Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jul 2013, 02:02 (Ref:3283581)   #26
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've read the Italian press this afternoon, was expecting more drama.
The only interesting bit I came across was a comment made by a fan in an article of LaGazzeta :"Alonso attributes so many miracles to himself that instead of Red Bull he should sign for the Vatican"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
What about a swap, it's been rumoured that Vettel might go to Ferrari?
I don't know how serious he was, but Horner said he would not exchange Vettel for any other driver.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 02:08 (Ref:3283582)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
What about a swap, it's been rumoured that Vettel might go to Ferrari?
Can Potsie stay at RBR if this happens? Please!

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Jul 2013, 02:14 (Ref:3283585)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Isn't that the 2011 car?
Old 30 Jul 2013, 03:55 (Ref:3283607)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Of course if Alonso were to leave Ferrari, there is an alternative. Mansell never actually retired.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 05:14 (Ref:3283629)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Isn't that the 2011 car?
It didnt break down as much as the 2013 version
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Jul 2013, 07:07 (Ref:3283653)   #31
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me its a difficult spat to judge this Alonso, Ferrari fall out. Ferrari drivers are asked to put the team before their own demands and we've seen drivers let go before once they have said something negative about the team. Prost did it 20 odd years ago and was sacked before the end of the season we should remember.

That said, I do think this team policy ethic is flawed and rather hypocritical. Ferrari's press releases in recent years have provided much comical entertainment and Luca has never shied away from publicly stating what he really thinks. In this instance Ferrari are insinuating Alonso has been unprofessional in hinting he feels the team need to improve and its put across like he has broken a cardinal rule. If only Luca and the Maranello press office were quite so willing to practice what they preach I hear people say. A struggling Massa felt the brunt of the teams PR when they publicly criticised his performances on their website and Italian media. Not exactly a proactive approach to improving the morale of a struggling driver and in their own words here 'unprofessional' to state such things.

Racing drivers are egotistical and almost self absorbed characters. They want to win for the team but first and foremost they want to win for themselves. Fernando is experiencing his 4th season now with a team who have promised him the earth but delivered nothing in the way of a championship. For a team of their calibre it simply isn't good enough. Alonso is naturally frustrated and may have been a little naive in stating his feelings. He has done this many times in the past of course with his previous employers. For me he is the most complete driver on the grid and you give him a car good enough and he'll deliver. I think Ferrari would be silly to let him go over a few silly comments, but there is part of me that would love to see the inner challenge at Red Bull should he end up there. I really do feel Fernando holds the cards on this one and Ferrari are simply being far too defensive and are in danger of pushing him away, rather than applying this energy into tackling the real performance related problem.

Written by a Hamilton fan
Old 30 Jul 2013, 08:28 (Ref:3283678)   #32
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Isn't that the 2011 car?

Oh, and de Montezemolo is a massive hypocrite.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 09:27 (Ref:3283705)   #33
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Its also worth noting that new engine's are scheduled for 2014 and Ferrari being an engine manufacturer themselves, could be an advantage. If Alonso did decide to jump ship for next season and Red Bull were dealing with an underpowered Renault power plant, it could well be the worst decision of his career. I'd like to think teams like Mercedes and Ferrari will be in a better place with such drastic introductions, but F1 is always a huge gamble and you just don't know which way things will fall.

I know Ferrari have had issues for the past 4 season's, but next year could play into their hands. They just need to stop Luca pushing people out of the team the same way he did with Schumacher, Todt, Brawn and Raikkonen. The culture is very different these days and having arguably the best driver on the grid should be seen as a huge bonus. No driver is bigger than the team, but Alonso is their best option to deliver results and he brings with him a decade of experience whilst being in his prime.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 10:45 (Ref:3283729)   #34
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Mr. Alonso may find himself sitting between his current stool (Ferrari) and his imaginary stool (RBR)!

Great way to eliminate competition if you are RBR!
Old 30 Jul 2013, 11:11 (Ref:3283736)   #35
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Mr. Alonso may find himself sitting between his current stool (Ferrari) and his imaginary stool (RBR)!

I don't think Fernando would have difficulty finding the backing to buy out a contract early if it came to it. He's been in that situation before don't forget and he's got the talent to keep teams interested in his services. I think the gamble is where he chooses to be next year and if the changing regs will suit. There is no way of knowing of course.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 14:22 (Ref:3283802)   #36
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, well, I have to do some research on my earlier posts, but I have said by the time Ferrari was hiring him that it would happen if Ferrari did not deliver what Alonso was expecting... and now here it comes !

I can still remember they saying "It is the perfect marriage"
Old 30 Jul 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3283810)   #37
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Why would he ?

It's not like Alonso would make life easier for him than Vettel, or that he has better chances to win with Alonso. And he knows, that's IMO why he didn't move to Ferrari. Better be Webber than Massa 2.0.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 16:27 (Ref:3283838)   #38
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
........"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
.......or sleeping with the fishes.
when i read that part of Montezemolo giving everyone a knife it was more like Tom Hagen meeting with Frank Pantangeli in prison.

