Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Jun 2023, 11:16 (Ref:4159297)   #3151
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
One of the things that I've noticed over the last few months is just how good this place is. Ten Tenths, I mean. I think we're entitled to blow our own trumpets.

Due to the tickets debacle this year I've spent quite a lot of time visiting a couple of other boards, one of which is virtually 'dead' in comparison. I know I'm a moderator here so I'm naturally biased, but we have the best resource and communication device anywhere on the net here..... (and without all of the utter tripe that you get on other social media!)...
I don't spend any time on other forums but I do like coming here!
Old 2 Jun 2023, 18:31 (Ref:4159369)   #3152
JimBeam
Rookie

JimBeam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im still haunted by that car park sticker thing... Just received an email where they apologize they didnt send them out because they received them to late or whatever. And now i have to collect it at the Welcome Center 24H Le Mans located in Changé. Adress: Boulevard des Ravalières – 72560 Changé

But according to google maps that puts me in small industrial area a bit west of Le Mans? Nothing there looks like it could be a welcome centre for anything, also why is it not just at the circuit? Im so lost here
Old 2 Jun 2023, 18:40 (Ref:4159370)   #3153
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I suppose it is to avoid queing at the front main gate. Almost impossible to park there. The Welcome you/they mention must be éphémère, not be be confused with the other permanent Welcome or the circuit.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 21:26 (Ref:4159403)   #3154
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Changé is where some of the RLM commentators stay (or used to stay). I'm not sure I've ever passed through there....
Old 3 Jun 2023, 04:30 (Ref:4159425)   #3155
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam View Post
Im still haunted by that car park sticker thing... Just received an email where they apologize they didnt send them out because they received them to late or whatever. And now i have to collect it at the Welcome Center 24H Le Mans located in Changé. Adress: Boulevard des Ravalières – 72560 Changé

But according to google maps that puts me in small industrial area a bit west of Le Mans? Nothing there looks like it could be a welcome centre for anything, also why is it not just at the circuit? Im so lost here
You really couldn't make this stuff up!

The ACO have excelled in their 'desperately trying to cover up for our disastrous organisational incompetence' excuses and solutions to issues they have caused for punters this year. Extraordinary.

Furthermore, I note from the email that the Changé 'Welcome Center' is only open for sticker collection today, tomorrow and Monday. I'm wondering are all car parks open free of charge for Test Day tomorrow? And what happens if you haven't collected your sticker by Monday?

I think I'm going to go and have a little look for this place this morning, before heading into town for scrutineering.

What fun, like going on a treasure hunt!
Old 3 Jun 2023, 06:03 (Ref:4159434)   #3156
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Opening hours from the email

OPENING HOURS:
Saturday 3 June: 8:00 - 12:00 & 13:00 - 19:00
Sunday 4 June: 08:00 - 14:00
Monday 5 June to Saturday 10 June: 08:00 - 19:00

Pretty annoying for me. I will get there too late on Wednesday to collect mine so will have to pick up on Thursday. That means taking my chances with the free parking for Wednesday night practice. Might try my luck at Mulsanne instead.
Old 3 Jun 2023, 07:11 (Ref:4159446)   #3157
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post

OPENING HOURS:

Pretty annoying for me. I will get there too late on Wednesday to collect mine so will have to pick up on Thursday. That means taking my chances with the free parking for Wednesday night practice. Might try my luck at Mulsanne instead.
Mulsanne/Arnage parking -

"Ticket valid from Friday, 9th to Sunday, 11th FREE OF CHARGE DURING THE PRACTICE SESSIONS (Wednesday, 7th and Thursday, 8th)."
Old 3 Jun 2023, 19:07 (Ref:4159557)   #3158
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Mulsanne/Arnage parking -

"Ticket valid from Friday, 9th to Sunday, 11th FREE OF CHARGE DURING THE PRACTICE SESSIONS (Wednesday, 7th and Thursday, 8th)."
Yes please
Old 3 Jun 2023, 20:36 (Ref:4159572)   #3159
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome center to pick up your parking sticker.....I picked up my parking stickers , it was at a industrial Garage looking place not very well signed and practically not to find if I didn't have instructions from Tenthers I met at scruteneering. Well done ACO.
Old 4 Jun 2023, 03:55 (Ref:4159596)   #3160
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Welcome center to pick up your parking sticker.....I picked up my parking stickers , it was at a industrial Garage looking place not very well signed and practically not to find if I didn't have instructions from Tenthers I met at scruteneering. Well done ACO.
Glad you found it, I'll have another bash at finding it this morning or tomorrow at some point.

I spent an hour driving around Changé on a wild goose chase yesterday morning which, whilst very pleasant and quite entertaining, did not result in me picking up my parking sticker.

Thanks must go to Stephane, Eric's (Batmobile on here) brother who bailed us out at scrutineering and is the only person I'm aware of who's successfully completed the ACO's very excellent centenary parking sticker treasure hunt.

