Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 26 Apr 2005, 15:39 (Ref:1287945)   #1
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honda's pace

Much as I like to see a good championship, I don't feel the BSB is currently a fair playing field. The reason being Honda. They've won all 6 races so far. Altho I'm sure they've made some significant steps forward with the bike, I can't help feeling its down to the fact they're racing on Michelin tyres while everyone else is on the Dunlops. I thought the BSB was a single tyre supplier like it has been for the past few years. Have the governing body relaxed this rule??
Old 27 Apr 2005, 12:02 (Ref:1288481)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
how is scott smart doing - should he have jumped of the kwaka for the suzuki as reynolds #2....
Old 27 Apr 2005, 14:14 (Ref:1288573)   #3
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am surprised how far down the field the Suzukis are. Look at WSBK - it's Suzuki who have won all 6 races so far with Honda struggling. OK I know the Honda WSBK teams aren't full factory HRC efforts like the BSB campaign but the BSB Suzukis should (theoretically) be better than the WSBK Suzukis (if that makes sense)!!!!
Old 27 Apr 2005, 15:16 (Ref:1288637)   #4
Howard G
Rookie

England
Hertfordshire
Howard G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michelin came in with Honda at beginning of last year and with no data were behind Dunlop last year, think this year that they have a year behind them and with all the Moto Gp experience they are ahead of Dunlop now
Also Honda want to win this year so big factory support
Kiyonari is also head and shoulders above the rest at the moment (apart from Mallory crash), seems to be at one with the bike - Rutter playing catch up
Suzuki are in a difficult time at the moment - lack of input into developing new bike with JR breaking his leg in off season and Scott Smart being new to the team- also team boss has gone off to run Suzuki's Moto Gp team
Believe James Haydon has been brought in to replace JR for next 2 rounds , so he will have something to prove after getting the boot from Airwaves Ducati
I think Hondas main opposition will come from Ducati and Hawk Kawasaki - with the odd showing from Virgin Yamaha and Suzuki once JR is hopefully fit again
Eddie Stobbart Honda(EX Monster Mob Ducati) have a lot of work to do before their back up the front again- think they'll be a change in riders there before to long
Howard
Old 27 Apr 2005, 15:17 (Ref:1288640)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed, I too have been suprised at just how slowly the Rizla Suzuki squad has been going so far this year. But lets not forget that the bike is still fairly new to Scott Smart, hes not experinced with the team yet or the bike im expecting more from him in the 2nd half of the season though when he knows the bike and team inside out. The showing of the Suzukis in BSB has not been helped either by JR's injury, had JR not broken his leg I think we could assume that he at least would still be right up there with the Honda's.