Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Oct 2017, 12:59 (Ref:3775233)   #26
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I actually said: "Being an American, I have heard the national flag called the 'Red, white and blue', but it's not very common."
That's probably why the few Americans I spoke to wouldn't refer to it that way. Obviously some do, but it's not a universal reference apparently.
Old 20 Oct 2017, 13:02 (Ref:3775234)   #27
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
In true Americentric style (great amalgamation - love it), shouldn't you think of Orange as iconic to a county famous for customising bikes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
How about that, and I always thought the colours used reflected the fact it was in Texas!
Nah, Texas = orange.

Old 20 Oct 2017, 13:15 (Ref:3775237)   #28
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Nah, Texas = orange.
Well that's going to get confusing.
If we see someone wearing Orange in the crowd does that mean they're Texan, supporting McLaren or fans of Max?

As for someone in red, white and blue - who knows. Maybe got some old Marussia kit?
Old 20 Oct 2017, 13:48 (Ref:3775242)   #29
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can FP1 please start so this thread can get back to racing.
Old 20 Oct 2017, 14:16 (Ref:3775245)   #30
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i suppose not necessarily cutting edge technology, but pretty cool to read about these new glove sensors some of the teams will be trying out in FP1.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...-us-gp-967685/

cant say i recall reading about the earlier trials but i hope it works...sounds like a very sensible addition to the tools that the medical staff have in assessing injuries before they reach a crash scene.
Old 20 Oct 2017, 14:59 (Ref:3775255)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Apparently Hartley might start at back due to grid penalties. At least he’s on a circuit where you can overtake, even in these new cars
Old 20 Oct 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3775271)   #32
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
http://m.bbc.com/sport/formula1/2017...sults/practice

Mercedes looking good, Vettel and Verstappen showing their class. Impressive from vandorne, and Massa demonstrating that he has still got it. (or is it just practice and it tells us nothing?)
Old 20 Oct 2017, 17:05 (Ref:3775274)   #33
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes looks like an interesting session. Hope it keeps going till quali
Old 20 Oct 2017, 18:06 (Ref:3775285)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Apparently Hartley might start at back due to grid penalties. At least he’s on a circuit where you can overtake, even in these new cars
What a splendidly absurd way to make your GP debut. I despair.
Old 20 Oct 2017, 18:13 (Ref:3775296)   #35
S griffin
Veteran

And now it looks Max will get one too. There could go another Hamilton challenger and seems his bad luck may be back
Old 20 Oct 2017, 18:22 (Ref:3775298)   #36
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Nah, Texas = orange.

Quote:
Well that's going to get confusing.
If we see someone wearing Orange in the crowd does that mean they're Texan, supporting McLaren or fans of Max?

As for someone in red, white and blue - who knows. Maybe got some old Marussia kit?

The hats on Europeans during the podium celebration is the most awkward part of the season for me. Also very funny.

And to confuse the matter more, the Horns are playing the Cowboys from Stillwater Oklahoma in Austin on Saturday. So if Pokes (another word for Cowboys) fans stuck around for the race on Sunday, like I know I would if I made that trip, the orange you see could be them...you need to be able to tell the difference between Burnt Orange and plain old orange.

Back to the race weekend at hand. Looks like decent weather for a meeting!
Old 20 Oct 2017, 20:55 (Ref:3775315)   #37
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
http://m.bbc.com/sport/formula1/41702368

Hamilton, Verstappen and Vettel showing their quality again. Alonso and Massa putting in a good performance in FP2 also. Is Massa showing why he is worth a drive in 2018?

It's looking close between all 3 top cars, which bodes well for keeping the title race alive.
Old 21 Oct 2017, 04:19 (Ref:3775362)   #38
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Grid penalties (provisional) for the US GP.

Hartley = 25 places
Hulkenberg = 20 places
Verstappen = 15 places
Vandoorne = 5 places
Old 21 Oct 2017, 07:20 (Ref:3775371)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Explain that to any casual local spectators...... Ludicrous.
Old 21 Oct 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3775381)   #40
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
This poster also contains the reason that Qualifying has been moved and will be on late for European viewers.

To demonstrate how the fans at the race are being seen as just as important as TV audiences, they have decided to schedule the two events close together to encourage spectators to attend both.
Old 21 Oct 2017, 09:25 (Ref:3775384)   #41
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes who is Justin driving for?
Old 21 Oct 2017, 10:14 (Ref:3775392)   #42
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes who is Justin driving for?
The poster suggests Renault as he is highlighted in Yellow?
Old 21 Oct 2017, 11:13 (Ref:3775402)   #43
S griffin
Veteran

So more grid penalties. When will they end, they’re ruining the sport. It’s just not helping gain followers
Old 21 Oct 2017, 12:21 (Ref:3775411)   #44
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The poster suggests Renault as he is highlighted in Yellow?
I wish we analyzed each poster for hidden meanings. It's more fun than the typical driver arguments between fans.

Richard
Old 21 Oct 2017, 12:36 (Ref:3775414)   #45
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I wish we analyzed each poster for hidden meanings. It's more fun than the typical driver arguments between fans.

Richard
Although as Justin is listed as Saturday only, I guess he's only doing FP3? Be interesting to see how he goes?
Old 21 Oct 2017, 12:48 (Ref:3775415)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
He'll probably pick up a grid penalty........
Old 21 Oct 2017, 13:54 (Ref:3775421)   #47
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
The grid penalties wouldn't be so bad if they shook up the order sometimes. But the dominant team - Mercedes - never has enough trouble to get them, and when they did last year, they would make most of it up anyway. All that is happening instead is a car capable of making a podium is mired deep in the field and battles for podium positions aren't as frequent.

I do like the idea of penalizing teams that want to change tons of parts every race, because without them someone like Mercedes would just be even more dominant. But this isn't the way.
Old 21 Oct 2017, 15:51 (Ref:3775428)   #48
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
This poster also contains the reason that Qualifying has been moved and will be on late for European viewers.

To demonstrate how the fans at the race are being seen as just as important as TV audiences, they have decided to schedule the two events close together to encourage spectators to attend both.
The Longhorns also kick off in about 10 minutes. Lord only knows what a hotel room is going for this weekend!
Old 21 Oct 2017, 16:44 (Ref:3775434)   #49
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
The Longhorns also kick off in about 10 minutes. Lord only knows what a hotel room is going for this weekend!
Usain Bolt is starting the race tomorrow, and Michael Buffer will be announcing the drivers onto the grid. Are either of those also at the Longhorns' game?
Old 21 Oct 2017, 16:47 (Ref:3775435)   #50
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
The grid penalties wouldn't be so bad if they shook up the order sometimes. But the dominant team - Mercedes - never has enough trouble to get them, and when they did last year, they would make most of it up anyway. All that is happening instead is a car capable of making a podium is mired deep in the field and battles for podium positions aren't as frequent.

I do like the idea of penalizing teams that want to change tons of parts every race, because without them someone like Mercedes would just be even more dominant. But this isn't the way.

You couldn’t put it better if you tried. It’s ridiculous the way it is, IDK the people in charge think it’s a good idea. Your post is full of good sense

Tags
cota, hartley, red bull, str, usgp