http://www.lazarus.ie/images/john-paddy.jpg

family of Eddie Jordan ? the guy on the right sure looks a lot like him

love, bridget
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:07 (Ref:860401)   #27
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Its the "National" Circuit. There are 3 circuits (well 4 actually) but 3 are used for racing.

There is the National track where the cars turn sharp right just after Maggots and go down what is essentially a straight all the way to Brooklands corner (in the complex). (here is where I believe the photo was taken as there are trees here)

Then there is the International track which again turns left near Maggots just before Beckets, which takes the cars down to the Abbey chicane, except its a hairpin which uses the pre-94 part of the Abbey corner.

And of course there is the full Grand Prix track.

Last edited by Sodemo; 2 Feb 2004 at 19:09.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:09 (Ref:860412)   #28
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.discpro.org/aviation/silverstone.jpg

look for the trees right next to the track....
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:29 (Ref:860459)   #29
Bridget Stone
Racer

Bridget Stone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think ITV would carry this strory if the photo is fake:

http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/19653

Thumbs up Jos ! (or any other Dutchie)

love, bridget
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:40 (Ref:860482)   #30
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I see no Muermans on the car...Does this mean no Jos...Or is this banner on the rear spoiler?
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:42 (Ref:860486)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
dictionary.com defines Lazarus as:

lazarus
n 1: the person who Jesus raised from the dead after four days in the tomb; this miracle caused the enemies of Jesus to begin the plan to put him to death

So without ruining the cultural sensitivities here, is Lazarus a play on words, like the phoenix rising from the ashes? Something which the world thought was dead somehow comes alive again....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:50 (Ref:860506)   #32
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re: First pic of Jordan - Ford EJ14

Quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuyEddie
http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/19653

There it is, with prominently featuring the Trust-logo.
According to a dutch F1-site, Jordan were running without the Trust logo in the afternoon.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 20:05 (Ref:860538)   #33
Bridget Stone
Racer

Bridget Stone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
dictionary.com defines Lazarus as:

lazarus
n 1: the person who Jesus raised from the dead after four days in the tomb; this miracle caused the enemies of Jesus to begin the plan to put him to death

So without ruining the cultural sensitivities here, is Lazarus a play on words, like the phoenix rising from the ashes? Something which the world thought was dead somehow comes alive again....
Maybe it somehow points to Jos, rising from the dead

"being lazarus" in Dutch is also an expression for being totally drunk
Maybe that points to the founders of this IRISH company

love, bridget
Old 2 Feb 2004, 20:09 (Ref:860550)   #34
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bridget Stone
Maybe it somehow points to Jos, rising from the dead
That went also thru my mind.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 20:15 (Ref:860558)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
Its the "National" Circuit. There are 3 circuits (well 4 actually) but 3 are used for racing.

There is the National track where the cars turn sharp right just after Maggots and go down what is essentially a straight all the way to Brooklands corner (in the complex). (here is where I believe the photo was taken as there are trees here)

Then there is the International track which again turns left near Maggots just before Beckets, which takes the cars down to the Abbey chicane, except its a hairpin which uses the pre-94 part of the Abbey corner.

And of course there is the full Grand Prix track.
I've raced on the National track and don't remember any trees. Although looking at NiceGuyEddie's great picture I see there are some on the outside just after Maggots and on the outside just after the exit of Copse. However on the picture the car is moving right to left. Which means that the picture must be from the outside of the circuit.

So maybe it was the International circuit? Perhaps the same set of trees just after Maggots, but now on the inside. Judging by the gravel the best candidates are these, with the photographer just in front of the H24 on the NGE's picture. http://www.discpro.org/aviation/silverstone.jpg

Another alternative is the South circuit, but I don't think it can be this http://www.racingcircuits.net/United...toneSouth.html It uses the same bit of track in front of those trees, but (I think) runs the other way down that piece of track. I don't think the South circuit runs car races.

To continue this aside there are lots of different circuits at Silvertone that are used for racing.

There are the three that Monster mentioned. However the long GP circuit has a couple of other varients. One a historic GP circuit (old Abbey and different Club - old cars don't like using hteir brakes!) and another for the bike. The International circuit also has an added chicane for the bikes. There is also the Stowe circuit http://www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/index.html which runs car races. The Stowe circuit is inside the South circuit and doesn't use any of the GP track. There is also a Roger Clark Rallysprint Track! Phew!

