn't make since or does it?" Dot rule.regs and most importantly CRASH TESTING would make a pauper out of even Don Panoz.And for a intentionally limited production run out of the question.Ive read on this forum somewhere that Panoz had lost the ability to sell one model in the U.S. because the gov. would not let them "piggyback" on the Ford Mustang's certifacation anymore.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 03:59 (Ref:2707061)   #55
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
Clearly Dr. Ulrich is being polite...
Old 9 Jun 2010, 05:33 (Ref:2707072)   #56
Racer

6157 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm taking down names in this thread and if any of those names ever call a DP ugly, I'm going to tack this thread to their forehead.

If Panoz was going this exotic, why not just do another LMP roadster?
Old 9 Jun 2010, 05:43 (Ref:2707074)   #57
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I called the Dallara and second generation Crawford DPs ugly just the other day, on the GA boards no less.

Doing a GT means they can sell some road cars (81 to be exact), and they can sell the racing cars for probably just half the price of an LMP, or perhaps even less than that. You also can't put a rumbling V8 in an LMP1 after this year, so the ONLY way to use that engine in ACO racing for 2011 is to do a GT.

Interesting side note here. The Elan group is getting some odd bed fellows, as the LMPC cars and the Abruzzi are using Chevy LS power, but now, they're also going to be doing the engine program for the Robertson Ford GT.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2707151)   #58
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Since Mid '08, Roush/Yates has taken over the program, and even for the Esperante, Roush/Yates has been main engine builder since '06. Elan tunes and distributes the engines, and the Esperante/Ford GT is a slightly more restricted version of the Ford 5.0 Cammer DP engine.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 11:12 (Ref:2707185)   #59
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
I really hope it's quick when it his the track in GT2 form- because it certainly won't be pretty...
Old 9 Jun 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2707216)   #60
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I honestly can't tell how ugly or not it is by the pictures. I guess I'll just have to wait until Petit to find out first hand. And by then the bodywork may be slightly different for the racing version.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 15:32 (Ref:2707402)   #61
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
It is timeless

The roofline from the back reminds me of the '30's French and Italian aero cars, like Alfa, Voisin, a Bugatti. Or not.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 15:45 (Ref:2707423)   #62
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reminds me of the Supercar from the Xbox 360 game Crackdown.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 17:13 (Ref:2708457)   #63
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like how it looks from the side, like an Esperante almost, but I'm not feeling the front and back at all. However, I have little doubt of its performance come debut time. PTG has always had fast cars.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 02:42 (Ref:2712341)   #64
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post

Interesting side note here. The Elan group is getting some odd bed fellows, as the LMPC cars and the Abruzzi are using Chevy LS power, but now, they're also going to be doing the engine program for the Robertson Ford GT.
FWIW, EPP used to build the engines for Rafenelli's Ferrari.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 09:18 (Ref:2712458)   #65
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Had a good look at it in the village and I like it.

Had qa feel of the old LMP car about it and the wing(door) mirrors are very different, back is very clssic looking and the cut in doors a brilliant idea.

The batmobile for those that can afford it and i wish I could find the cash.

much better looking in the flesh than the earlier pictures indicated.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2712736)   #66
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too saw it in the village - beyond ugly and huge. Front end looks like an overgrown double stacked Hoover vacuum cleaner. It looks like it belongs in Grand Am.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 19:16 (Ref:2712752)   #67
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I saw it in the village too , and I cant possibily imagine how they will make it look nice as a GT car !!!
Old 1 Oct 2010, 23:02 (Ref:2767988)   #68
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amazing that this thread was never bumped until now, because the Abruzzi is apparently supposed to be on the PLM grid.
Old 2 Oct 2010, 00:05 (Ref:2767998)   #69
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Panoz will be in the grid or not?
Old 2 Oct 2010, 04:53 (Ref:2768036)   #70
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Has anybody even seen the race chassis? we were promised it would turn laps by Panoz himself ans i never saw it on track today.
Old 2 Oct 2010, 05:04 (Ref:2768038)   #71
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe its invisible? Not like my eyes would complain..
Old 2 Oct 2010, 06:03 (Ref:2768042)   #72
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Sources tell me that it is the odds on favourite to win GT(2). While we have not seen any pictures of the car, nor has it appeared on timing and scoring, sources close to the program tell us that it has actually run in all sessions so far. The very high technology car, that has been built in conjunction with EPP, Panoz, Multimatic and the EPA is equipped with a cloaking device. Unfortunately the cloaking device has interferred with Timing and Scoring to date, but that, we are told, will be rectified for tomorrow. The car is capable of running 1:18's as demonstrated today, and can do so with a much smaller carbon footprint than the competitors.

I think we should look forward to this great car competiting tomorrow.
Old 2 Oct 2010, 06:18 (Ref:2768044)   #73
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Its always the cloaking device...tsk tsk

Good to hear the car's on the pace though.
Old 2 Oct 2010, 08:24 (Ref:2768060)   #74
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Sources tell me that it is the odds on favourite to win GT(2). While we have not seen any pictures of the car, nor has it appeared on timing and scoring, sources close to the program tell us that it has actually run in all sessions so far. The very high technology car, that has been built in conjunction with EPP, Panoz, Multimatic and the EPA is equipped with a cloaking device. Unfortunately the cloaking device has interferred with Timing and Scoring to date, but that, we are told, will be rectified for tomorrow. The car is capable of running 1:18's as demonstrated today, and can do so with a much smaller carbon footprint than the competitors.

I think we should look forward to this great car competiting tomorrow.
Wow........built by Romulans and driven by Harry Potter. Perhaps RSR should have taken a similarly cunning approach!
Old 2 Oct 2010, 12:16 (Ref:2768114)   #75
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gasp! The car really is a spirit!