'When a plot against the Emperor failed... the plotters were always given a chance... to let their families keep their fortunes. Right 'Alonso'?'
Old 30 Jul 2013, 22:44 (Ref:3283977)   #39
PepsiVodka
Rookie

Canada
Grande Prairie
PepsiVodka is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:

RBR has a bunch of smart fellows. But unless RBR gives Alonso 1st driver which is not what they want then he will stay at Ferrari for obvious reasons.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 23:17 (Ref:3283985)   #40
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiVodka View Post
RBR has a bunch of smart fellows. But unless RBR gives Alonso 1st driver which is not what they want then he will stay at Ferrari for obvious reasons.
What I was suggesting is that RBR has no interest in Alonso, and by alienating Ferrari with his whining, he could end up sitting out the season.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 23:27 (Ref:3283990)   #41
PepsiVodka
Rookie

Canada
Grande Prairie
PepsiVodka is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
What I was suggesting is that RBR has no interest in Alonso, and by alienating Ferrari with his whining, he could end up sitting out the season.
I don't think he could be told to sit out for the rest of the season because who is Ferrari going to replace him with? Some crappy pay driver.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 23:37 (Ref:3283994)   #42
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiVodka View Post
I don't think he could be told to sit out for the rest of the season because who is Ferrari going to replace him with? Some crappy pay driver.
You have Hulkenburg, Kimi, RoGro? Moldanado, Sainz Jnr., Schumacher, Kobayashi, Bird, Ricciardo ...

Its not like the pairing of Alonso and Ferrari are getting the job done, for whatever reason.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 00:13 (Ref:3284002)   #43
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I knew it would happen...
Old 31 Jul 2013, 05:29 (Ref:3284062)   #44
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He may as well go to Redbull if he can. Ferrari clearly don't appreciate the work he has done. He put that car further up the field than it ever has deserved.
He is wasted at Ferrari where clearly the driver is just another element. Not in Alonso's case, as much as I like to not like him, he is no.1 in F1 currently.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 06:50 (Ref:3284083)   #45
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Could it be possible that Red Bull and Ferrari reach a deal to exchange drivers? RB would not want to lose Seb under any circumstances but if he were to show his long term interest in joining Ferrari, could they make the best of the situation by swapping one world class driver for another? Its fun to speculate.

It would be sad if such a deal took place and then Fernando found himself at Red Bull during an uncompetitive spell whilst Seb joined the Scuderia who then had the engine advantage lol.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3284134)   #46
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
Could it be possible that Red Bull and Ferrari reach a deal to exchange drivers? RB would not want to lose Seb under any circumstances but if he were to show his long term interest in joining Ferrari, could they make the best of the situation by swapping one world class driver for another? Its fun to speculate.

It would be sad if such a deal took place and then Fernando found himself at Red Bull during an uncompetitive spell whilst Seb joined the Scuderia who then had the engine advantage lol.
RBR have Vettel, they have no interest in getting Alonso, and Vettel has no interest in going to Ferrari.
What would he get out of the move?
A whole bunch of politics and an uncompetitive car, or a car that he can beat at present.

Look at how Ferrari treat Alonso and how RBR treats Vettel, why would he move?

P.S. Not everyone is so blinded by the almighty dollar that they don't know when they are well off!
Old 31 Jul 2013, 10:16 (Ref:3284146)   #47
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2001 View Post
He may as well go to Redbull if he can. Ferrari clearly don't appreciate the work he has done. He put that car further up the field than it ever has deserved.
He is wasted at Ferrari where clearly the driver is just another element. Not in Alonso's case, as much as I like to not like him, he is no.1 in F1 currently.
That Ferrari only pay him 20 million a year is yet more evidence of how under appreciated he is. It's bordering on abuse really
Old 31 Jul 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3284181)   #48
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
RBR have Vettel, they have no interest in getting Alonso, and Vettel has no interest in going to Ferrari.
What would he get out of the move?
A whole bunch of politics and an uncompetitive car, or a car that he can beat at present.

Look at how Ferrari treat Alonso and how RBR treats Vettel, why would he move?

P.S. Not everyone is so blinded by the almighty dollar that they don't know when they are well off!
Look at it as me trying to throw a few possibilities into the discussion rather than giving my opinion about what will actually happen.

F1 moves so fast and performance changes by the season. Vettel 'has' stated on a number of occasions that he wants to drive for Ferrari one day so its not totally out of the realms of possibility. Its also worth noting that an uncompetitve Ferrari this season does not always mean it will be in the same phase next season. Drivers look at the possibilities in the long term rather than making decisions based on current form (usually). I also didn't make any suggestions about money and the reason a driver would move. After all Fernando chose to live back in Spain and pay higher tax so he isn't as cash hungry as the Raikkonen's on the grid
Old 31 Jul 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3284222)   #49
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Senna wanted to drive for Ferrari one day, but he never did because they didn't have a winner car during his time in F1. I guess Vettel is the same. Mind you that Ferrari doesn't have a winner team since TGF days. Even they were runner up in past seasons, they were not the best package. If Vettel wants to fullfil a teenage driver dream that's alright, but to become a multiple WDC that's not the route to go. He is in the right place with the right guys, and that would be insane to leave this team and let another hungry for win driver sit in his place. Yes, F1 is dynamic but I doubt the top places will change drastically and if they do, Vettel will hold at least 2 seasons before make a move to a better place. Right now, both drivers are unlikely to swap places.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 14:08 (Ref:3284239)   #50
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Perhaps Vettel will win his 4th title and feel he is already a multiple WDC and has enough years left to use Ferrari as a project? Then again he has also hinted he may not be in F1 for much longer so its difficult to gage what his agenda is. Many assume all he is interested in is being a multiple multiple multiple winner and what is now will be forever. I'm not so sure, and admit I don't know the kid, but I'm happy to speculate.