Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Oct 2010, 23:44 (Ref:2772223)   #76
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Four reasons I'm looking forward to this race:

Staying up for qualifying reminds me of back in the day when the likes of Suzuka would take place in the middle of the night in the UK. It's that sort of ritual that adds to the sense of occasion.

Suzuka is a great circuit that reminds me of a roller-coaster in its sequence of corners such as the Snake and the gradients, and also because of its flow; there is no real sense of straight-corner-straight, but one of conviction in the layout and route.

When qually ends, I so often find myself thinking that I don't want to have to wait a day to watch the Grand Prix, and now I don't need to.

More than that last point though, I think as an event, qualifying plus the race on one day is going to be special, and a mighty challenge for everyone involved.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 00:03 (Ref:2772232)   #77
Racer

6157 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjones View Post
According to the forecast on the Formula 1 website, and BBC weather its going to be wet for this morning.

06:00 Heavy Rain Shower
09:00 Light Rain Shower
12:00 Heavy Rain Shower
15:00 Light Rain Shower

Sunset 17:26

If qualifying is abandoned again (unlikely IMO) they will line up in number order, not by 2009 constructor points, or at least that is what was said on the BBC's F1 coverage by Martin Brundle, and Martin Whitmarsh.
Numerical order is the previous year's constructors points with the exception of the drivers championship winning team being #1 and #2, which again makes no sense at all.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 00:11 (Ref:2772235)   #78
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
More than that last point though, I think as an event, qualifying plus the race on one day is going to be special, and a mighty challenge for everyone involved.
Especially getting the cars turned around from qualifying to race setup; should be interesting.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 00:15 (Ref:2772236)   #79
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah but what changes do they actually make? Considering cars are in Parc Ferme you cant change anything unless its damaged and you have permission from the stewards, so apart from general prep and checks it wont be too much extra work.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 00:46 (Ref:2772243)   #80
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Yeah but what changes do they actually make? Considering cars are in Parc Ferme you cant change anything unless its damaged and you have permission from the stewards, so apart from general prep and checks it wont be too much extra work.
So there's no difference between race and qualifying setup?
Old 10 Oct 2010, 00:54 (Ref:2772244)   #81
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems its going to be a dry qually and race. What a tease.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 01:27 (Ref:2772251)   #82
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
What was all that about between TGF and Teflonso then? Most intriguing part of a humdrum Q1 for me.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 01:47 (Ref:2772262)   #83
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Ferrari made a hash of that.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 02:02 (Ref:2772267)   #84
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I reckon Button is looking handy for a podium finish with his alternative strategy. Could have pulled a blinder. Win should be between the Red Bulls unless they take each other out.

Last edited by ralf fan; 10 Oct 2010 at 02:11.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 02:11 (Ref:2772271)   #85
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vettel, Hamilton and Kubica all mighty.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 02:17 (Ref:2772274)   #86
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
So there's no difference between race and qualifying setup?
None - only fuel load.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 02:18 (Ref:2772275)   #87
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Webber was also mighty.

Button's alternative strategy is very interesting.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 02:19 (Ref:2772276)   #88
davidjones
Rookie

England
Nottingham
davidjones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so where was the rain the BBC's forecast was promising me, i was looking forward to a wet qualifying. cant have it all.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 02:25 (Ref:2772280)   #89
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Williams have complained about Hulkenberg being held up by Hamilton. What a load of balls. I saw the bit they meant and Hamilton was in the final corner about to start his hot lap, not going particularly slowly. What's he supposed to do?
Old 10 Oct 2010, 02:30 (Ref:2772282)   #90
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
None - only fuel load.
That's quite a difference,
Old 10 Oct 2010, 02:34 (Ref:2772283)   #91
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

I don't know whether to go to sleep or stay awake. I'll do a lap of Suzuka on the PS2. If my lap times are way off my usual ones, I'm tired and should sleep. That will be my gauge.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 02:36 (Ref:2772284)   #92
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I don't know whether to go to sleep or stay awake. I'll do a lap of Suzuka on the PS2. If my lap times are way off my usual ones, I'm tired and should sleep. That will be my gauge.

I do similar sometimes on rFactor. Infact if you could attempt the whole race, on your PS2, between now an the actual race.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 10 Oct 2010 at 02:43.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 02:44 (Ref:2772288)   #93
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Went a bit wide at Degner 1.

See you in a few hours.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 02:46 (Ref:2772289)   #94
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Went a bit wide at Degner 1

Maybe Lewis was a bit short on sleep on Friday? Have a good snooze!
Old 10 Oct 2010, 02:49 (Ref:2772290)   #95
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting session. I think the one to watch will be Button, running on the hard tyres. Could be a good move, who knows. Lets hope the rain holds off..
Old 10 Oct 2010, 04:56 (Ref:2772318)   #96
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it possible to watch the Japanese F1 live online without paying a membership?
We cannot receive onehd today so have spent the last two hours tryong to come up with a solution.
Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks
Old 10 Oct 2010, 05:26 (Ref:2772329)   #97
cmifsud
Racer

Australia
Australia
cmifsud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the reason you can't get one hd because you're watching bathurst on 7

People always talk about Justin TV but I've never used it. I'm running 2 TV's so I can watch both bathurst and Suzuka if there is any overlap between the two
Old 10 Oct 2010, 05:35 (Ref:2772336)   #98
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmifsud View Post

People always talk about Justin TV but I've never used it. I'm running 2 TV's so I can watch both bathurst and Suzuka if there is any overlap between the two
2 TVs? That's dedication.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 05:39 (Ref:2772338)   #99
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmifsud View Post

LOL, well there is some truth in that comment but we are at Copacabana this weekend where we are unable to pick one hd reception.
The 1000 has been interesting but we are very keen to watch the GP and a tad 'over the limit' to drive to the local hotel..
I will try justin tv

Thanks
Old 10 Oct 2010, 05:43 (Ref:2772341)   #100
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So Di Grassi has a massive accident at 130r on the way to the grid. Weird weekend lol.