Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Jul 2011, 15:58 (Ref:2929475)   #51
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanza View Post
In my opinion, if a driver goes off the track/stops/slows/whatever and then attempts to rejoin, it is that driver's responsibility to safely rejoin the race.
It's not just your opinion. It's what the rules say. If a car left the track, rejoining is allowed provided that no advantage will be gained and it is safe to do so.
Old 21 Jul 2011, 16:59 (Ref:2929484)   #52
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by picchiofan View Post
If that's your criteria, then NASCAR sprint cup is the biggest endurance series in the world. Those guys run 800 hp front engined beasts with no real ventilation, poor aero, and 3-4 hour stints at a time.
That's what John Hindhaugh finds interesting about NASCAR, that and having to work on your car as the race goes on to remain competitive. It's also what attracted me to the series when I used to watch almost every race a few years ago.

Chris
Old 21 Jul 2011, 17:07 (Ref:2929487)   #53
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanza View Post
In my opinion, if a driver goes off the track/stops/slows/whatever and then attempts to rejoin, it is that driver's responsibility to safely rejoin the race.

Not meaning it as a shot at Auberlen, it was a tough spot for him and there wasn't much room, but Milner was on the racing line and moving at race pace, it was Auberlen's job to make sure he was not banging into the side of someone whilst attempting to re-enter the racing line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
It's not just your opinion. It's what the rules say. If a car left the track, rejoining is allowed provided that no advantage will be gained and it is safe to do so.
Im confused..what incident are you guys talking about? At long beach there is no "off track"...which implies "on track".....he never left the track in the first place.....He was sitting Broad Sided at exit of the fountain corner.He was blocking the track regardless of whether he moved or not....maybe yo guys should watch the replay 1 more time....

he never "left the track"....at long beach when you spin.....your in the midle of the racing line.....theres no where to get out of the way at longbeach
Old 21 Jul 2011, 18:11 (Ref:2929503)   #54
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
There are some escape roads, like at most modern street circuits. Granted, that's not the case at the fountain, but it's still a similar issue. The car was well off of the normal running zone (or as much as you really can be at that point), and tried to rejoin the racing line while a group of cars was going through. Given the penalties handed out in many series around the world, epsecially for what happens on pit lane, this instance would no doubt be adjudged a "dangerous re-entry".

And no, he could have waited for the trafffic to clear once again to get going. It's his own damn fault if he makes a relatively poor move, and gets caught out at what just happens to be the tightest part of the circuit. I like the stewards to get involved as little as possible, but this is one of those areas where on-track stupidity needs to be met with some real consequences from race control.

As for Mosport, I'm going to laugh if one or both of the Jags manage to blitz several cars up the back straight on the opening lap or two. Those Cats definitely have straight-line speed in spades.

And if the #20 can actually keep its starting position this time, I wonder if the Cytosport Lola-Aston could out-pull a Dyson train up the back straight. Again, I have little doubt that the Autocon car will be the fastest in the speed trap.
Old 21 Jul 2011, 18:56 (Ref:2929528)   #55
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post

And no, he could have waited for the trafffic to clear once again to get going. It's his own damn fault if he makes a relatively poor move, and gets caught out at what just happens to be the tightest part of the circuit. I like the stewards to get involved as little as possible, but this is one of those areas where on-track stupidity needs to be met with some real consequences from race control.

you understand that the fountain corner is essentially a blind corner when your pointed backwards?...He couldnt see those cars and they couldnt see him...not his fualt...did you want him to just sit there for the rest of the race?never knowing if a car was coming or not?

No one drives into oncoming traffic on purpose man....thats a simple assumption(thats true for someon of Auberlen's caliber)...Which indicates that he obviously didnt see the cars....Why would he block his teammate on purpose?
Old 21 Jul 2011, 22:40 (Ref:2929631)   #56
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The cars have radios, and the teams have access to camera feeds. They can tell the driver if something is coming if that's what is required; so, there is still no excuse.

And fast drivers still make REALLY dumb track re-entries, like Paul Tracy taking out Alex Tagliani at San Jose in 2006.
Old 21 Jul 2011, 23:57 (Ref:2929655)   #57
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Ironically a BMW M3 did get a very serious penalty for a much less dangerous re-entry at the Karussell in N24. Was it 1 minute or 3 minutes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
And fast drivers still make REALLY dumb track re-entries, like Paul Tracy taking out Alex Tagliani at San Jose in 2006.
Some moron took out a Porsche with his Z4 at FIA GT3 Navarra just recently. Spun at the last turn, got bored of watching the cars go by and just drove into the traffic.
http://youtu.be/SEpacvsZ7-M?t=40s

Last edited by Pandamasque; 22 Jul 2011 at 00:03.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 05:59 (Ref:2929689)   #58
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Im confused..what incident are you guys talking about? At long beach there is no "off track"...which implies "on track".....he never left the track in the first place.....He was sitting Broad Sided at exit of the fountain corner.He was blocking the track regardless of whether he moved or not....maybe yo guys should watch the replay 1 more time....

he never "left the track"....at long beach when you spin.....your in the midle of the racing line.....theres no where to get out of the way at longbeach
I was referring to the incident that spun Auberlen around that you blamed Milner for, not the mess that followed Auberlen's spin.

I figured that was fairly obvious since I mentioned Milner and the fact that Auberlen banged into the side of him...
Old 22 Jul 2011, 08:26 (Ref:2929714)   #59
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Thanks. I guess it is a new Gallardo?

Back to Mosport: Did anybody go to the pit stop demo event they had today?
I did - only stuck around for a bit as I had stuff to do.