Most of the layouts are outlines on the excellent http://www.racingcircuits.net website.

Last edited by Adam43; 2 Feb 2004 at 20:16.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 20:40 (Ref:860596)   #36
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe a teaser for Peridon(this is what you could get??)
Old 2 Feb 2004, 20:59 (Ref:860630)   #37
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats with the side pods.Looks strange but the black paintwork hides a lot of detail.Will wait for more pics before I say anymore.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 2 Feb 2004 at 21:02.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 21:09 (Ref:860650)   #38
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe they put Trust on the sidepods, when they thought the deal was done, and just hadn't removed them yet?

Well, we shall know shortly either way.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 21:22 (Ref:860668)   #39
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, the official (and low-key) launch is Wednesday. They will also do a little more testing then too.

What chance of announcing the second driver too?
Old 2 Feb 2004, 21:32 (Ref:860682)   #40
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Heidfeld was announced without much fuss...
Old 2 Feb 2004, 23:06 (Ref:860779)   #41
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK:

It is Jos!
2-02-2004

It looks as though there has been a major change of heart and that Jos Verstappen and his sponsors have finally agreed a deal with Jordan.
Although neither Verstappen nor Jordan have made any further comments since last week's announcement that talks between the various parties had broken down, it appears that a deal has been done and the Dutchman will partner Nick Heidfeld this season.

The EJ14 had its maiden run at Silverstone today, ahead of its low-key unveiling on Wednesday. The car was running with prominent 'Trust' logos. Trust is one of the Dutch racer's main sponsors.

Although there is no official confirmation, it would appear that Verstappen has signed on the dotted line for the Irish team.

When contacted by pitpass, Jordan refused to confirm or deny that Verstappen had signed, but did confirm that the EJ14 ran with 'Trust' logos today.

source: Pitpass.com

and especialy for Eddie(Peridon says: No Jos, no Trust, but only in Dutch)

http://www.f1news.nl/index.php?id=2238
Old 2 Feb 2004, 23:14 (Ref:860792)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Pitpass is very slow at the moment. Its not really anymore than the ITV site said is it?
Old 2 Feb 2004, 23:16 (Ref:860797)   #43
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they have signed with Trust & Jos, they better improve the paintscheme. Right now the car looks like last year's but with a few stickers!
Old 2 Feb 2004, 23:39 (Ref:860827)   #44
Nizmo32_josh
Rookie

Nizmo32_josh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could only see Jos or another dutch driver in the car once eddie had confermed Nick. This is great new but will hold my celebrations till tomorrow....... This is like a "days of our lives"....Interesting at first but now i just cannot wait for it to end..

Que N.G.E after that post steve!

Last edited by Nizmo32_josh; 2 Feb 2004 at 23:42.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 23:42 (Ref:860829)   #45
SKWei
Rookie

SKWei should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It look's like a little shamrock beside the Lazarus, so maybe the Merrion Capital consortium from Ireland is going into branding. Re-branded energy drink perhaps?
Old 3 Feb 2004, 00:41 (Ref:860869)   #46
santori
Racer

santori should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is pitpass saying about Verstappen?

I can't get into the site.
Old 3 Feb 2004, 02:34 (Ref:860944)   #47
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regarding the picture is it just low quality? The faded bits look fake but if it is a low resolution that would have the same effect :-S Not that it truely matters also looking at the reflection it is not possible to tell. Still glad to see sponsers on the car and maybe they will actually be able to race properly this year!
Old 3 Feb 2004, 03:34 (Ref:860970)   #48
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SKWei
It look's like a little shamrock beside the Lazarus, so maybe the Merrion Capital consortium from Ireland is going into branding. Re-branded energy drink perhaps?
Good idea. "Lazarus" typography seems to be similar to Jordan´s current iso-logotype (look the logo at http://www.f1jordan.com), and near the Lazarus script is a green Irish leave.
Old 3 Feb 2004, 05:12 (Ref:861034)   #49
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I heard that eddie jordan is selling 'space' on his jordans in terms of 'square inches'... Considering the number of sponsors that I see on the 2004 jordan, I bet the price has gone down from 2003.

The car looks like an unsuccessful imitation of F 2003 GA. I hope it gets some points during the season.
Old 3 Feb 2004, 05:21 (Ref:861049)   #50
Playscape
Rookie

Playscape should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope it works out of the box, there is no money for testing
Closed Thread