I'll try to post a little more detail and some landmark references on here once I've actually found the place myself.
Old 4 Jun 2023, 04:01 (Ref:4159597)   #3161
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:

OPENING HOURS:

Sorry Mike, bad info, I've awarded myself an E- for reading and transposition.
Old 4 Jun 2023, 05:08 (Ref:4159604)   #3162
Mike E
Veteran

Apology accepted
Old 4 Jun 2023, 07:06 (Ref:4159612)   #3163
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Apology accepted
On the plus side, I just blagged my way into Expo with my printout only, I pointed to where it says it's to be swapped for a sticker at the gate and explained that it's not my fault that they don't have the necessary sticker to exchange with my printout. I was waved through, thankfully. You might have similar luck on Wednesday evening, we won't be the only ones to arrive without a sticker for sure.
Old 4 Jun 2023, 13:39 (Ref:4159699)   #3164
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Different ticketing issue going back to the re-downloading stuff.

I ordered two GA tickets + GS back when they went on sale. Nothing had changed on Friday when I re-downloaded them as instructed by the ACO. Today one of my tickets has completely changed (both QR code and the long billet number). The other one is still just the same.

So I've no idea whether the second one will change now at some point. Just annoying and the last thing you want the day you're leaving. The QR codes across both tickets were originally identical, so I can see the initial issue.
Old 4 Jun 2023, 13:52 (Ref:4159707)   #3165
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh for the good old days of 'physical' tickets. Our GA/GS tickets are all hard copy as are our parking tickets other than my one Expo which I have a sticker for. They're going to need to get their act together good and proper if they intend to move to all e-ticketing in the future.
Old 4 Jun 2023, 16:38 (Ref:4159759)   #3166
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tickets from agencies still seem to the old style printed tickets.
Old 4 Jun 2023, 16:39 (Ref:4159760)   #3167
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone else at the track had problems with there downloaded tickets? I downloaded them last week as ACO told me to, that was a coincidence cause I called them regarding my parking tickets. Today they had a hard time scanning them and also could not scan out because the scanner couldn't read my tickets, I got the feeling it happened more than once today. I'm confident at all, what a mess.
Old 5 Jun 2023, 05:04 (Ref:4159913)   #3168
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Anyone else at the track had problems with there downloaded tickets? I downloaded them last week as ACO told me to, that was a coincidence cause I called them regarding my parking tickets. Today they had a hard time scanning them and also could not scan out because the scanner couldn't read my tickets, I got the feeling it happened more than once today. I'm confident at all, what a mess.
My experience was all good yesterday, but I witnessed several people who were clearly having issues with e-tickets and one lady using a mobile ticket.

I'm going to have another go at the parking sticker treasure hunt this morning, before heading to the museum.
Old 5 Jun 2023, 09:33 (Ref:4159970)   #3169
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Maybe try and download them again to your phone because mine changed two days after they made the announcement to re-download. So they clearly weren't ready or there was a backlog that took time. It's going to be rough I think.
Old 5 Jun 2023, 10:27 (Ref:4159984)   #3170
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
This is why you shouldn't always rely on technology and why we still use physical means like tickets and money. Sometimes there's just no substitute for physical measures, especially when the technology goes down
Old 5 Jun 2023, 11:27 (Ref:4159998)   #3171
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I'm going to have another go at the parking sticker treasure hunt this morning, before heading to the museum.
Success, I have parking stickers.

They've made things much easier, the location is properly signposted now with large bright fluorescent yellow signs. Once you get to Boulevard des Ravalieres you'll find the location not far from the roundabout at the Super U end of the Bvd.

Very strange experience/set up, two girls (who've been hung out to dry and have to take the flack from angry punters) standing behind a small camping table in the entrance to a large lock up storage unit in a light industrial park.
Old 5 Jun 2023, 13:46 (Ref:4160023)   #3172
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Getting in the mood, watching Steve McQueen's Le Mans on DVD now. More excited by the prospect of this years race than for a long time, The fight for the top class win, Ferrari, Cadillac and Porsche back particularly excites me as does the Garage 56 NASCAR entry...........
Old 5 Jun 2023, 13:49 (Ref:4160024)   #3173
JimBeam
Rookie

JimBeam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Success, I have parking stickers.

They've made things much easier, the location is properly signposted now with large bright fluorescent yellow signs. Once you get to Boulevard des Ravalieres you'll find the location not far from the roundabout at the Super U end of the Bvd.

Very strange experience/set up, two girls (who've been hung out to dry and have to take the flack from angry punters) standing behind a small camping table in the entrance to a large lock up storage unit in a light industrial park.
Thank you, atleast i know what im looking for now. Hope it wont be too busy on wednesday.
Old 5 Jun 2023, 16:21 (Ref:4160058)   #3174
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like we have a new honorary starter - LeBron James!

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...-mans-starter/
Old 5 Jun 2023, 17:14 (Ref:4160086)   #3175
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
24 Hrs of LeBron. Is this why we had new NBA ? ( New Ballast Allocations ).