It was kinda neat to see a bunch of the cars parked in TO's most happening square, and I had not heard the Corvette's engine in person since last year.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 13:45 (Ref:2929790)   #60
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
What are the promoter tests scheduled for today? Some PR program just to put the cars on the track?
Old 22 Jul 2011, 13:53 (Ref:2929792)   #61
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
I did - only stuck around for a bit as I had stuff to do.

It was kinda neat to see a bunch of the cars parked in TO's most happening square, and I had not heard the Corvette's engine in person since last year.
I've always wanted to see one of these type of events, just so I can see what the cars look like out of a track setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
What are the promoter tests scheduled for today? Some PR program just to put the cars on the track?
The Promoter Tests are just free practice time for people who want it. I think they may have to pay for it, but I'm sure lots of teams will take up the opportunity for more track time.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 14:20 (Ref:2929803)   #62
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
DO we get timing and scoring?
Old 22 Jul 2011, 15:22 (Ref:2929813)   #63
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Usually not.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 16:56 (Ref:2929855)   #64
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Usually not.
Really, I recall following plenty of those 'pre-event' test sessions via ALMS scoring
Old 22 Jul 2011, 19:13 (Ref:2929899)   #65
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Green flag is out. T&S is up.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 19:32 (Ref:2929903)   #66
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone else getting spotty timing and scoring?
Old 22 Jul 2011, 19:34 (Ref:2929904)   #67
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
anyone else getting spotty timing and scoring?
It seems to be ok for me.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 20:13 (Ref:2929917)   #68
AGD
Veteran

The Abruzzi has not been running all that badly so far. It's less than a second off the pace of the slower of the two Corvettes (which is probably a good reference point for the Abruzzi) and Edward Sandstrom has been quite fast. I wonder if he tested at Mosport because he is really on it.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 20:32 (Ref:2929922)   #69
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
The Abruzzi has not been running all that badly so far. It's less than a second off the pace of the slower of the two Corvettes (which is probably a good reference point for the Abruzzi) and Edward Sandstrom has been quite fast. I wonder if he tested at Mosport because he is really on it.
The time it's holding off right now (1.20.023) would've put the car ahead of Neiman and second ESM Ferrari @ 2010 qualifying...

One thing's for sure, I laugh HARD if this thing goes faster than both RSR Jags in quali!
Old 22 Jul 2011, 20:37 (Ref:2929924)   #70
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
The time it's holding off right now (1.20.023) would've put the car ahead of Neiman and second ESM Ferrari @ 2010 qualifying...

One thing's for sure, I laugh HARD if this thing goes faster than both RSR Jags in quali!
Dont worry, Im sure RSR has installed new *updates* for the car like last weekend. Perhaps this weekend both Gentilojags can outqualify the GTC field.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 20:39 (Ref:2929925)   #71
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is th Panoz legal, aside from it's homologation, there seems to be a lot of confidence it's going to be bang on the pace.

Last edited by JAG; 22 Jul 2011 at 21:08.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 20:47 (Ref:2929929)   #72
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Dont worry, Im sure RSR has installed new *updates* for the car like last weekend. Perhaps this weekend both Gentilojags can outqualify the GTC field.
Doubt that

Abruzzi actually outqualified the gentleman-driven Jag at Sebring, and was 1 tenth off from the so called Pro effort... so I suppose it could be possible here already. I'm loving it, barely legal scarecrow-entry with one-race experience can genuinely beat factory-supported Cats with years of development. Well at least until it breaks down...

And by years of development I really mean years of development. RSR isn't fooling anyone
Old 22 Jul 2011, 20:55 (Ref:2929933)   #73
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Doubt that

Abruzzi actually outqualified the gentleman-driven Jag at Sebring, and was 1 tenth off from the so called Pro effort... so I suppose it could be possible here already. I'm loving it, barely legal scarecrow-entry with one-race experience can genuinely beat factory-supported Cats with years of development. Well at least until it breaks down...

And by years of development I really mean years of development. RSR isn't fooling anyone
No, but not from a lacking of trying by their PR department, Vop, the Crywagon forum and his other disciples.

Back on topic, Klaus was laying down some great laps. Lets see what Luhr can do.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 20:56 (Ref:2929934)   #74
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Is th Panoz legal, aside from it's homologation, there's seems to be a lot of confidence it's going to be bang on the pace.
I'm not sure. Did the street car version of the Abruzzi ever get homologated in Europe? I don't know what kind of restrictor and other breaks the Abruzzi is getting, but surely it can't be much worse (if worse at all) than the RSR Jags. Anyway, it's 11th in class so far. That's not great, but it's running times close to the cars in the middle of the pack. Sandstrom looks like he might be a good driver too. We'll see I guess.

Any word about the #16 Dyson car? It has not been out on the track according to T&S. The #20 has been a bit off the #6's pace so far. The Autocon car has been disappointing I must say. Of course, there's still like 15 minutes left.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 20:58 (Ref:2929935)   #75
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
I'm not sure. Did the street car version of the Abruzzi ever get homologated in Europe? I don't know what kind of restrictor and other breaks the Abruzzi is getting, but surely it can't be much worse (if worse at all) than the RSR Jags. Anyway, it's 11th in class so far. That's not great, but it's running times close to the cars in the middle of the pack. Sandstrom looks like he might be a good driver too. We'll see I guess.

Any word about the #16 Dyson car? It has not been out on the track according to T&S. The #20 has been a bit off the #6's pace so far. The Autocon car has been disappointing I must say. Of course, there's still like 15 minutes left.
Dyson car just appeared on the timing and scoring screen, very late in the session though.