Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 21 Jan 2005, 03:41 (Ref:1206066)   #1
SkylineR34
Rookie

Hong Kong
SkylineR34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Macau Grand Prix - unofficial F3 world championship

Share your fond memories here either as a spectator, driver, official, layabout.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 13:01 (Ref:1206349)   #2
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh. What a dull thread.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 15:59 (Ref:1206501)   #3
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since you call it the "unofficial F3 WC", i wonder which event people rate higher: The F3 Masters at Zandvoort or the Macau F3 GP?
Old 21 Jan 2005, 17:47 (Ref:1206566)   #4
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Macau is probably a bigger challenge but also often produces lucky winners, so i rate the Masters higher
Old 21 Jan 2005, 21:00 (Ref:1206707)   #5
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
considering both were dominated by mercedes superpower this year i wouldnt consider either to be a fair showing of talent however both tracks are challenging and exiting. i prefer the masters though. of the two, the chances are that the masters will provide the best judge of talent but having said that if you can finish the macau grand prix in a decent top 10 position or so you can count yourself as skillfull enough to race anywhere.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 21:31 (Ref:1206733)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'd rate macau's qualifying session results above the zandvoort result, but the actual macau final result below that of the zandvoort one. reason being the same one given by flor earlier in the thread - macau's one heck of a challenging track, but the random results don't really mean it's a great thing to judge a driver on (unless you look at the whole weekend, blah blah).

mind you, the masters race in 2004 was pretty dull after the initialfew laps so it's swings and roundabouts really...
Old 22 Jan 2005, 14:55 (Ref:1207153)   #7
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bahrain this year, being brand new, was a pretty neat way to do it.
Old 22 Jan 2005, 20:32 (Ref:1207374)   #8
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flor
Macau is probably a bigger challenge but also often produces lucky winners, so i rate the Masters higher
I disagree. I saw all the three biggest F3 events - MMasters, Macau and Bahrain - I can assure you that all the winners were lucky!!
Zandvoort is an easy challenge If you compare it to Macau. Macau is extremely difficult and it's where we can see who are the DRIVERS.
Old 22 Jan 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1207388)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Luck, luck, luck.

Luck = preparation + opportunity.

If I'm in second place, and the leader crashes out, my win is because I was the quickest car to finish the race, which is the point of the exercise.
Old 22 Jan 2005, 23:51 (Ref:1207473)   #10
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rubbish.Luck,or pehaps the term "impossible to predict or allow for" plays a massive role in all sport, and especially at Macau.This year Rosberg,whilst leading, was the first driver to come across the oil whilst braking for Lisboa - how could he possibly of predicted that - even the marshalls didn't know.Hamilton caught it too as did Watts whilst outbraking Carroll.Premat wacked the wall so hard that neither he nor anyone else understands why his suspension didn't break - couldn't do it again if he tried.Kubica was the quickest guy out there and should have won but how can he predict five cars blocking the track and the race finishing under a red flag?No - Premat drove well but he was a "lucky" winner.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 00:01 (Ref:1207484)   #11
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Luck = preparation + opportunity.
Yah, I can not agree more!
Old 23 Jan 2005, 16:06 (Ref:1207953)   #12
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone who doesn't realise just what a big part Luck has to play in life, never mind just motor racing, hasn't had any.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 23 Jan 2005, 16:07 (Ref:1207955)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
or has always had it and never realised what it is to be unlucky...
Old 23 Jan 2005, 23:12 (Ref:1208242)   #14
Lisboa
Racer

Lisboa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Macau Is The University Of Motor-racing About Single Seater Formulas For Young Drivers. No Story: Zandvoort Is Nothing Compered To Macau, And Bahrain Is A Young And Too 'normal' Circuit.
If The History Of Macau, The Story Is The Starting-grid: Not The Final Result. In The Race The Luck Sometimes Was Very Very Important.
Look At The Pole Man: Fisichella 1994, Heidfeld 1996....not Winner, But Faster On The Track!
The Same This Year: Premat Was Quite Luck, But For All The People On The Track Kubica And Hamilton Were The Heroes!

If You Love Motor-racing, You Love Macau!
Old 24 Jan 2005, 05:03 (Ref:1208330)   #15
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you have to be either really good or really lucky to win in Macau and the thing is that people who watches the race can tell which one you are.

Ayrton Senna wasn't just lucky to win in 1983. Michael Schumacher and Mika Hakkinen were head and shoulders above the rest in 1990.
Old 25 Jan 2005, 10:57 (Ref:1209370)   #16
toot toot
Racer

toot toot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Premat was probably the luckiest driver in the world this year, to win the masters and macau. However it was is his driving talent that put him in the position to take advantage when other drivers were not so fortunate i.e. Salignon, Rosberg and Hamilton.
Old 28 Jan 2005, 16:23 (Ref:1212096)   #17
adampio
Rookie

England
Buckinham
adampio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Macau is the most biggest and best f3 venue in the world!!!!!
u get quality racing and its not predictable at all!!!
also in britain all they do is follow eachova around the track but here there are overtaking oppertunities!