Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 29 Dec 2009, 15:05 (Ref:2605991)   #1
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Snow socks...

Anyone tried these?
Any good?

http://www.snowchains.co.uk/main/weisssock.htm#

Usually when we get snow I don't need to be out and about in it but it's probably worth having something ready just in case.

Last edited by Bluebottle; 29 Dec 2009 at 15:11.
Old 5 Jan 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2608542)   #2
BluSTi
Rookie

United States
Montana, USA
BluSTi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Crazy!! Wouldn't work here though, gotta have Blizzaks...
Old 8 Jan 2010, 08:04 (Ref:2609887)   #3
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
snowsocks!!!! those are hilarious, for only 50 quid, you too can shod your summer tires in cozy somethingorother material that I just cant see how the tire doesnt just spin around inside....rather a daft idea methinks.

Craig, I know that snowtires just arent an option over there, that is why I do understand how treacherous the roads must be for you lot, despite my kidding. You know, I have never used chains. I hear they are a royal pain in the arse to put on, then they make a racket on the road, and arent really practical once you have gotten up the hill you couldnt get up before. I believe chains are illegal here, you certainly dont ever ever see them. maybe out in the country on dirt roads in the middle of nowhere folks use them, but I somehow even doubt that. I think those folks may have studded tires, but even those are a pain on clear pavement cuz of the reduced braking...agian, only someone in the country with only dirt road s would use them.
ps spoke with my nephew in Wales today, he is still off school and says the roads in town and the steep hilly ones are like an icerink. Ive been there once and cant imagine how dangerous it must be.